Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 1623242526

For those who can't see the build in the OP: http://ryuhiroshi.ry.funpic.de/pso2/...RA!IOI2IbwdGF8

All you have to do is add "/old/01/" after "/pso2/" in the URL.

Reviving this thread since Gunner is entirely separate from Ranger now.

So, anyone use Power Bullet and/or PP Save Bullet? I know the listed stats, but I can't find any duration anywhere.

PB is apparently "for a short duration" and PPSB is "while loaded with special bullets"

Not that I'd really recommend losing 32% extra damage (Standing Snipe) for 20% PP cost reduction, but I'm curious if it lasts forever so long as you have at least 1 bullet left. I'll do my own testing next time I use a reset pass, but if anyone's already tried them then that would be faster.

I'm interested to hear about launcher builds using PP Bullet Save. It's on that half of the tree, and launchers definitely lend themselves to relying on that kind of skill better than rifles do.

I'm imagining a pretty nice tactic of loading jellen shot with 2 shots or more, firing off the first shot, and then making use of your reduced PP costs for divine launcher, cluster bullet, whatever. People already talk about starting up JAs with crazy smash - now try it when it costs 20% less PP! Not only is it faster to start up, but you don't even fire a normal shot, meaning you keep your special shot(s) loaded.

What works with this build is launcher was already disqualified from Standing Snipe due to the itty bitty nudge after most PAs, so the only real loss there is Killing Bonus. If you use this build mainly for boss fights then even that isn't a big deal.

edit: I'm looking at this right now http://ryuhiroshi.funpic.de/pso2/ski...000000lb00000f
    1 point in Panic or Mirage Shot just to load to get the bonus when you're out of Jellen Shots and the skill is on cooldown.
    Last edited by gigawuts; Aug 14, 2013 at 08:18 AM.

I never understood the Crazy Smash startup. It's not really that much faster, and launcher normals do respectable damage (for a normal attack).

But yeah, you often use a launcher in the air for better tactical use of the splash damage so you wouldn't get SS anyway, even if you weren't otherwise disqualified for the bonus. Sounds interesting.

Though just like with Gu/Ra, so long as you've got WB loaded, you're going to want SS, even if your other weapon of choice won't often see the bonus. Maybe the trade would be worth it in this case since you'd get that 20% bonus for two weapons instead of 32% on only one.

You could even try Fo/Ra since it apparently works for techs, too...

Can anyone tell me how tool damage is calculated? Is stun grenade and trap damage affected by your level like in psu, or is it a static amount not based on anything but tool mastery? or does it have to do with your r-atk?
    PSO2 - Abaresque 10gu [Female Human]
    HU-28 / RA-34 / FO-30 / BR-34 / FI-8 / TE-49 / GU-54 / BO-44
    Ship 2
    Leader of the ChargeShotBlues

just tested with barehand vs equipped r-attack weapon: it scales off R-ATK
    but really, unless you plan on using separate tree for traps just for kicks you are in for a massive disappointment, stun grenade flies reaaaaaally slowly, slower than nafoie
    P S O W
    (´_ゝ`) current chars: ジョゼフィン / ジョゼフ / リノ | playerid: ponponparapara
    died to SEGAC corporate robots on 05/01/2016, never forget

true...so i'm guessing the damage wont scale very well as I lvl up, and stun grenade lvl probably has no effect on the power. It was doing around 1.4k on average to larger enemies on hard mode when I was maining ranger at lvl 32, and killing weak things like dagans, which isn't very impressive at all. Not sure why they don't just make it a 1 sp skill with 100% stun rate. 10 SP is very steep. I mean I thought sega hashed out the trap scene pretty well in psu when they added in EX traps. why take 3 backflips backwards on that front?
    PSO2 - Abaresque 10gu [Female Human]
    HU-28 / RA-34 / FO-30 / BR-34 / FI-8 / TE-49 / GU-54 / BO-44
    Ship 2
    Leader of the ChargeShotBlues