Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default What do you do and why?

So what do you guys all do for work and why do you do it?

I am a doctor of psychology and human behaviour. I do it because I learnt cold reading and neuro linguistic programming from age 12 by my parents as they are both doctors. My father is a criminal behaviour psychologist and my mother is a psychiatrist, so I guess I was destined to follow in their footsteps. And the fact they taught me from age 12.

I enjoy it as it means interacting with people can be exciting, beneficial or educating. Knowing what to say and how to appeal to them really helps in daily life.

Also I live in Japan.

I am an audio engineer and studio drummer. I move da sliders, press da buttons, plug da plugs, and turn da knobs what makes your music sounds good.

I do it because I've always loved music and wanted to be involved with it all my life from a very early age. I never had big aspirations of being some kind of rock superstar, though I've been in lots of bands in my life, but getting involved with the production side of music helped me understand music in a different way and I honestly find the work fun when the hours aren't murdering my face.

Cold as winter, guns of summer. Point and watch them run.
    Which PSO-W Member Are You?

man that sounds really fucking badass ibaraki, haha.

just moved so i gave up working in a Thai restaurant (i did basically everything, front and back, along with the boss, i was the only other employee). It was a lot of fun and a good experience and im gonna miss the job, so im thinking of trying to find another small restaurant to work in for now.

ideally id like to be able to go back to college and get a 4-year degree in Education instead of the 2-year that I have, but life isn't being kind to me right now and I dont have the money/drive to really be able to do it right now.

oh right, reason i want to be a teacher. always liked the idea of it, but i was a HUGE problem student growing up (attitude-wise, my grades were fine) so i never thought i could. i was even in vo-tech for culinary arts, but my teacher there really changed my life. he always related to me, said he had the same problems when he was a kid, but managed to get over them as an adult and was a teacher. I thought to myself, hey if Reichert was able to do it, why cant I? so I went to college for 2 years and got a degree in education (which ofc is fucking useless if its not a 4 year haha).

there's also just the thought of being able to maybe do for some other kid one day what Reichert did for me. I doubt it, but you never know!
    Last edited by Scrub; Jul 3, 2012 at 09:19 PM.

I don't have a job. Because the economy is horrible. Both questions answered.

The James Franco of PSO2 NoiseHERO's Avatar

I drive...

AYY. All you nillas days is numbered.

Production/process-improvement engineer at a whiskey/bourbon maturing facility. I do it because it kinda dropped on me right out of college, but it's certainly not what I want to be doing for too much longer. Regardless, it's good work experience, and it's holding me over until I can get into some sort of R&D position.

I got into engineering because I like figuring out how things work, and how to make them work better. It's an occupation that can really change the world for the better, I think.

Seems some of you have interesting and challenging jobs!!

In the future i would like to teach art. Something along the lines of being able to express yourself in such a way always made me tingly inside (whoops) Though for now since college is assy.

I am almost the 2nd man/Manager' bitch of the grocery department at the local grocery chain. I suffer endless amounts of pain and despair for about 16$/hr.

"It looks cool this way, let's stop."

Quote Originally Posted by ibaraki_ben View Post
    Seems some of you have interesting and challenging jobs!!
    Sometimes waking up before noon is pretty challenging, yeah.

Even I can tell I'm bored. Come on, 1AM.

I do art/animation for games.

I mainly like doing the whole game pipeline since it's all interested me, so rather than specializing for an industry job I'm working on my own games with a friend at the moment.

I also do graphic/web design. Went to school for it, Associates in Science for Digital Design and an Associates in Art for Fine Arts. Have a couple jobs for that at the moment.

For the game design and art I do it because I enjoy it. Being able to have ideas and be able to build them up into a shareable experience. I feel like there are lots of original concepts that haven't been fully developed before, and it's fun to experiment with game mechanics and how to take the tech and use it to make functional and interesting art styles.

For graphic/web design it can be fun. But more than anything it's just a job that I'm good at that makes money.