Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by doomdragon83 View Post
    If a person is in the middle of a mission, then an auto-kick isn't needed at all, it'll be counter productive if anything. Of course if the person is in a party with others, then the leader needs to get rid of him if necessary, worst case scenario is if the afker is the leader.

If a person is in the lobby? They need to get booted out after a period of inactivity.
    To add to that, if they are AFK during any of the continuous animations like dancing, kick period should be 3 minutes at the very-very most.

Quote Originally Posted by doomdragon83 View Post
    If a person is in the middle of a mission, then an auto-kick isn't needed at all, it'll be counter productive if anything. Of course if the person is in a party with others, then the leader needs to get rid of him if necessary, worst case scenario is if the afker is the leader.

If a person is in the lobby? They need to get booted out after a period of inactivity.
    Isn't that a bit rude though? I mean, the person said "be right back" and since they were currently in a mission I would assume they would want to do the mission and not just hang out in a lobby.

Of course if someone else was waiting in line and that person was afk for a long time (sadly) I can see the idea behind kicking them and just have them play in the next mission or something.

It's still funny how people are trying to run a Japanese beta.
    PSO2 Character Info -
    IGN: JenTy
    Ship: 02
    Block: 20

Quote Originally Posted by Sp-24 View Post
    To add to that, if they are AFK during any of the continuous animations like dancing, kick period should be 3 minutes at the very-very most.
    what?!? but but... it takes about 6 minutes for my mag to get hungry, and I am usually dancing there but feeding my mag while doing other things :<

also, i have spent three hours doing nothing but staring at my character while it dances ... completely forgetting to feed my mag (while talking on skype with friends doing the same thing), this happens about 2:00AM EST because we are all too tired to do anything but don't want to log off... so we go to sleep at 5... though this is usually in MY ROOM (dart board too good)
    Last edited by moeri; Jun 30, 2012 at 12:27 PM.

/dances

I'm at fault, I'm one of those party leaders that'll afk in a shuttle, or afk in the field with a group of people, especially when I'm multi-partying. Between missions I'm known to pause and stop. Because I work at home, I sometimes get jobs and need to complete them, so my availability shifts on the fly.

Many of the suggestions in the thread are all but punishing. Go back to what PSO had, if you really want it, have it, so players can honestly set when they d/c for inactivity, have their own clients setup for that.

It worked for me, in BB when I was inactive for an hour it would drop me, especially if I was mag feeding.

If you also make note, those people int he lobby prob aren't afk. (As I just mentioned mag feeding. ) I'm sitting in the lobby for just those silly reasons, shoving guns down my mags throat ever since my last multi-party.
    NekoMir (Level 30 Ramarl ) [PSO2/Ship 2/Block-21]

Yeah some of the people are just there to socialize and talk.

Although at times you go up to dance to someone dancing and they don't talk (when you do)

Quote Originally Posted by Ranmaru View Post
    Yeah some of the people are just there to socialize and talk.

Although at times you go up to dance to someone dancing and they don't talk (when you do)
    Well, socializing and talking is fine. I think the main issue here is that these people are taking up slots in Block 20 that could otherwise be used by someone who would like to actually party up with others and progress through the game, instead of run one mission for every 3-4 hours of dick-around time.

Well, the measures suggested here are not the only things that are punishing - block that you want to join being full of AFKers and idle mag feeders and the massive lobby lag generated by them don't help anybody, either. And I said, "either", when kick would actually help some people. My bad.

umm... what's wrong with blk 21 and 22? i understand the auto-kick thing some of you say, but your all too strict, have the aurto-kick kick after 90 minutes or so, it might seem like a long time, but you'd be surprised how effective that would be, 3 - 20 minutes is not right. if anything, i would like to see a block expansion/merge, instead of 50 odd blks with max pops, merge them and double the capacity+^_^+