Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

I already did that. I made an entire big production song, put right here on this site called Forces of Nature using over 30 real-mixed-with electronic instruments. I channeled some styles from the original PSO in it, and yes, they do just that. Note, one of the main little style choices in PSO is to enter a minor 7th chord and open out to a close-by major 7th chord. How a melodic movement rides over those chords is another factor to consider as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Akaimizu View Post
    I already did that. I made an entire big production song, put right here on this site called Forces of Nature using over 30 real-mixed-with electronic instruments. I channeled some styles from the original PSO in it, and yes, they do just that. Note, one of the main little style choices in PSO is to enter a minor 7th chord and open out to a close-by major 7th chord. How a melodic movement rides over those chords is another factor to consider as well.
    Link?

I'll have to upload it when I come back. I'm on vacation right now and my old link expired. Once I get it up to sound forge, I'll post and update the link.

The City OST is by far my favourite, i also really like the the Nab forest and vol dragon boss theme. I cant remember the caves OST, too bland and wont stick. but for some reason i really dont like the PSO2s Quest clear music. much prefered the one from PSzero.i hope the new themes feel as polished and thought through as the city theme which ive been in love with since the 1st pso2 trailer

Aussie RAcast Battler

Akaimizu I'm interested in that link too.

I really miss a lot of PSO's music, but not all of it. PSO2 has the same kind of mix for me and I'm pleased that PSO2's style channels the original so well, but PSO1 is definitely my favourite for BGM. The new Forest is very good but the old Forest was just amazing. I have loved from day 1 how it managed to combine the feel of nature and sci-fi, safety and unknown danger, into the same tune.

PSO2's music is more frantic, like the game is. However the block/lobby music is quite unexciting, obviously to avoid frustrating those who spend a lot of time there, but I feel like the old Pioneer 2 music would be such an awesome and much better fit for it.

I wonder if at some point we'll be able to mod the client's music, even the transitions, like we eventually were able to do with PSO.

I think PSO2's music is garbage -.- it literally sounds like generic elevator music :/

I tried to get used to it, saying "Maybe itll grow on me like PSO's music back in the day did!"

but NOOOOPE, I STILL HATE IT D: kinda ruins the game in a way but meh what are you gonna do :/

I enjoy the City theme and Lillipa Desert's battle theme. The latter sounds pretty cool as you fight robots in a desert. The opening music where you're selecting a ship is pretty sweet, too. But I agree with others that it is not as memorable as PSO.

If they ever introduce a lab/seabed type area, I hope to God they remix this track. It just epitomizes the richness and excitement of playing PSO.

The BGM for volcano should be burning rangers. Actually, burning rangers should be the BGM for every area!

Quote Originally Posted by risbolla View Post
    The BGM for volcano should be burning rangers. Actually, burning rangers should be the BGM for every area!
    agreed, burning rangers or mute.

The music doesn't do anything for me. I muted the pso BGM and I play my own music in the background (which includes burning rangers). When I head to a new environment I turn it back on, but after hearing it once or twice I mute it again.

Quote Originally Posted by Danisaur View Post
    I think PSO2's music is garbage -.- it literally sounds like generic elevator music :/

I tried to get used to it, saying "Maybe itll grow on me like PSO's music back in the day did!"

but NOOOOPE, I STILL HATE IT D: kinda ruins the game in a way but meh what are you gonna do :/
    GNERIC ELEVATOR MUSIC FOR THE WIN. imso so on the music front, if it really starts to annoy me, open the volume mixer, Slide that PSO2 beast down to 0 and blast my own "Elevator music" some people might say it ruens the experence, but i've got a pretty good battle mix sorted sinse my first phantasy Star adventure