Page 1 of 10 1234 ... LastLast

Default The music in this game so far

Tracks for me are strangely reminiscent of PSO1 in that the forest tracks of both games are equally two of the most atmospheric, whereas the tracks of the areas that follow (caves/volcano) fall flat and generic. Maybe it's just me though

I like how the actually used the leit motifs from PSO1 forest and caves... during the fights there's a few seconds of the original songs in there .

Two songs I miss:
    I miss Pioneer 2's song. Even though Pioneer 2 was tiny, that song made it seem huge and badass. For me the current town song is a bit ambient, and doesn't make a huge impact.

I also miss the PSO lobby song. During the closed beta I had it playing on my jukebox for MyRoom!

For some reason the city music is my favorite.
    #1 International MAG+ TA Champion in PSU. Co-Founder of Royalz

Quote Originally Posted by Brus View Post
    I like how the actually used the leit motifs from PSO1 forest and caves... during the fights there's a few seconds of the original songs in there .

Two songs I miss:
    I miss Pioneer 2's song. Even though Pioneer 2 was tiny, that song made it seem huge and badass. For me the current town song is a bit ambient, and doesn't make a huge impact.

I also miss the PSO lobby song. During the closed beta I had it playing on my jukebox for MyRoom!
    I miss Pioneer 2's song as well. Ooooh the shopping district song at the time was also a killer for me, couldn't get enough of it. And I agree, the current town song isn't bad, but not exactly mind blowing either.

The tributes to PSO1 tracks hidden in current ones is also a very thoughtful touch. I found myself chuckling despite myself

Quote Originally Posted by DreXxiN View Post
    I'm usually too busy demolishing mobs in the city to really hear the music over the clamor lol... will take more note next time XD

I feel that the soundtrack is well done; some aspects really nail the nostalgia down hard. Anyone would be hard-pressed to top the soundtrack of PSO1 though. I feel it is one of the best soundtracks in gaming history. I could listen to the character select theme and the Ruins 2 theme for days.

Nostalgia solution: http://www.youtuberepeat.com/watch?v...=relmfu&loop=1

Find desired track from PSO1 on youtube, type "repeat" directly after "youtube" in the URL, turn down in-game music, and voila--instant nostalgia.
    PSO2: Necron - Ship 2, Block 20-23

Quote Originally Posted by pepsicon View Post
    I'm usually too busy demolishing mobs in the city to really hear the music over the clamor lol... will take more note next time XD
    Turning your BGM up in the menu to match all the other volume levels help :P
    #1 International MAG+ TA Champion in PSU. Co-Founder of Royalz

Thumbs down

It sounds a bit lifeless, slightly generic, and like loud, ostentatious fluff to me - a bit like PSU's actually. Though, I did end up liking tracks in PSU. It's just not memorable. But anyway, it was a bittersweet feeling to hear those inserts from the older game. It would be nice to hear genuinely funky (not the genre), soulful and sometimes ambient tracks like in PSO without so much reverence.

I have to turn the BGM down now to play my own tracks or keep it silent to not get a headache.

In my opinion, the PSO2 OST has managed to be like the first: A legit futuristic sound and not using an easy out by making an electro house/trance sound (not bashing on it since that's pretty much what I listen to almost all the time), the boss music are decently fast pace to the point it can still blend with the game's pace and doesn't sound too over-the-top, and oh course atmospheric in all areas. I also love how they sample bits and pieces of PSO1's OST for different stages such as the Forest and Caves.

My only issue with PSO2's OST is so far, none of them are memorable to me with the exception of the opening cinematic (as expected). The Forest/Caves sounds memorable because of their sampling of PSO1's stages. Its not exactly a bad thing, but its easy to do. Its harder to make a memorable song that blends with the game 100%. Although because of the futuristic atmospheric sound, I'd still buy/import this CD in a heartbeat as I did with PSO1. $75 + shipping.
    "If you set a course for the moon and merely found the stars, then you will miss that which you have set forth."
    -Kevin Finn as Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by DreXxiN View Post
    I totally agree.