Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by ~Inu~ View Post
    Out of curiosity, does the autoword for finding a rare work only when you pick up the rare?
    I never tried it, and would love if it worked if a red item appeared anywhere on my game just incase I miss the sound effect.
    That's one autoword i'd enjoy during a cross burst, heh.

From what I understand it's only when you LOOT the rare.
    I had it, and it happened as soon as the rare dropped on the screen.

Quote Originally Posted by Peejay View Post
    I had it, and it happened as soon as the rare dropped on the screen.
    Really? I heard otherwise, now i'll have to test it out.
    Thanks for piping my curiosity.

Green Coloured Reflection LinkKD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Razelis View Post
    lol. i probably annoyed millions of people by now ( ' - ' ;
    all my auto words are with cut ins XD

Edit- like someone suggested, if there was an option to not show the cut-in 100% of the time (as in sometimes show just text) i'd use that XO

But until then im not giving up on cut ins, sorry XO;
    did anyone read my post?... ;/ Sigh.

saying it again, THERE IS.

How to enjoy MMOs: Less Numbers, More People

Link KD @Deviantart / @Youtube / MY YOUMU VIDEO, WATCH IT !1!

No there isn't. The only two options is to turn off your OWN character's Autowords and the other is to stop them from appearing in your log.

The later while it helps them not clutter up your log, it still doesn't stop obnoxious use of Autowords.

Green Coloured Reflection LinkKD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vashyron View Post
    No there isn't. The only two options is to turn off your OWN character's Autowords and the other is to stop them from appearing in your log.

The later while it helps them not clutter up your log, it still doesn't stop obnoxious use of Autowords.
    This is true, I was wrong on that part

howerver, what I just said is THERE IS a way to make your autowords not have cut-ins 100% of the time or to not activate 100% of the time

By pressing the little "+" next to the auto-word you can get 3 possible texts for the same trigger

How to enjoy MMOs: Less Numbers, More People

Link KD @Deviantart / @Youtube / MY YOUMU VIDEO, WATCH IT !1!

Yo' phrases better be worth the cut-in

死にてぇ奴だけ, かかってこい!! TetsuyaHikari's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Peejay View Post
    If everyone is confrontational to you, it should be obvious that you are doing something horribly wrong, offensive, or annoying.

You getting mad because you made other people mad accomplishes nothing, and from the sounds of it, you had pretty high-frequency with cut-ins all the time. I don't think you're from Speed Racer, so that's really not funny at all.

This is what I'm seeing, and apparently what others have seen. I don't even know who the other person is, but I think I'd be more okay with him since if he needs help, I can look at the map to find him. And, if he has the idea he's gonna be a leader, I'll either squash it and go with him.

Your attitude has soured my taste for... well, a lot of the game in a few short pages.
    Everyone isn't confrontational to me. It's just that, I opened this thread thinking that we could have a civilized discussion about autowords after this guy left a bad taste in my mouth concerning them and most of what I've gotten in return is some guys slinging mud at me rather than explaining how they feel about autowords. This is about autowords, not me.

Take me out of the equation here. Generally speaking, how do you feel about them? Also, I seriously doubt I have managed to "sour" your taste for the game with this thread. If that's true, then your respect for the game must have not been all that high to begin with and bear in mind, the only reason I'm getting defensive with you right now is, once again... you're proving to be like some of the others in this thread and are slinging mud at me.

For every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction. You can't expect to say stuff like that, thinking I'm to blame for that "sour taste" in your mouth, and not receive a retort in return. I explained a fairly simple situation that occurred in my first post, asked how you guys feel about autowords, and suddenly we have gotten off-topic and it has become more about me rather than the topic at-hand.

So, in the future, let us please try to stay on topic. I really believe we all have a lot to learn from this thread in regards to this particular feature. As for me... like I said in one of my previous posts, I'm probably just going to leave the cut-ins for a handful of events, but mostly important ones (level up, rare, finish quest, that sort of thing). The rest will be kept as text.

Now that I realize how much the cut-ins are actually affecting some people, especially by blocking the screen during a crucial moment, I'll re-think how to approach this. Now, if you have anything you'd like to say to me personally, use the PM system and I'll be more than happy to discuss the matter with you. However, if this continues to spiral into a flame war from people using personal attacks rather than discussing what should be discussed, then I will request for the thread to be locked.

Thank you for your understanding.
    Last edited by TetsuyaHikari; Jul 2, 2012 at 02:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TetsuyaHikari View Post
    Everyone isn't confrontational to me. It's just that, I opened this thread thinking that we could have a civilized discussion about autowords after this guy left a bad taste in my mouth concerning them and most of what I've gotten in return is some guys slinging mud at me rather than explaining how they feel about autowords. This is about autowords, not me.

Take me out of the equation here. Generally speaking, how do you feel about them? Also, I seriously doubt I have managed to "sour" your taste for the game with this thread. If that's true, then your respect for the game must have not been all that high to begin with and bear in mind, the only reason I'm getting defensive with you right now is, once again... you're proving to be like some of the others in this thread and are slinging mud at me.

For every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction. You can't expect to say stuff like that, thinking I'm to blame for that "sour taste" in your mouth, and not receive a retort in return. I explained a fairly simple situation that occurred in my first post, asked how you guys feel about autowords, and suddenly we have gotten off-topic and it has become more about me rather than the topic at-hand.

So, in the future, let us please try to stay on topic. I really believe we all have a lot to learn from this thread in regards to this particular feature. As for me... like I said in one of my previous posts, I'm probably just going to leave the cut-ins for a handful of events, but mostly important ones (level up, rare, finish quest, that sort of thing). The rest will be kept as text.

Now that I realize how much the cut-ins are actually affecting some people, especially by blocking the screen during a crucial moment, I'll re-think how to approach this. Now, if you have anything you'd like to say to me personally, use the PM system and I'll be more than glad to discuss the matter with you. However, if this continues to spiral into a flame war from people using personal attacks rather than discussing what should be discussed, then I will request for the thread to be locked.

Thank you for your understanding.
    It doesn't really bother me at all. It can be annoying when people have silly comments that don't make sense or are offensive, but other than that, I can ignore them.

Don't worry about that guy who raged at you for your autowords. If he doesn't like it, then he can leave your party.

I personally thought it would be annoying if someone used those cutscene faces for autowords, or for ones that happen frequently, so I didn't. I only used autowords for things that I felt need to be said or would help, and even then, I only used a face cut-in for DEATH.

So yes, I personally believe it would be quite annoying if I ran into someone that was using them frequently with autowords.

Quote Originally Posted by TetsuyaHikari View Post
    You can't just ask nicely or explain to me in a way that doesn't sound like you're looking down at me? .
    If I asked you nicely in game to turn them off, you would tell me to stop complaining because its part of the game that you have the right to use.
    Like you said in your first post...

I dont care if you have obnoxious cut ins every time you battle, there is so much shit on the screen some times its not like you can see what you're doing.

What every one SHOULD do is copy paste all the same auto words so when a 12p multiparty area is in full swing the chat combines and goes REALLY HUGE