Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Mags & stat requirements

i'm kinda confused about how mags can help with stats requirements. does the 3 parameters on top that raises each time you feed the little guy a weapon is the parameters in question that helps equip requirements?

say, i am a human hunter, and i want to equip those cool ranger wing-like back unit and some endgame gunblades, do i need to feed my mag guns? because i notice that as a hunter, my gun-related skills (which i need to equip gunblades) is rather low, compared to my melee skills.

thanks in advance.

p.s. sorry if this has been answered before, because i certainly didn't see it.

Every level in a certain stat area on your mag is equal to one point for your own stats.Which you can use this to your advantage to equip better equipment.
    Example: This sword is 30 striking points but I only have 20.I add 10 level's of striking into my mag so I can wear the sword.

oh, soit is the 3 parameters on top? so if i want to equip ranger gears i should feed guns to my mag? guess i should just forget it then, as a hunter, i rarely see any gun drops from anywhere.

and what about gunblade hunters? can they equip the entire gunblade lineup, or are they limited to certain gunblades? because high-end gunblades look awesome, the ranger armors too, sucks if i can't equip them due to limitations.

as a hunter, i mainly use gunblades, but i do use their slashes more often than their shot, so i feed my mag swords to raise its striking stat.

thanks for the reply.

Quote Originally Posted by origami21 View Post
    oh, soit is the 3 parameters on top? so if i want to equip ranger gears i should feed guns to my mag? guess i should just forget it then, as a hunter, i rarely see any gun drops from anywhere.

and what about gunblade hunters? can they equip the entire gunblade lineup, or are they limited to certain gunblades? because high-end gunblades look awesome, the ranger armors too, sucks if i can't equip them due to limitations.

as a hunter, i mainly use gunblades, but i do use their slashes more often than their shot, so i feed my mag swords to raise its striking stat.

thanks for the reply.
    NOW NOW HOLD ON THERE.

You could, in fact, buy guns from npcs and feed it that way. That's how I got my mag to level 30 in a day while semi Afking. XD

well, yeah, but that'd be expensive. and maybe even tedious. and it's like, 1 pt per 1 level, right? that's a lot of guns..

does anyone know, at level 30 hunter, how big is the ranged skill? i want to know whether i can equip the endgame gunblades or not.

thanks again.

Most gunblades require the Ability stat, which is the 4th stat that goes up when you feed your mag any weapon. Some other gunblades require really high striking power instead. You're better off not caring about ranged attack

To equip ranger armor units, you need to level up the 5th stat, which is easiest to raise by feeding it arm units

Quote Originally Posted by GoldenFalcon View Post
    Most gunblades require the Ability stat, which is the 4th stat that goes up when you feed your mag any weapon. Some other gunblades require really high striking power instead. You're better off not caring about ranged attack

To equip ranger armor units, you need to level up the 5th stat, which is easiest to raise by feeding it arm units

wait wait wait, so the first 3 are NOT the ones that affects requirements? as i understand they are attack powers, so i thought the last 3 (the ones after the ability) are defenses.

so actually, the ones affecting the requirements are the last 3 (which are raised by armors) instead? and what is the "ability" stat you mentioned (the one that raise a bit for every weapons and armor eaten, IIRC)?

so the mag stats are:

strike ATP
    range ATP
    tech ATP
    ability (what's this?)
    strike requirement (not def?)
    range requirement (not def?)
    tech requirement (not def?)

I messed up my counting since I'm silly

Ranged defense is the 6th stat on the mag. Top 3 are for weapons, bottom 3 are for armors

No, the three last are indeed all defenses.

The thing is, all of the attacks are used as requirements for different weapons, and all the defenses are used as requirements for different units.

i see. so weapons require ATP, while armors require defense? so if i am a hunter, and i want to equip ranged armor i should increase ranged def ( the 6th), instead of ranged ATP (the 2nd), right?

and what was the "ability" thing you mentioned earlier? after some searches, i found no hard answer, but a blogspot noted that it tightens one's damage range, or something, and probably some skill multiplier.