死にてぇ奴だけ, かかってこい!! TetsuyaHikari's Avatar

Exclamation Having PS3 controller issues

Okay, so when I first downloaded this, I was having some issues trying to get my PS3 controller to work with it. However, after about an hour of messing around with the MotioninJoy program and XPadder, I finally got it set up properly.

That's been going rather smoothly actually. I'm having a lot more fun with it this way (mainly cause I'm not used to playing PC games, so my skill with keyboard + mouse sucks, lol). Well, I decided I would create another account to start a new character. So, before I start up PSO2, I plug in my controller and do what I always do before signing on.

After signing on, I create the new character, but realize shortly after that my controls are... once again, screwed. Now, I know what you're thinking. "Obviously. You have to go change them in the options". Well, I tried that.

I set it all the way I have it on my main account, but it's just not working right. Everything works fine except for the fact that I can't use my left analog to move. My right analog controls the camera and movement.

Not only that, but it only registers up-left and down-right inputs, despite the fact that... if I alt+tab to check XPadder, all of the inputs read as they should for the analogs. Everything is registering properly. So why is it that I can't use the same controller profile I have for Motioninjoy and XPadder for this game, even though I'm just on a separate account?

As soon as I finished, I went back to the title, signed onto my main account and everything was working just as it was last time I signed on, perfectly normal. Soooo... could someone please tell me why I'm suddenly having controller issues again with this new account?

EDIT: I don't know why I thought this was a subforum for the PSO2 section. Derp. This is a problem related to PSO2 (I knew I should have added that suffix ><)

EDIT2: Here is the first suggestion I got from someone:

"when it shows you analog movement first use the left analog to move up and accept and then use the same stick to move left and accept, Now this is important it will once again let you move up and left but this time use the right stick and accept now your left stick should move and right control camera"

Well, I just tried that but it's still not working properly. All it did was make the whole right analog for movement and camera now instead of just up-left and down-right. Also, I noticed that for whatever reason, it has my L2 and R2 listed as analog as well. If I push either of them, the little dot will move during Analog Mode.

In the button config after Analog Mode, everything has a button assigned to it except for L2 and R2. Those are greyed out and read, "Analog".

EDIT3: I have copied every single option setting from my main account to this one and it still isn't working like it should. I don't understand this at all. How I can be playing properly on the controller with my main account, but when I log out and switch to my alt, the controller forgets what its doing?
    Last edited by TetsuyaHikari; Jul 2, 2012 at 01:52 AM. Reason: More information

死にてぇ奴だけ, かかってこい!! TetsuyaHikari's Avatar

Okay, good news. I got it working again. I just uninstalled the drivers, re-installed them, then adjusted my settings in Motioninjoy and XPadder the way I had them before and everything is now operational under both accounts. I've never seen anything quite like that before though, that was certainly odd.

If a mod sees this, would you please lock the thread? It's no longer needed. Thanks!

Just some side advice,
    I use motion joy as well (so I dont have to buy a gamepad BD) but if you set the controller as an Xbox 360 controller instead of a ps3 one it'll give you less problems regarding the two analog stick. Also alot of mmo's seem to only support xbox 360 controllers for some reason. If it works fine now then I wouldnt mess with it to much but If you have problems with MotionJoy in the future, take my advice into consideration.