Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Blackheart521 View Post
    The Vita Version is going to be a free download, so it won't cost you anything and hence will be worth it
    I figured, but i meant that Im already lv 30, im good as far as my wep to Lv ratio and I dont wanna waste the memory on my vita since my computer already has it XP. Offline mode would make it worth it because id be able to play long after the servers go doen but atm, no real reason to get it unless i did not have the game already.

Credit to MissMalice for the sig.
    Hunter: 65 Fighter: 65
    Retired Classes: Ranger: 40 Gunner: 40
    Force: 40 Techer: 40
    0 on everything else.

Quote Originally Posted by gravityvx View Post
    It is the dumbest idea I have ever come across for a f2p game. Doesn't help anyone, won't stop rmt at all. Having to pay for personal shops was enough, trading is just overboard. I really don't see how anyone can sit there & try to justify paying money to use a feature that every game related to this should have as a basic function, that being trading. I do not care if it's free, as I would have paid full price for a fully functioning game. Don't get me wrong, I love the game but I wouldn't pretend all their business decisions are sunshine & rainbows. Just because the game is free doesn't magically make all of their decisions good, as with any game different people have different opinions.

I'm perfectly fine with all their cash grab schemes besides the trade, they just shouldn't cripple all players like that. By doing so, they pretty much isolate everyone that doesn't pay for trading of all things, to only themselves. Making the game feel more like a damn single player with a chat box. And let's be honest here, removing trade as a paid feature is not going to suddenly crumble their cash flow as some people seem to be trying to point out for some odd reason. They would still make ridiculous profit from the scratch, exp boosts etc.
    I keep on seeing people say how this won't combat RMT, and I'm not seeing any explanation on why that is.

As far as I understand.
    In order for RMT to flourish, they need to be able ot make a profit, and have "rare" that is worth to trade with other people.
    Thus first they need a large player base, a system that enable them to acquire Rare easily, etc.

In PSO2, Map are randomized, with obstacle and Code Mission, making "bot" harder to utilize.
    And Rare drop or Mesta isn't exactly that hard to acquire, so Player will sell items, and weapons and Unit price can change relativly quickly, depending on how many people are selling the drops, as we saw in OB, with the quick price drop of Card and Gunslash, as the market become saturated with them.

The only thing that RMT might be using would be AC Scratch prize?
    But not all of them can be traded...

I'll miss the social aspect of trading, but I'll take the little bit of extra meseta from liquidating all those useless items.

You know what it takes a botter to collect all meseta from his farming accounts? A shop with overpriced monomates on his mother account.

Win a 3 day shop ticket from FUN scratch, save up all your rares, then sell it all in 1 go =)

Monster Hunter

I think the no trading, no extra mags is a really good idea.

I do think you should be able to drop random items on the ground. Maybe nothing above 4 stars.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazzi View Post
    Think of it this way, if you could trade for free then you wouldn't need to use the My Shop feature. You could just put up a trade thread somewhere and trade for meseta. This is one way SEGA's are making sure they can turn a profit from the shop feature, even though admittedly I dislike not being able to trade.
    Except then you have to spam constantly across EVERY block, you cannot play the actual game, and you can't log out or afk and still advertise. Plus you have to find the player and trade with them. As for a trade forum, less people would sign up for it and actively look for trades there than in game.

So there is a lot of draw to the personal shop feature. It's like saying "trading avoids the 5% listing fee, so nobody will use the shop feature."

Trading should either be free, or a permanent license. And you should be able to give items to second class citizens. And everything should be droppable inside instances.

Trading being a premium is pretty annoying, but I can deal.

Not being able to drop things is annoying but makes sense with how drops are individual now.

Rares getting account bound to you if you want to play with them rustles my jimmies though. That could stand to be changed in some way.

Quote Originally Posted by Sizustar View Post
    I keep on seeing people say how this won't combat RMT, and I'm not seeing any explanation on why that is.

As far as I understand.
    In order for RMT to flourish, they need to be able ot make a profit, and have "rare" that is worth to trade with other people.
    Thus first they need a large player base, a system that enable them to acquire Rare easily, etc.

In PSO2, Map are randomized, with obstacle and Code Mission, making "bot" harder to utilize.
    And Rare drop or Mesta isn't exactly that hard to acquire, so Player will sell items, and weapons and Unit price can change relativly quickly, depending on how many people are selling the drops, as we saw in OB, with the quick price drop of Card and Gunslash, as the market become saturated with them.

The only thing that RMT might be using would be AC Scratch prize?
    But not all of them can be traded...
    RMT always go to great lengths to get established in mmos, especially f2p.

More likely than not, they get passes to establish a presence on the market, because the cost of that is far less than that of the amount of profit they will make. After they get a hold on it, prices will start to inflate (as if this wasn't already about to happen with or without them) because of the large amount of meseta people will be having due the gold buying and the fact that shops are premium and only a select few will have them. This isn't usually the case on p2p games, but almost always the case on f2p games. This honestly never bothers me, as I said I only care about the fact that I can't trade. But you wanted an explanation to RMT so I gave you one.

Like I said, RMT always find their way into games like these no matter how much you don't want them around, they will always get in and do their thing. Even if this isn't the method they go about handling segas tactic you can rest assured they'll find a way.

Quote Originally Posted by Malevolent215 View Post
    The difference is that prices would never be that high. Why? Because no one would pay that, so Sega would not make a Profit.

I have already showed the math in another topic, but again here it is....

A P2P game- $60+(15x12)=$240 for a year of play

PSO2 System- ($16.30x12)+$45= $240 for a year of Premium + $45 for Extra Chars/Mags and other stuff.

THE BIGGEST DIFFERENCE IS THAT YOU HAVE A CHOICE!!! You can go every other month on the premium and save money!!

It really is a Balanced price system,yes you can go nuts and spend way more than you need too, but you can also be more precise and save money.

Last but not least, these are current prices.... there could always be better packages and deals in the future.
    I know I do have a choice and I'll probably get the premium package happily for all the features it has, but you're still not getting my point. The deal would still be balanced if trade was free. It worked pretty well for PSU and I bet they made a crapload of money with only the GC gacha in that game.

According to your statement then for you it doesn't matter what feature is turned into a premium-only feature. I don't see it that way. Because then they're practically forcing me to buy the premium package, as I said, I consider trading as essential in this game as walking, chatting or attacking, and hey, you would also have the freedom to pay or not if the game didn't allow you to do any of these features, but for me that wouldn't be too honest business because the game would lose much flavor without it. Is like if you went to a car shop and they gave you a car for free but you had to pay the motor. I'm not saying that it isn't a good deal, I'm saying that that is not "free" at all.

I don't like that only feature of the game, so I don't see why all the fuss over it. Do you want me to accept that this shit is real and I gotta live with it? I already do, but I don't need to like it. You're trying to imply that I want the game to be everything free and that it'd be unfair for SEGA, but that's not the thing. I agree with most of the premium content. They won't lose a customer with me. But I won't pay premium just for trades when I won't have any use for the rest of the features, I'd as well wait for when I need them too, they're not going to earn any money from me (and I highly dount that from many people) JUST BECAUSE of the trade restriction. I see it just as a hindrance to the game.