Page 53 of 73 FirstFirst ... 3435051525354555663 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Spellbinder View Post
    First evolve it into Lepus at 30. (Tech Mag)

T-ATK 16, Ability 14

Next evolve it into Antlia at 35. (Ability Mag)

T-ATK 17, Ability 18

Next (the hard part) every 5 levels, raise T-ATK and Ability at the same time, making it skip evolutions until level 96.

T-ATK 66, Ability 30

Proceed to raise T-ATK until 100

T-ATK 70, Ability 30

And what I mean by raising both every 5 levels is, for example, let's say the mag is at level 39.

T-ATK 21, Ability 18

If I raise T-ATK and Ability a level at the same time, it will skip to 41 and not evolve. Repeat this every 5 levels until you're locked in past 95.
    Ha ha ha! I have my next mag's project. Thanks for this, awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Zipzo View Post
    Okay, I can see how that's what he might have meant.

And yea, I have the same confusion with the 70/30 recommendation.

That seems like an awfully complicated method, considering I have not seen an item that raises both by the exact same amount...
    You can't raise them by the exact same amount together. It's just a matter of juggling force weapons, disks, and trimates (at least those are the items I'm using).

I planned it out with a mag calculator, so I'm just following my list of items until it reaches 100.

Oh wow, that just opened like a whole new view of feeding mags to me... but seems a bit too advanced for me to plan.

Right now, I need help on feeding my Fornax into a Cygnus. I have 37 s-atk, 40 r-atk, and 12 ability. I needa raise my s-atk without raising my r-atk past 2 levels and can't raise my ability. What to feed? Isnt there a method where feeding hunter weapons + a certain mate cancel each other out so that it only gains s-atk and nothing else?

edit: found my answer is Banjo's guide.
    Last edited by NekoXiu; Jul 20, 2012 at 07:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Spellbinder View Post
    You can't raise them by the exact same amount together. It's just a matter of juggling force weapons, disks, and trimates (at least those are the items I'm using).

I planned it out with a mag calculator, so I'm just following my list of items until it reaches 100.
    Does it have to have 30 ABI, or could that go lower? Also, can you post a link to that calculator? It seems I didn't bookmark it when I last saw it.

I just bought some 4 star room items from the room shop to help me keep ability down and striking up. But now I need to clarify the question thats been roaming the past few pages.

CAN A MAG CHANGE AT LV95?

Right now, my Fornax is lvl 93 and I need it to change back to a Lyra at 95, will it happen? Or will it be locked as Fornax the moment it hits 95 even if my striking is higher than shooting?

Quote Originally Posted by Banjotron View Post
    Cygnus, huh?

I'd scrap mates in your strategy. Monomates and dimates are not the best or fastest way for you to do this. Let me give you a simpler plan. First off, use your eyes and watch your meters and adjust what I say as necessary. That said, three items for you:

Striking weapons and ranged weapons that you find will be your primary means of raising satk and ratk. As you've outlined before, you need a way to lower ability. Instead of mates, I think you should buy 5* furniture items. These are 400 meseta a pop. They will raise your ratk by a decent amount and lower ability by a large amount. Basically, use striking weaps to raise satk as necessary. Then use whatever mix of ranged weaps and 5* room items you need to keep ratk up and ability down.

If I knew what * of weapon you were primarily consuming, I'd give you a good proportion. I don't know, so I'll give you a very rough and probably inaccurate estimate. You'll probably end up with a diet of something like 40% striking weaps, 30% ranged weapons, and 30% 5* room items.

29 is the lowest possible ability. You need to start with Antlia, so you'd evolve into that at the lowest possible level, which is 30. So your starting point is 16 ability, 14 tech. However, remember that you're using the two stat raise trick to skip evolution, and you have to double level at 34, 39, 44, 49, 54, 59, 64, 69, 74, 79, 84, 89, and 94. That's 13 levels, and at each of those levels, you need to gain 1 ability and 1 tech (assuming those are your two most valuable stats). 16 + 13 is 29. So you'd end up with 29 points into ability and all the rest would be tech. For a sufficiently high-level players, this actually wouldn't be overwhelmingly difficult. High * force weapons give a lot of t-atk and a fair amount of ability.
    My current intention is to do this with S-ATK and ABI instead of T-ATK. My thoughts are (S-ATK/ABI)
    30: 16/14 -> turn into lyra to get HP J
    33: 17/18 -> turn into antlia
    Tack on the minimum of 13 ABI and this would indeed result in 69/31.

Anyone got that mag calculator so I can hammer out the exact plan before I begin?

edit: Nevermind, a search found it. http://file.pso2pso2.syoyu.net/pso2magu
    edit2: also this http://file.pso2pso2.syoyu.net/pso2maguEnglish
    edit3: Waaaait, this must be a different one. I don't see anything about level progress on this one.
    Last edited by gigawuts; Jul 20, 2012 at 10:36 PM.

Oh good, yeah that'd be right. Excellent.

If nobody has a calculator that works out items fed I can just get working on some barely functional piece of crap in a spreadsheet. It seems at some point I fed my mag a weapon, so welp.

Also Banjo, I'm pretty sure your thread has an error with feeding amounts. At level zero it most definitely does not need 30 food points to level up, estimating by this it needs only 6 food points. If there isn't a calculator I'll try to measure it out for you.

edit: Man I can't get a straight thought on this written down tonight, too much conflicting information going on everywhere.

Here's the calculator with items.

http://merriesp.web.fc2.com/magud.html

That mag calculator is cool as heck.

It's too bad that 70/30 thing looks like a nightmare with anything but Ability.

Ship02 RA40 - Artemis (Jey)

I got a question. I want an Apus for which I require an Antlia. But since Antlia has Julius Proi, does that mean that once it becomes an Apus the PB will change to a Julius Nifta? My original intention to have Apus was for Julius Nifta but I am a bit confused.

Also, can someone explain to me how exactly you get an Apus? I read the whole thing but I don't understand the Apus route in particular, sorry.

From my understanding, it needs to reach level 95 as an Antlia. Which means that Ability must be higher than T-atk? Say, 48 Ability and 47 T-atk? And then the last 5 levels I will make T-atk higher than its Ability and it evolves into Apus with Julius Nifta at level 100?