Pink Haired Gothic Lolita Arislan's Avatar

Default Theatrhythm Final Fantasy

Anyone else pick up the game at all? Managed to track down a copy and I'm really enjoying it. I'm a bit of a rhythm game person so a game that combines the nostalgia of old FFs and solid gameplay styles got me right away.

Pros
    + At least 5 songs from each Final Fantasy from 1 to 13
    + Characters from each Final Fantasy to use in your party
    + Deep leveling system, similar to Dissidia's
    + DLC availability for future game expansion (And cheap! 99 cents a song!)

Cons
    - Production values of the FMVs start slipping around FF6. By FF9 the FMVs feel like those lame movies that run behind karaoke songs
    - Chaos Shrine is predicated on Spotpass to gain more stages, very slow going otherwise
    - Some unlockable levels only have one difficulty
    - Unlockable and DLC levels don't push themselves into the main game, they're only in Challenge Mode, which is basically the Free Play mode
    - You have to choose from high score mode with no items and abilities in each song or to have abilities, lower score, but better song results

Overall, the game is pretty darned fun and has a ton of gameplay to it. If you're into Final Fantasy, and especially the music, this game hits the spot.

I watched Giant Bomb's Quick Look and if I had a 3DS, I'd definitely be picking it up. Much as I really don't care about Final Fantasy anymore, the music has still endured, and I haven't played me a decent rhythm game since Rhythm Heaven Fever.

Cold as winter, guns of summer. Point and watch them run.
    Which PSO-W Member Are You?

Seeing as it's 3ds exclusive its kinda surprising they didn't sneak any nintendo stuff into the dlc.
    Last edited by .Rusty.; Jul 6, 2012 at 11:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by .Rusty. View Post
    Seeing as it's 3ds exclusive its kinda surprising they didn't sneak any nintendo stuff into the dlc.
    I wouldn't be shocked to see this on iOS in a year or so.

(I mean, even then they would be able to just remove any Nintendo stuff, so I guess that's not super relevant to what you said.)

in all honesty I would have liked a traditional FF game for the 3DS instead of a spin-off, it would have made things or interesting.

You should look out for Bravely Default, then. From everything I've heard, it's essentially an old-school Final Fantasy game in everything but the name.

The game isn't bad if all you wanna do is relax and have a bit of fun. It's fun enough just playing the faster songs in a No.99 Dark Note and watching your favorite characters (and most hated ("SEYMOUUUUR")) level up and beat the crap out of monsters. And, it's Nobuo's music---how could I resist?

Quote Originally Posted by Polly View Post
    Much as I really don't care about Final Fantasy anymore, the music has still endured
    That's really all you buy the mainstream FF games for now. If you bought them for quality reasons...welp, disappointment at one of its finest. *shrug*