View Poll Results: Rate your Phantasy Star Online 2 experience!!

Voters
160. You may not vote on this poll
  • One

6 3.75%
  • Two

0 0%
  • Three

0 0%
  • Four

2 1.25%
  • Five

8 5.00%
  • Six

3 1.88%
  • Seven

20 12.50%
  • Eight

48 30.00%
  • Nine

31 19.38%
  • Ten

14 8.75%
  • Eleven (this game goes to Eleven!!)

23 14.38%
  • I haven't played the game enough to rate

5 3.13%
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Garnet_Moon View Post
    I'm giving it a 4 our of 11 because they won't accept my money for AC. Oh, and a recurring issue that is driving me insane.

Also, when I used window mode and clicked my browser, which pulled it up over my windowed game to check bumped guides and such for quest help, I felt so great! Then when I clicked back to PSO2, my camera was stuck pointing up to the left and my character stuck in auto-run. No, I didn't press "v" to auto run. I press Z to stop the camera stuff, and V to stop the auto run, but then I can't run with WASD or the controller. I have to press V again and auto run into an NPC to talk to them or to zone to regain control of my character. After recovering this way, when I click a Disk to learn it, the menu freezes up, and I have to exit out of the menus. It won't let me get any options for any items. I click, and it'll freeze and I have to press the big "X" to close out of my inventory.

I went full screen and ran it through steam and SHIFT+TAB seemed to work for the browser... I wasn't getting this same error until the other day. Now, coming back from SHIFT+TAB produces the same problem.

This by itself annoys me to no end and it's why I'm not giving it a perfect 11. Plus the AC issue and lag.
    I believe that all these issues are caused by you and your computer, not the game itself.

Nothing like someone in a wedding dress as tall as my knee to really get me going.
    Quote Originally Posted by youcantcatchtheblue View Post
    7 out of 10.

I gave the game 10 out of 10 at Alpha-2,
    but it's been almost a year since the first Alpha and all they have at release is 4 areas? I'm kinda afraid to see if this will be the same pace we will get on updates to the game

I know SEGA isn't exactly overflowing with money to give a big budget to this. But this game is really good, and all it needs is just more content...
    PSO2 has started with a good blank slate, but unfortunately it's still just that: a blank slate. It's got good core mechanics, but just needs more to actually do. I reached the level cap in something silly like a week after the open beta launched, I'd done all the content ten times over, and then the game actually launches with...one more area and ten more levels. The quests are basically a copypaste from caves.

I'd hoped they'd fill it in with a whole slew of quests with their own storylines (that I could google translate, lolol) but no, it's PSU all over again.

I will rate this a 9. Compared to all the other trash out there, coupled with the fact I've wanted a legit PSO MMO (not a Private Server) to be fleshed out, I will be more than occupied for the time being. I do not care if the game is in Japanese, or if certain features are removed from the game unless I pay for it (I'll be paying anyways at some point), this game rocks.

But since there are a few.... complaints from others, I want to explain what I believe is the methodology or the solution behind these decisions from SEGA.

1)First off, the game's only officially been out for, what, a day? While Open Beta did last a short time, you gotta realize - they expected some pretty low numbers and got more than they bargained for - hence the emergency maintenances once the servers got packed.

The fact that attendance hit beyond expectations (and this is factoring in the overwhelming majority of this activity was from the Japanese, mind you) - SEGA probably didn't need to think twice about ending the Beta early. The numbers told SEGA that they were doing good.

Also, regarding content: this early on, don't expect much in terms of lots of content. They just launched - give 'em a break!

2)Regarding the Tundra issue, it's true they might've locked you out of it for another 5 or so levels, but from my experience with past MMOs (and their revamps) they can always change that at some point in time. So they may fix it at some point, but when that is, we won't know.

Now then, for my pros and cons regarding PSO2.

Pro #1 - The game is a Sci-Fi MMO. The last Sci-Fi MMO I played was RF Online - and that game SUCKED! It's known as Rising Failure Online just because it's a Sci-Fi WoW clone. The only other Sci-Fi MMO isn't an RPG type - it's a shooter, and it happens to be the biggest cash hoar in existence.

Pro #2 - This is a genuine, honest to goodness Action RPG with a bit more free roaming than I normally see. Sure, it reminds of Vindictus with the small ass town - but then again, didn't the original PSO only have one town (minus the Laboratory Area of Pioneer 2 during Episode 2 - but that was pretty much the same place somewhat)? Besides, this isn't just some no-name series - it has a legacy behind it. Vindictus does not. Also, Vindictus has the least amount of character creation freedom I've ever seen. Bringing me to.....

Pro #3 - The character creation in this game is ASTOUNDING! Sure, outfit selection is small, but PSO2 has something Vindictus lacks - voice modification, as well as, what, 32 voice samples, with 16 possible pitch levels (both high and low) for both... you get, what, 512 possible voice options? And then of course, the avatar customization isn't prebuilt - you can shape your character to be an old geezer or a little child, a small drone or a giant goliath! The options are ENDLESS!

Pro #4 - While we're at it, this game made one GIGANTIC improvement from the old PSO (even though it was more or less in PSU, but that game doesn't count to honest PSO fans) - the ability for Casts to become Forces, and for Newmen to become Hunters and Rangers. That wasn't possible back in the days of Vanilla PSO, and the class equality is something I respect and embrace. I hate Berlin Walls of Racism (racial favoritism) in games, so this is a plus.

Con #1 - The game has more or less heavy system requirements, making it a chore for poverty players to try this gem, but with some minor tweaking, it CAN be done, provided you have a computer strong enough to handle the lowest of low settings - and provided you don't care about graphics quality (which I don't).

Con #2 - The fact I can't read Japanese is a con simply because in the USA, it's "Learn Spanish, French, or German - else you're a worthless waste of space" (I won't elaborate on why this particular line makes my blood boil), but we're not encouraged to learn Japanese, or Korean, or even Thai? How about Swahili? What about Danish, or Swedish?

I'd be fine with the game if I could read Japanese - or they translated it to English. Yet I can get along in game more or less alright, so this con's not too bad.

Con #3 - As it stands, I would love to see a couple new outfits released for Meseta, as well as new weapon types. As it stands, the lack of variety in weaponry is killing me.

Con #4 - One last thing I want to quirk about, but it's not really that bad, to be honest, and I could care less whether it's added or not. A sort of "guide arrow" for some stuff might be useful for the meantime to sort of guide you towards new player hotspots - like after Chapter 0, an arrow that points you to where Shion is for the Matter Board, leading you to the Mission Counter... y'know, stuff easy enough to lead us.

It's not a big concern, though - but it may help stop some idiots from infesting the game when they consider this a grindfest.

Also, I'd BETTER see more story content as the game goes on. Story Modes in RPGs are one of my favorite features, in addition to freedom of certain actions.

I better see Main Stories, Side Stories, Mini-Arcs - all with animated and voiced cutscenes and dialogue, mind you. I won't forgive them for anything less - the amount of animation and voiced dialogue in this game made me jump ship (no pun intended) from Mabinogi to PSO2 simply because of the voice acting (the former game lacks it).

But yeah, it's only one day after official release, and they aren't even catering to you guys yet. So cut them a little slack, will ya? They just started, and with all the work they gotta do, I'd be surprised if those active user numbers didn't DOUBLE once they released an English Language version.

We all know SEGA's no fool - while Capcom and co. cater to the idiotic masses who'll just feed 'em cash, SEGA sacrifices personal wealth for player enjoyment.

Granted, they DO make mistakes (their devs are only human), but we've seen SEGA more or less come back from bad mistakes and rock our expectations.

It's not about how MANY players they get, it's about how MUCH their players enjoy their games. They're not afraid to do what they love - even if it costs them profit.

Skilled Fighter

Best F2P game I've ever played.

I don't believe in perfect scores.

I wish people would stop their technical issues or incompetence from affecting their score but then again most reviews have something like this lol.
    #1 International MAG+ TA Champion in PSU. Co-Founder of Royalz

It needs to get tougher and require more and tighter teamwork. I hope Hard Mines help.
    Vader looks challenging just to play alone.

ill rate it a 8

if it had more outfits and different looking weapons it would be a 9.

if trading was free and dropping items was posible+ if it had more monsters, more maps, more bosses, more boss apear rates in free maps and more pse/cross bursts i'd give it a 10

Giving it a 8 for now, solid game so far considering it's still new and the level of detail on the graphic and characters. Enough content to keep a casual player like me busy for a while as long as they release new stuff on a timely manner. The random events are fun as well....

As for the downsides, well the character's jump bugs me a bit. They should jump further to make it less awkward. More variety in the environment and less repeat of the stupid events you run into during instances, I can only stance the same character saying the same crap so many times. Even to an ability to skip those scenes. More weapons as well, but that's coming down the pipeline, I heard we're getting 4 new weapon types??
    PSO2: Ship 2 - Shiya

7/11, it is a good game and does have some PSO 1 elements to it, but to me right now it still feels like PSU2 more than anything, only Forces can use techs,everything is just a big AOE fest, and EXP seems easy to obtain compared to what it was in PSO 1. Mags are a joke and nothing like they were in PSO1, they need a lot of reworking. Over all it's a good game, but is it a true sequel to PSO1? Probably not yet, just because you use the same names of things doesn't really make it a sequel a lot of people don't really see the stuff that is missing that made PSO what it is. Taking TP out of the game was also stupid. PP the way it is now is from PSU not PSO.
    PSO 2 Chararcters:
    Sniper Wolf- RA/HUnewearl main PHnewearl (current)Ship 02 (CBT participant)

Proud leader of Newearls Luv PP

(didn't read any other posts, just a Warning)

11/10, why? Because I've waited 7 flippin' years for this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    The world isn't as it should be...
    <->Working on a new Sig for my Reborn Character, will be done when I don't have class work overload<->
    PSO2 - ニューマン - 女性 - スピリット - Ship2:ウリ