Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3456789 ... LastLast

Crossbow or Shotfun please.

PSO2-JP: Ship 2; Bouncer/Braver, Tiana Cross.

死にてぇ奴だけ, かかってこい!! TetsuyaHikari's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by G.A.M.E.R-X View Post
    If the majority of your community wasn't immature kids and egotistical elitist attention whores that only play for the sake of being idiotic braggarts(level 30,40 club much?) then I would not be so abrasive.
    Oh look, guys. It looks like someone is playing their first online game. Let's all give him a rundown of how it works, okay?

Alright, for starters... there's always going to be people within the community of an online game which will be labelled as, "immature", "egotistical", or "elitist". That's simply because they want bragging rights for reaching the cap as soon as they can, obtaining the new rare first, whatever. Regardless of that, you should realize something here. Everyone gets enjoyment out of the game in a different manner.

You enjoy taking your time? That's great. So do I. However, I don't expect everyone else to play like I do, nor should you.

Theres a reason alot of players like me stay the hell away from the 'Main' english ships. Its because the main english community sucks. Unfortunately PSO world reminds me of the old main community in PSO, kids playing the game like robots to get to max level right away, for attention whore bragging rights and to farm kewl looking rares to attention whore even more. Now that lobbys show all your gear, this idiocy has been enabled even further. Its like they don't realize rares in this game are worthless novelty items for the most part, since they are inefficient as hell when it comes to meseta and grinder cost to see through to their full potential (which alot of times is worse than lower star weapons)
    You sure that's the only reason you stay away? While you may not agree with someone's mentality, it's quite childish yourself to completely exclude yourself like that. You talk about others being "elitist", yet here you are showing signs of the exact thing you hate. You believe you're better than them and you don't want anything to do with them.

You need to understand how a community works. A community isn't just about accepting the good, it's about accepting the bad as well. Sure, you may not like how these other people play, but does that mean you just cut yourself off entirely from them? No. Why? Because not everyone is going to be like that.

It's hard to take your attention off of the bad when that is all you're focusing on. Take me for example. I have gripes with lobby dancers. Sure, I could just say, "Ya know what? Screw you guys! You're all a bunch of losers! I'm outta here" or whatever, but I won't. I just learn to deal with it because those kind of people are here to stay, much like you or myself. Excluding myself from the situation won't solve the problem. You may think it does, but it doesn't.

If they want to farm for rares or whatever, let them. It's not your place or my own to judge how they play the game. It's their time, not ours. Much like, they don't have the right to judge how we play the game either. I've had plenty of people give me crap during my days in PSU about how my character only used swords and nothing else.

"Doesn't that ever get boring?", "Swords are weak", "You're an idiot", etc.

I didn't let it get to me though because:

A. That's their opinion
    B. I can play the game however I damn well please, within the rights of Sega's TOS

So, if they want to play the game as a "mindless robot", let them. You're free to do the same or not. Either is fine.

And then we have the other portion of the ship 2 community, Le reddit kids and Tumblr kids spamming memes and inappropriate and idiotic image chat symbols.

And then of course the idiotic hackers your community has given legendary amounts of attention to, are of course drawn to you since they know you'll talk about them all day and give them the attention they want. Lets start a countdown timer for when Sega will enstate an IP ban for people outside of their intended player base regions, cuz its gonna happen thanks to these idiots in the english community.
    Now, while I may not agree with the symbol chat spam, I think the symbol chat itself is a nice idea. Of course, there will be players that abuse it, but unless you hang around the lobby all day, you're not going to have anything to complain about, really. Much like the lobby dancers that are idling, they're not really a problem unless you're sitting in the lobby (or trying to get in the block and can't because of them) looking at them.

Once again, quit focusing on just the bad stuff. Once you leave that lobby and go on the quest, you won't have to see the dancers or the symbol chat spam. So quit torturing yourself just to give yourself a reason to complain.

As for the hackers... while I may agree that they do not deserve the attention, the situation itself deserves attention. I think that's just something that needs to be tweaked a little. On one side of the coin, it certainly helps to name the person because keeping someone like that anonymous only does more harm than good, but on the other side of the coin, discussing what you saw occur is more important than who was doing it.

It means there is a flaw in the system. Patching that hole is more important than going on a wild goose chase for one person (or multiple). So yeah, I do agree that these guys shouldn't be treated as a celebrity, but of course they will be seen as such when their name is being related to the crime. You can't really hold that against the players for discussing it by keeping the name with the act so everyone has a full understanding of who to stay away from and/or report if they see the person.

tl;dr The largest group of english players of PSO are a giant circle jerk ecosystem of attention whoring, so why would you expect a nice attitude from a player that plays this game seriously to enjoy it, as opposed to using it as a glorified 3d chatango room? Yes i know this doesnt apply to all of you, but you already knew that.
    Says the person who registered just to gloat about how much he knew and how much we should know. It seems to me that despite all of your bickering about the "attention whoring" other people do, you sure like to do it yourself with your vast amounts of knowledge and understanding of the community. I understand what you say doesn't apply to everyone, but I don't think having a "nice attitude" had anything to do with what you described.

So, a player that plays the game seriously can't have a nice attitude? Why not? I have a nice attitude. Also, who's to say other people aren't enjoying the game as well, glorified 3D chatango room or not?

You are in no position to decide who is enjoying this game, nor are you in a position to determine how the community stands as a whole. You're just a guy that registered recently to moan and complain about a community which apparently doesn't want anything to do with you because of your attitude, and after looking through what you've had to say, I can't honestly say I blame them.

Anway I dont intend to derail a thread so I wont say anything else
    I guess you should have thought about that before going off on your tangent.

Whatever the hell heavens punisher was, I want that.

I believe the unknown weapon will be Batman or Wolverine.

Quote Originally Posted by gravityvx View Post
    Whatever the hell heavens punisher was, I want that.
    Its a PSO 1&2 weapon that special was based on beat time, and when it was right, giant lasers came out of the sky upon everything in sight. Every Ranger needed to have it, every hacker wanted to hack it, it was one of the greatest weapons in the game.
    PSZ characters:
    Frost: RAcast, lv1
    Soul: FOnewm, lv40
    Socks: HUnewm, lv1
    FC: 4726 8115 1533

Quote Originally Posted by Keyblade59 View Post
    Its a PSO 1&2 weapon that special was based on beat time, and when it was right, giant lasers came out of the sky upon everything in sight. Every Ranger needed to have it, every hacker wanted to hack it, it was one of the greatest weapons in the game.
    Oh trust me I know, lol I loved that gun to death what I meant was whatever weapon type it was, I forget whether it was a rifle or a pistol lol It's been years.

Quote Originally Posted by Keyblade59 View Post
    I still remember the 1st time I saw that in action on the 1st computer I played PSO on, the special cause it to freeze up and I had to restart it. XD
    She is style
    She is grace
    But most importantly, she'll break your face <3

Quote Originally Posted by RocSage View Post
    I believe the unknown weapon will be Batman or Wolverine.
    The weapon we deserve, not the weapon we need.

Twin Mechgun
    I just hope it will be more balanced than riffle.