Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789

The undeniable truth about Ability is that some armors and weapons require generous amounts of the stat to equip it.

All I need to know about this is if it is useful.

Answer? o_O
    "Blade" M Beast Fighmaster of "Ten Star V" from Xbox 360 PSU.

http://www.youtube.com/user/xBladeM6x

Quote Originally Posted by xBladeM6x View Post
    All I need to know about this is if it is useful.

Answer? o_O
    Stupidly useful... for a force anyways, as well as rangers. I can't speak for hunters, cause I don't play one, but I can tell you my damage variance on some monsters used to be as high as between 1200-1900 on particular weak spots due to really low ability. Doubling my ability has brought that variance to around 1850-1900 now. It is a stat that is definitely worth the effort to put up.
    PSO2 char
    ゆかり・ルルキア - Fighter/Force Newman(F)
    ライアク - Force/Techer Newman(M)
    RAH-犀 - Hunter/??? Cast(M)

Quote Originally Posted by Ryock View Post
    Stupidly useful... for a force anyways, as well as rangers. I can't speak for hunters, cause I don't play one, but I can tell you my damage variance on some monsters used to be as high as between 1200-1900 on particular weak spots due to really low ability. Doubling my ability has brought that variance to around 1850-1900 now. It is a stat that is definitely worth the effort to put up.
    Ah, good. Then I can feel much better about my MAG being like 60 Striking, and 30 Ability. Thanks.
    "Blade" M Beast Fighmaster of "Ten Star V" from Xbox 360 PSU.

http://www.youtube.com/user/xBladeM6x

Quote Originally Posted by Ryock View Post
    Do you have any advice for a force on how to increase the ability stat? So far, with my rod on and shifta + photon flare activated I've got about 1300 Tech-ATK vs. <300 ability, and I'm seeing a lot of damage fluctuation.

What venue is the best for adding to my ability stat? Edit: Also, what number is a good point to be aiming for with an offensive stat around 1000?
    Last edited by MasterSpark; Jul 8, 2012 at 10:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSpark View Post
    Do you have any advice for a force on how to increase the ability stat? So far, with my rod on and shifta + photon flare activated I've got about 1300 Tech-ATK vs. <300 ability, and I'm seeing a lot of damage fluctuation.

What venue is the best for adding to my ability stat? Edit: Also, what number is a good point to be aiming for with an offensive stat around 1000?
    The important thing is your Rod's T-atk
    I assume it's like 470

The easiest way to get lots of ability is to put Rappy Soul on your armor units

Quote Originally Posted by GoldenFalcon View Post
    The important thing is your Rod's T-atk
    I assume it's like 470

The easiest way to get lots of ability is to put Rappy Soul on your armor units
    Oh right, I remember reading about weapon vs ability before. Sorry for my forgetfulness.

Have there been any discoveries in the proportional ratio between the weapons offense and your ability for a good effect?

Being a user of photon flare myself, along with a very similar tech amount to you, I've gotten the best results with about 370+ ability.

Oh right, I remember reading about weapon vs ability before. Sorry for my forgetfulness.

Have there been any discoveries in the proportional ratio between the weapons offense and your ability for a good effect?
    I've found that as long as your ability is no lower than about 100 below your weapon's tech atk, you're in the clear. My tech atk with my weapon is currently 516, and I'm running around with 433 ability. I see at most, 100 damage of variance. And that's just speaking on bosses, like Ragne and such where my damage numbers are 2k+. On smaller mobs where I'm only doing at most 1k damage, the variance is much smaller.
    PSO2 char
    ゆかり・ルルキア - Fighter/Force Newman(F)
    ライアク - Force/Techer Newman(M)
    RAH-犀 - Hunter/??? Cast(M)