Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by UnLucky View Post
    I've got 248 Ability

Tested with a 244 Tech Talis (191 base) and a 334 Tech Rod (241 base) casting Ra Foie on Dagan

Talis: Damage is stable (~440), crits are double (~900)
    Rod: Damage varies a bit (~480-540), crits are double (up to ~1100)
    Can you try equipping 3 armors with Rappy Soul for +90 ability, and see if the rod damage is higher than 540 (stable)?

So according to your theory, I will stop people from pumping out pure stats to use higher equipment for more damage. Actually, I think this theory has a lot of potential and I will back it. I did observe something similar when I was using a Launcher that had 198 dmg vs a 223 dmg one, I was doing a bit more damage on the 198 dmg one, and it had a Rappy Soul on it.

I will definitely test this out earlier since I have a ton of rappy souls on units.

Excellent, I'm glad you caught on to this. I knew fury critical had to exist for a good reason, so it's actually quite handy on averaging out long term damage if you want to just keep pooling into s-atk.

This certainly makes more sense. Considering there's no way we could have seen the enemy's ability stat it would have been impossible to gauge our ability otherwise.

A glare more piercing than any spear.

I've been raising the ability and attack of my mag. Would doing that raise my full damage potential?

This thread gave me a LOT of reassurance on what to feed my mag.

On a side note, people need to start thinking more in terms of DPS than max damage.

Ive made two characters so far, and the ability/tech hybrod mag was dealing far better DPS than the full tech mag due to consistently higher damage output. The spikes in damage for the full tech mag were better, of course... but not enough to compensate for the severe damage fluctuations.

so a Full Ability Mag is the way to go huh?
    Nice find btw I haven't been able to play

It sounds like this may not be the exact case, although it might be partially true. Adelheid is doing testing in the hunter skill tree thread in the walkthroughs section.

The James Franco of PSO2 NoiseHERO's Avatar

Seems legit.

Thinking of how my usual damage fluctuates, yeah I have an okay amount of ability, then again my mag IS half ability.

AYY. All you nillas days is numbered.

I gotta test this. I've always wondered what ABL was and if it was ever discovered or not. Surprised SEGA hasn't said anything about it.

Laser+3 no element: 208 R-Atk
    ABL: 236
    Enemy: The robot in the desert with the blue orb on top
    Both of us are Lv20

Damage with Just Attack: stayed around 20-26. A few times it went to 16-19, not much though. I can't tell if it's a critical hit or not though. I'm guessing that's what the bold numbers are? If so, they were in the same range of 20-26.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aleron Ives
    Ninja boxes. The next development in PSO stealth. :ninja: