Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Been running AVG Free for years now, and never had any problems/viruses.

I've never had a problem using AVG or Norton, but if you're looking for something with minimal impact on performance stay as far away from McAfee as possible.

I've never tried MSE though, always kinda assumed that wasn't really a full antivirus program.

As long as it's not Norton, you should be in good shape. I, myself, use Webroot.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Maku View Post
    As long as it's not Norton, you should be in good shape. I, myself, use Webroot.
    what's wrong with Norton?? i have had 0 issues with Norton 360 whatsoever+^_^+ the days when Norton bogged machines down is long past+^_^+ still, only reason i have it is i got it for free and i like it's interface+^_^+

I like how in one post someone says "get this x AV". Then in the post right after it, someone says "as long as it isn't X AV, then you're good".

Very confusing.

The fact is, different systems have different experiences with AVs. No one can tell you how it is going to perform on YOUR system. I would suggest you try the "trial" or free versions of all the ones you are interested in. It may take some time, but you'll be set for awhile.

Personally, I use Malewarebytes only + Common sense 2012 edition. No performance issues as it only runs when I suspect something (and I am REALLY good at noticing when something is wrong with my computer).

Use Avast. It uses almost no resources, and it even has a 'gaming mode' you can activate when playing games, so that it doesn't interfere with gameplay at all.

Can you get viruses through playing this game?

I've never seen so much bad information in my entire life.

Check out the charts available at av-comparatives.org:
    The latest summary from March: http://www.av-comparatives.org/image..._201203_en.pdf

As you will see, MSE actually falls into the bottom of the list.

As far as performance goes, just exclude the programs files for your game from the AV real-time scanner so your game files aren't being scanned when they're accessed/modified. The footprint of the AV isn't going to affect gaming performance unless you have an extremely under performing machine.

Honestly if you're playing a full screen game and not browsing the web or doing anything else while playing, just disable your AV while you play and then re-enable it when you're done playing.
    Arkios
    49HU - 58TE - 25FO - 61RA - 44GU - 50BR - 46FI - 29BO

Quote Originally Posted by Nu Lo Yin View Post
    Can you get viruses through playing this game?
    Are you joking?

wow, Arkios, now i know why me and people i know always had so many issues with Webroot+^_^+ just look at all the false positives that PDF says!!+^_^+