Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Rauten View Post
    No.

If I want to play with friends, then I want to play with friends, and no one else. I'll derive more enjoyment out of partying with exclusively friends than I will out of opening the remaining 1-2 slots for strangers just to clear the missions faster.
    The stranger would be an annoyance, and since I'd be playing with IRL friends, all of which speak spanish, and we communicate using VoIP communication and coordination with the "extra" party member would be a slight pain in the ass.

So, no. Party locked, friends only.
    nobody is telling you to play with people and to not lock rooms, just be conceited and get on with the game. Oh voip you are so cool, just say ventrilo/mumble/teamspeak bro.

Quote Originally Posted by Zorafim View Post
    This has really frustrated me, too. It's gotten to a point where some parties I've been in were more than half bots. That really cuts down on the exp when the party's full. I can understand having one or two, but at least leave space for new people.
    ^ THIIIIIIIIIIS.

I usually go to like 6/12 MPAs with 2 bots on my team, then if someone joins my party, I go back to the ship and remove a bot, and again if someone else joins. However, it gets kinda annoying to manage when no one joins the party and just makes their own, then I don't know when to remove bots especially when people stick to area 1 of MPAs as I stick to area 2. I'm okay with running solo in a MPA, just NOT okay with the lack of people in MPAs i.e. day 1 Tundra.
    天上無敵!常勝無敗!唯一無二のPhantasmaです
    Ship 2

Quote Originally Posted by Chik'Tikka View Post
    Something i found that works, (now that i know how to kick) is invite two bots (usually a force and a hunter/ranger, often Ferria and Eastwood) and when a person joins as a 4th, i kick a bot (Eastwood 1st) then when a second joins I remove the Ferria bot+^_^+
    You have no idea how multi party area works.

Quote Originally Posted by velociti View Post
    nobody is telling you to play with people and to not lock rooms, just be conceited and get on with the game. Oh voip you are so cool, just say ventrilo/mumble/teamspeak bro.
    I wasn't aware VOIP was an elitist term. I thought it was just generic term for any VOIP program.

Quote Originally Posted by eharima View Post
    You have no idea how multi party area works.
    That bot he kicks frees up room in the MPA for another person to join the area or to join his party.

Quote Originally Posted by gigawuts View Post
    I wasn't aware VOIP was an elitist term. I thought it was just generic term for any VOIP program.
    It isn't. That person is just overreacting.

I remember back in Closed Beta I'd find so many people in Multi-Party Areas. It was really nice; felt great just running into people and giving them a quick heal/buff and possibly tagging along.

I think the main issue is that more people realize that NPCs give powerful disks if you spam missions with them, but a lot of those people don't think to just spam the first quest over and over.

Quote Originally Posted by Chik'Tikka View Post
    Something i found that works, (now that i know how to kick) is invite two bots (usually a force and a hunter/ranger, often Ferria and Eastwood) and when a person joins as a 4th, i kick a bot (Eastwood 1st) then when a second joins I remove the Ferria bot+^_^+
    That's what I do, but do note that I swear one my friends had one of his NPC's REPLACED by a player, so I wonder if that was a bug or if there's an option you can set in party creation to enable such a feature?

nobody is telling you to play with people and to not lock rooms, just be conceited and get on with the game. Oh voip you are so cool, just say ventrilo/mumble/teamspeak bro./
    ...So proper grammar/terminology/analogies are elitist now..? And who would want to play with you with that kind of attitude?
    Last edited by DreXxiN; Jul 8, 2012 at 04:07 PM.
    #1 International MAG+ TA Champion in PSU. Co-Founder of Royalz

I did run an absolutely fantastic multiparty tundra free field last night. We must have fought twelve ragnes, and I got three rares - two of which being my first hunter rares (gunblades do not count). Sure, they were just zanbas, but they were MY zanbas.

I then proceeded to waste 120k and 34 grinders to get a lucky rise & another history zanba to +8 and will probably never turn a profit trying to sell it. I didn't quite think it through before I started grinding it...

But that's fine. I made easily 400k vendoring stuff, and sold 380k worth of 5 star items and disks overnight.

Multipartying is awesome when you can get it going, even if it sucks when you can't.

This has been getting on my nerves lately as well. All these blocks chock filled the capacity, yet, bots, bots and more bots everywhere I go. It boggles the mind. I guess this is the type of thing you have a guild (team) for, I guess. I was really hoping to involve that scene in this game, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Rauten View Post
    No.

If I want to play with friends, then I want to play with friends, and no one else. I'll derive more enjoyment out of partying with exclusively friends than I will out of opening the remaining 1-2 slots for strangers just to clear the missions faster.
    The stranger would be an annoyance, and since I'd be playing with IRL friends, all of which speak spanish, and we communicate using VoIP communication and coordination with the "extra" party member would be a slight pain in the ass.

So, no. Party locked, friends only.
    yeah man the PSO series has traditionally been a series in which using voice chat is much much much more convenient than sitting down and typing because of all the crazy action

it's hard to formulate a proper strategy for a mindless hack and slash game, can't waste time typing to stupid foreign pubs that don't speak my language
    pso two:
    blue moon/caseal/ship 2