Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910

Quote Originally Posted by BogusKun View Post
    Now westerners can celebrate... as the game has been confirmed in our language (^_^)v
    Wait what?

"Don't worry my friend, i am a doctor.Shame i lost my license, but you don't mind, right?"

The reason they can't just open the servers for everybody in the world I suspect is not related to xenophobia or egocentrism, probably not even directly related to money, but actually, marketing.

if it's already troublesome to carry books over other countries just because of the royalties and shits like that, I'm pretty sure things are even more troublesome with digital media, even if that's actually easier to manage in terms of accesibility.

Sega surely wouldn't care a shit about having the servers global, it's proven that we can play there without much problems. They'd just need to put maybe a couple more ships to allow for more players that aren't playing right now due to the language barrier. But I'm sure there's some marketing bulshit that makes it more difficult than we think.

Frankly I could care less about the game having english voice overs. All I'd like is english text. Yes, I love the game enough to try and learn some japanese to be able to play it well enough, but just like when I lived in florida, and I wasn't going to learn spanish, just to speak to the migrant workers that refuse to learn english, I'm not going to demand that they make this game english in any way. I've invaded their "land" (so to speak) so I'm going to learn their language.

Oh and if you ask me, they should take a page from Final Fantasy XI. English and Japanese players play side by side, and they have a "quick chat" function that allows things you say to be translated into the other language. It works well enough to form groups for any of the dungeons, and I've even been able to get specific items in trades with it. All and all, it could work here as well. just my two cents.
    Last edited by atrimiselgnacra; Jul 9, 2012 at 05:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by atrimiselgnacra View Post
    Oh and if you ask me, they should take a page from Final Fantasy XI. English and Japanese players play side by side, and they have a "quick chat" function that allows things you say to be translated into the other language. It works well enough to form groups for any of the dungeons, and I've even been able to get specific items in trades with it. All and all, it could work here as well. just my two cents.
    Didn't they have the same thing in PSO? You could choose your region for ships or something like that. I learned that the Japanese playing there didn't pick up your weapon and Meseta and dash off.

Quote Originally Posted by kantaris View Post
    Didn't they have the same thing in PSO? You could choose your region for ships or something like that. I learned that the Japanese playing there didn't pick up your weapon and Meseta and dash off.
    I... never really played PSO actually online. The few times I did go online I was hacked, so it wasn't until PSU that I went online, and then it was at the start, on the PS2 version, before hacking out the wazoo, and because I didn't have an xbox 360. I stopped playing PSU because I didn't like the partner machine/crafting feature. Yea it was a cool concept, having to hunt down not only the board and the mats for your rarest weapons, but frankly, I'd rather kill an enemy 1000 times for my weapon, instead of having the chance of the board breaking because you PM wasn't leveled exactly right... Also I missed mags.

Sometime people like my friend who just quit 2 days are just too lazy to read those ENGLISH guide, while they are complaining they cant understand japanese

Quote Originally Posted by Geistritter View Post
    This wouldn't be a problem if people bothered to learn some of their language. The majority of the terminology in this game is in English, besides, so it's not even that massive a transition.

It's easy to criticize others, sure, but most of the time there's at least something you could've done to make things easier on yourself, rather than expecting others to accommodate you. And hell, you might learn something along the way.

Serious? Were gonna resort to blaming Americans for not having people learn more then one language? 90% of Americans speak English,

WTF would I decide to wake up and learn Japanese? So I could play some video games that I cant wait a few months to play in English? ROFL that is sad

The James Franco of PSO2 NoiseHERO's Avatar

>Don't need to know ANY Japanese to play and enjoy this game

>Argue that it being in another language makes it unplayable anyway

>Reasoning mostly consists of things that even a lazy person can easily deal with.

>People make the discussion more complicated by saying "you should learn Japanese anyway"

>Endless loop of complaining, arguing and excuses instead of just playing the game with said free time that could be put into "dealing with the language barrier".

>Rock is still massively confused while he continues to enjoy the game in whatever language till the english version comes out a year later, because I don't need to know how to say "where is the hospital?" In Japanese to drink a monomate.

AYY. All you nillas days is numbered.

Quote Originally Posted by heylookapanda View Post
    The people demanding it are in the wrong. Yes, it would be nice to have it, but most of us would just really appreciate the English. We will all continue playing, regardless of it being in Japanese. At least I know I will
    I use the guides myself, but it still feels like I am missing out on features that haven't been translated yet. I don't really have an issue remembering what menu is what, but it would be nice to not have to have 5 windows open in Chrome and alt tabbing back and forth to try and figure what each thing meant. Before I found pso-blog I was using wikipedia to copy/paste Kanji and translating on google translate (took me hours). I believe I put my fair share of effort into adapting to the Japanese While my friends were only leveling and not bothering with translators I was self translating. Was quite frustrating finding the Kanji, but you make due with what you've got right? I really just wish Sega would hear it's American fans cries for the game being global rather than having two seperate games. Even if the new content was first released in Japanese and translated later, I do believe we as players would be fine with waiting on our translations as long as we had our menus translated and the quests released prior to. It's not like we don't have extremely dedicated PSO2 translators working round the clock to update us. Such wonderful people
    Last edited by heylookapanda; Jul 9, 2012 at 09:02 AM. Reason: Mispelled Sega