Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

I honestly don't care what language they put the game in. I'm just thankful there is no region block like most other games.

So it's wrong to desire an english localization for a game which has consistently seen western release save the most recent PSPi?

Okay, dude.

You don't build up a decent American/english speaking fanbase over 10 years, then bork that fanbase out of the AAA flagship sequel. It can mean bad things.
    Last edited by Zipzo; Jul 8, 2012 at 09:19 PM.

I honestly don't know a lick of Japanese at all, and I have absolutely no problem playing this game. I know a few basic drops and a few basic things like items ATP/DEF, etc...I don't mind flipping through menu translations and such, until we either get our own servers/patch to play the game.

Basically, what I'm saying is: I'm loving it, language barrier or not..I'll continue to play regardless.

EDIT: I did have a very nice conversation for about 15 minutes or so with a Taiwanese person who knew some English. I thought he/she was pretty awesome. One of those people who you can play with forever and probably learn a bit of the JP language from. We can learn from each other, perhaps. If we all could find someone like this, in game, that would be an awesome tool for you to learn some of the JP language as well. Kind of a "You scratch my back and I'll scratch yours" deal.
    Last edited by Firehouse1983; Jul 8, 2012 at 09:21 PM.

The supposive Gaijin Hero EvilMag's Avatar

Lets be honest, you guys would rather deal with moonrunes than with SoA's bullshit.
    Quote Originally Posted by CelestialBlade View Post
    Bit off-topic, but I'm just sick and tired of "difficulty" meaning "stat boosts". It's lazy and boring.

Quote Originally Posted by Drayk View Post
    So it's wrong to desire an english localization for a game which has consistently seen western release save the most recent PSPi?

Okay, dude.
    If you whine and flood the forum with it, then it is a problem for all of us on the forum.

and yes, I absolutely prefer dealing with moonrunes than with SoA and western penis symbol art spam.

it feels great developing my basic japanese skills but honestly a lot of people just want to play the game.

i can still remember when i tried playing japanese games when i didn't know japanese and i felt kinda helpless. asian languages are daunting (aside from japanese i've also studied basic mandarin), and to just somehow 'jump in' to learning just because you want to play a video game is kind of weird.

people just want to play the game, man. it's understandable that people are frustrated and let out that frustration. it's not really a good response to say 'well then learn some damn japanese,' because that's really not a fair response. it's hard to get into.

the PSO community is just new to this because this has never happened before. JP PSO and PSU were always locked away because of their subscriptions - you had to jump through a lot of hoops as an english player to get on JP servers. now that it's free and literally anyone around the world can just make an account using one guide and get on the game, you have a ton of people who are frustrated that the newest game from their favorite series isn't quite fully accessible to them yet even though they can move around and play in it.
    pso two:
    blue moon/caseal/ship 2

The title mislead me and I was thinking this was going to be a "they should learn to cater to us English players more" thread, but I was pleasantly surprised. I know people have love for this game and want it to be released in English, but I find something as silly as language a minor deterrent from a series that I love so much and while I cannot fully understand what is happening, I try to understand as much as possible

Quote Originally Posted by Drayk View Post

Okay, dude.
    Kinda have to agree with this here.

And i am someone who is happy studying japanese and i still think that.Then again i also have gamesites from america trolling me day in and day out about new info on japanese games.Doesn't help at all.

"Don't worry my friend, i am a doctor.Shame i lost my license, but you don't mind, right?"

Im just glad to be playing it for the Japanese Voicing, we get all the same events as them etc.
    Most of my friends don't know any Japanese but are having a great time speaking English to people and just finding out what button does what.

And yes no region block

Photon Martial Artist DjDragoon's Avatar

Japanese is pretty damn hard to learn, as are most eastern languages. And you're gonna have to be reading the majority of the game instead of listening to it. Kanji's kinda a beast when it comes to memorizing characters. I can only translate the hira/katakana. Sega would be letting a lot of fans down if this wasn't localized.
    Photon Martial Artist