Page 49 of 51 FirstFirst ... 39464748495051 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Rock Eastwood View Post
    BEcause I was only talking about him, YEAH!

I still think we have the ability to take advantage of the good things from both versions to avoid most of the problems cause by only playing one of them. But hey, maybe it's only me, knowing I'll always have my same fair sized group of friends to enjoy the game with.
    I wasn't one of the people clamouring for a local release because SoA totally ruined PSU, and they're a weaker SoA than they were when PSU started. I can see literally no light at the end of the tunnel. It'll all start well enough, then there will be problems, and because SoA are powerless to actually fix anything - they'll scuttle away and hide for days/weeks on end during incidents. Sega need to start acting like Sega, not separate business units.

Also I fully expect them to make the mistake of hosting in San Francisco again, when the East coast has far better connectivity to Europe. If they're at all serious about making PSO2 a success, they won't host in SF again on that frequently problematic connection. The PC/PS2 guys will have been mostly isolated from this, but lag problems were frequent. I remember when it they first moved to the new offices it was obviously worse from day 1. From the UK it's give or take about 70ns to reach the east coast of the US. From there it takes another 70+ to get to SF. It's not difficult to understand that if they were in New York (for example), people in the states would be largely unaffected, but people in Europe would see significant benefits. Of course then they can't stow them away in the corner of the office anymore.

I wonder if Project Pat will be playing the US version
    I am a kubara product.

Yay! My friends can play now!

Not that they'll be as addicted as I am...

Who cares! PARTY TIME FOR US NON-JAPANESE! OH YEAH!!
    Images in signatures cannot exceed 9000 pixels in width. The image in your signature was 9,001 pixels wide.

Supporter of the Pew Pew since 1993

Little odd that a F2P, downloadable, PC game is taking that long to get localized and released... Seems like they are losing potential customers and cash shop money. AH well, at least it is coming out eventually.

A non rushed localized version sounds fine to me.

Skilled Fighter

Quote Originally Posted by iwerkout View Post
    Yay! My friends can play now!

Not that they'll be as addicted as I am...

Who cares! PARTY TIME FOR US NON-JAPANESE! OH YEAH!!
    Same concern as you.

They all told me they wanted to play the game.

1 has kept his word.

They all swear that it's because they don't understand Japanese, even though I can teach them how to do everything and provide them guides.

Boy who cried wolf.

I'll play on both servers because I know the NA/EU version will tank. Hard.
    You all ready to be stuck at the level cap of 40 for 9 months?

Just because you have a guide, doesn't mean the game is still just as fun to play in Japanese. It's a pain to me trying to remember everything or having to look at a guide for every little thing I want to do.

The only reason I'm okay with Infinity is because I put in almost 300 hours in PSP2, and every single menu is the exact same except the new Infinity missions of course. Not everyone enjoys staring at squiggles all day.

If they have international servers, then sure. Besides that, I'll be sticking to the English one. Slower content? Whatever. At least we get it.
    ID: Haseyo FO
    Character: Roll Caskett | Ship: 02
    Character: Hsien-Ko | Ship: 02

Told my friends over facebook about the western release.

Some said they'd play.

So I have more incentive to play both versions: original homies in JP, new friends in EN.

Would likely still play EN as well even without them, but still... :3

Quote Originally Posted by Rashiid View Post
    Just because you have a guide, doesn't mean the game is still just as fun to play in Japanese. It's a pain to me trying to remember everything or having to look at a guide for every little thing I want to do.

The only reason I'm okay with Infinity is because I put in almost 300 hours in PSP2, and every single menu is the exact same except the new Infinity missions of course. Not everyone enjoys staring at squiggles all day.
    It might be the limited days when we had a working english patch, but I'm doing just fine on JP. All that's really inconveniencing me from the JP version is:

1. Not understanding the story (which I'm sure is just a cliche uninspired mess anyway)
    2. Not understanding item flavor text
    3. Client Orders