Page 3 of 51 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast

Meh, if you don't know your way around JP PSO2 by then then you switching versions probably won't solve your problem ._.;

Quote Originally Posted by Garnet_Moon View Post
    This is even after the re-launch of FFXIV in January of 2013 with the PS3 edition.

And as Olaf said, this reeks of foul play and I'm more than likely not going to touch it. Unless we get IP banned off the JP server.
    Please don't jinx it.

D:

I'd rather stay on the JP server, due to content and longevity.
    Not to mention... there's already so many of us here.

I wonder how many people will actually make the switch.

Quote Originally Posted by Titan View Post
    Source?
    The front page of this website.

Quote Originally Posted by Nibelungenlied View Post
    Meh, if you don't know your way around JP PSO2 by then then you switching versions probably won't solve your problem ._.;
    This, just ignore those who didn't have the misfortune of playing NA PSU. This is just too disheartening my younger days cry and yearn for a real sequel to PSO I feel like I've been mugged in a dark ally.
    PSO 2 Chararcters:
    Sniper Wolf- RA/HUnewearl main PHnewearl (current)Ship 02 (CBT participant)

Proud leader of Newearls Luv PP

Pff. I don't even think I'm going to go to the NA/EU servers considering that I have a level 32 character already in JP... Spring 2013... In like 8 months that I'm going to surely keep playing the game in the JP servers, I'm sure I'll cap my main already in two classes and probably pick a second one.

One think that will be itchy will be that some of the people I played with in PSU will play there... but seriously. it all depends how do they handle the updates and stuff. If the game starts with the same content it had when it started in Japan, I don't think i'm even going to try. It'd be already 9 months behind the schedule.

But well, I suppose if they keep the same game format I'd give it a try just to figure out a bit better the rest of the controls. from there on it depends on what do they do with it. If in ayear or so the thing smells the same as with PSU I won't even care this time, just forget about it and stay in JP.

Seriously, I really hate how amazing plans go to hell just because of bad management. The game would be the most awesome ever for me if they just decided to expand the japanese servers and make it global. If they're going to separate the communities, as somebody who lives in between US and JP, I'm not going to be fucked off by the crap management of SoA and even more crap international policies by SoJ.

One thing I hope is that at least the fact that the game is going to be translated makes it easier to "patch" it for english menus in JP, and I don't think I gotta shut up about this on this forum now because it would be just to put stuff from the US version into the JP version.
    Last edited by Darki; Jul 9, 2012 at 01:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Garnet_Moon View Post
    This is even after the re-launch of FFXIV in January of 2013 with the PS3 edition.

And as Olaf said, this reeks of foul play and I'm more than likely not going to touch it. Unless we get IP banned off the JP server.
    It is nothing short of pathetic. I really feel for the community managers at Sega, no doubt they have been gunning to get this out ASAP and they're probably all to aware that it's far too late with that release window.

The community has pretty much translated everything. Voice acting is not necessary, the market for PSO2 in the west wouldn't mind Japanese voice acting with subtitles. It's not tied to a console so there's no rigorous approval systems to go through. All they need is to possibly get it age rated by ESRB and PEGI and heck, even make it subscription based if they're scared of the F2P model.

It doesn't bother me because unless there's a major IP ban in the works (which I doubt), I intend to stay on the JP server thanks to some experience with Japanese. But it pisses me off for all the guys here who would love an English version, the community managers at Sega and for the sake of the brand.

Quote Originally Posted by Vashyron View Post
    I see the localisation is going well already.
    D-Arkers too. What the actual fuck is going on.

Well, the only good thing I see from this is that all those lobby afkers and dancing scum will move to that sinkhole, relieving some of the server stress.
    Perso...! Wait...wrong game.

I really want to give this an honest chance when it comes out, but all the negativity surrounding it sorta makes me not even want to slightly consider it :/

REMEMBER THE ALAM---GURHAL SYSTEM!

I'm going to take a wild guess and say it'll launch exactly like PSO-JP. As in OBT is capped at 30, live will be 40... content updates will be X amount of months after JP-PSO2 got them, even if the content is ready to go launch day.

And then I predict we'll begin to fall behind a month in updates... then 2... then 3... then eventually a year. Then I predict it'll be dead before 5 years, tops. The only compensation we'll get for the delayed updates is... wait for it...

50% off all clothing in the NPC shop
    Increased drop rate
    Increased EXP rate

It'll feel like dejavue... It's not like this has happened before. Ever. Right? I mean, c'mon, it can't happen... This is Phantasy Star Online 2 we're talking about!

PSO2-JP: Ship 2; Bouncer/Braver, Tiana Cross.

Quote Originally Posted by BIG OLAF View Post
    The front page of this website.
    Damn that cache... Front page was showing nothing new for me.
    http://www.pso-world.com/forums/signaturepics/sigpic43936_3.gif
    Dumb PSU vids and Dumb PSO2 vids in the sig Rappy Gifs here