View Poll Results: Which servers will you be playing on?

Voters
298. You may not vote on this poll
  • I will be playing the English servers only

60 20.13%
  • I will be playing the Japnese servers only

97 32.55%
  • I will be playing the English and Japanese servers

127 42.62%
  • I refuse to play on any of the servers until everything is clear

14 4.70%
Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst 123456714 ... LastLast

I've voted for both but honestly, I'll prolly ditch the japanese version altogether even if the English version will be behind with updates. Hard to convince anyone who's not crazy about PSO to play the japanese version so yeah.
    I don't care much about starting anew, it doesn't take that long to reach level cap, and most of time wasted was due to the game being in japanese.

At the very least, I'm not posting my answer in the poll just yet, and I'll explain why.

I for one, am glad to see and hear that PSO2 is getting a western release; it would have been otherwise been unfair to the community that loves this series so much otherwise. However, my joy does not come without it's skepticism.

A lot of people here in this thread so far reference the delay of content between the Japanese and Western content; this also worries me a bit at well. Personally, I would like it if they essentially kept the same ship structure much alike the original PSO. But then again, I am getting a bit ahead of myself.

Until then, I further await more info.
    I'm still around.

JP...
    Delta Violet+ / デルタ. / io / ヘカテ. / JIMMY

My Youtube.

Probably English, but I really want to see what content will be available for Day 1.

PSO2: Kylie.HUnewearl.Sh02

This thread is sort of misleading, is it not?

Nothing on the website gives us any idea that they are actually going to share the servers with the JP.

I will play primarily the English version once it comes out. I am having fun in the Japanese version and the various guides help a lot, but unless I actually learn Japanese I will enjoy the English version more. I'll still have my Japanese account to check out new content and such if Japan is ahead of us.

Will stay at JP. maybe will try english one in some years when story will be complete, just to fill blanks in my translations.

English because I like being able to actually read everything. "English patch" doesn't count because as far as I know that's still not "released" and who knows if they'll keep that updated.

And the wait doesn't matter since I know a bunch of people who'd like to play PSO2 but don't feel like dealing with it if it's all in Japanese. Plus I'm not even playing it right now even though I could be so I don't care if I have to wait half a year really.

Quote Originally Posted by Drayk View Post
    This thread is sort of misleading, is it not?

Nothing on the website gives us any idea that they are actually going to share the servers with the JP.
    I can't see them sharing servers at all. Not unless they cut out most of the spoken dialogue, since recording voices and translating scripts is a time consuming process. The US servers are bound to be behind regardless, the issue is just how far behind they'll be, nobody wants to be waiting 3-4 months for something Japan already has. It'll be tough regardless, all we can do is hope they push the boat out for a change.

Quote Originally Posted by foreignreign View Post
    English because I like being able to actually read everything. "English patch" doesn't count because as far as I know that's still not "released" and who knows if they'll keep that updated.
    Add to it the possibility of getting banned for modifying files; will you spend any money and risk losing everything?