Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast
    Rappy & Chato Fan ^o^b CookieSundae's Avatar

Question What do you do when you're depressed or sad?

//Needs Advice

How do you manage it?

Thank you.

*note you can be "not serious to the thread too" [Can cheer me up]

My Lv. 100 FONewearl & Lv 100 HUMar<3 [My PSZ giftart for Jun ^o^b]
    Proud member of the Phantasy Star Zero Revival 2 group and the Leader of Team Chato!

Quote Originally Posted by CookieSundae View Post
    //Needs Advice

How do you manage it?

Thank you.

*note you can be "not serious to the thread too" [Can cheer me up]
    Play PSO2?

On a more serious note, maybe just go do something you want to do, take a walk... or talk to a friend, not really any experience in this but just some suggestions.

I've always used music to cope with depression, sadness, general crappiness. Either composing or just vegging out and listening to what works at the moment.

Listening to music that suits the mood is the answer sometimes, other times a better idea is to listen to more upbeat and uplifting/positive music.

Depending on your situation, just talking to someone can help as well. It really depends on the type of depression or sadness as well as the kind of person you are. You kinda gotta fiddle with all the options for a while until you find what works for you.

Cold as winter, guns of summer. Point and watch them run.
    Which PSO-W Member Are You?

whenever im feeling down i literally just sit down and play videogames until i cant feel feelings anymore.

this has worked flawlessly since childhood.

Eat, Masturbate, workout, or play games.

Same things I do when I'm bored.

"Brotherhood asked for no friendship, only loyalty. They stood back to back as the galaxy burned - always brothers, never friends; traitors together unto the last."

Take a long walk while listening to music. Or some form of exercise. Someone once told me something to the effect of "inner pain can be dealt with with a good dose of outer pain." I wish I could remember the full quote exactly.

I used to give people gifts when I was down, but I do that less these days. Making someone else's day better tends to make me feel better about myself. Egotism with a positive outcome, maybe.

Character ID: 中原小麦

Of course, this doesn't work if you're depressed because you don't have any money/job and can't afford a new suit. At which point, going to the zoo and flipping off the monkeys IS a good substitute.

On a more serious side, first I try to fix the problem if it is fixable. If that doesn't work, I try to just let it go and accept the conditions that lead to the depression. Buddhism has a certain kernel of truth to it in that suffering is largely caused by desperate attachment to the world, and the things and people in it you desire. Acknowledge they are fleeting, and accept their eventual loss. Find your center, understand the world around you, and "participate joyfully in all of the sorrows of life".

Failing that; 120 proof enlightenment via a good Kentucky bourbon whiskey. I recommend Bookers.

Feed men, and then ask of them virtue!

go find something you like to do. keep yourself occupy. i usually have a lot
    of things to keep me occupy that i dont even know what depress means.

but when i find myself too stress out or depress, i usually listen to some soft
    music or trance to keep my mind at ease. or sometime i keep myself busy and
    work on a new wallpaper. or sometime i just play a game. or sometime i just
    watch a funny anime (not drama or sad anime). or just go to sleep early and then
    next day, i'm feeling all better again.

if that doesnt work, pick a fight with someone on this forum and go all out! vent
    all your stress, be wild! after that, you'll find yourself having no more energy and
    you might forget about your depress side.

you can pick a fight with me. we'll go duke it out on my backyard. what you want?
    wrestling (i'm suck at it, but whatever)? kick me in the gut? punch me? i'll be there!
    heck, when i'm stress out, i post and talk so much that people wont even notice
    there is that side of me on this forum. so anyways, if you want a fight, i'm ON. i'll knock that
    silly depression of yours to the ground! let's do this!
    Last edited by Xefi; Jul 9, 2012 at 06:26 PM.

++++++----------"." Xe's Sanctuary 09/28/2016----------- Youtube's profile "."----------++++++
    wallies edited: 4500_|_G.O.L.D.E.N_|_sigs created: 1055

A castle clouded beyond the mist and rime, in the depths of your mind

For me...
    I cry a lot. I feel like it helps just getting it out and then I feel a little better after a while usually.
    Or if it's not quite that severe then I listen to music or muck about until I make something up on my own.
    (Or I do both of the above.)

And unless I'm feeling like isolating myself then talking to friends! Friends are good.
    Friends are great even! If they're great friends.
    Blah that sounded stupid. You know what I mean! <.<

If we're talking clinical depression talking to a shrink can be nice, if you can find a decent one you like. Especially if you don't have friends to rely on.

I don't know if any of that was helpful.
    Best wishes on your(?) troubles anyway!

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Inside View Post
    For me...
    I cry a lot. I feel like it helps just getting it out and then I feel a little better after a while usually.
    you're like my 22 years old little sister. she cries a lot too when she is depress.
    she is quite a cheery little girl most of the time though.

i'm quite the opposite. i dont cry. if anything, i'll just go outside and do my martial arts
    until i have no more energy left. all my vent and stress and depression out of the window
    just like that. in other words, i just release everything that i'm holding inside my body. all
    that anger, all that stress, all that emotion...i just want to release them all and go wild.
    and there's nothing to hold me back.

after all that, i feel really GOOD.

++++++----------"." Xe's Sanctuary 09/28/2016----------- Youtube's profile "."----------++++++
    wallies edited: 4500_|_G.O.L.D.E.N_|_sigs created: 1055