Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456

Quote Originally Posted by Sayara View Post
    I draw bad fan-art
    that's not BAD at all, dood. but i still like your turtle more. the one with the "hey daddy, do i look good in purple/pink" or something like that...i forgot.

++++++----------"." Xe's Sanctuary 09/28/2016----------- Youtube's profile "."----------++++++
    wallies edited: 4500_|_G.O.L.D.E.N_|_sigs created: 1055

I channel that negative energy into something creative and productive OR just drink and listen to music and fantasizing about myself dying. The first one is probably the better route, but you can't win em all

I pick up my copy of "Feeling Good" by David D. Burns, M.D. It's a great book on cognitive behavioral therapy, and it helps me recognize, isolate and deconstruct the distorted thoughts that are causing my depression. I really recommend it. When you can recognize the patterns of unhealthy thinking, you can help stop them in their tracks.

I also always call up a friend and schedule a lunch or dinner date. That is an instant upper. Getting out and socializing is a great way to lift your spirits, especially with a trusted friend.

Vaguely effeminite DS/Dice weilding Mac using Vamp Wyndham's Avatar

I have a mental disorder, and i take meds to help with depression. I still get depressed a lot, and I play videogames or fold origami to help.
    My sig disappeared.

Sleep
    Play video games
    Play guitar
    Make exotic drinks
    Lash out at everything that deserves it...

Oh yeah, and do some of the strangest things that come to mind.
    PSO-2 Info: Ship: 2; ID: セツナヤキ; MCN: ケイリン
    "If you want a bridge between past, present, and future, search for the void and awaken it!"

Quote Originally Posted by Sidney View Post
    I pick up my copy of "Feeling Good" by David D. Burns, M.D. It's a great book on cognitive behavioral therapy, and it helps me recognize, isolate and deconstruct the distorted thoughts that are causing my depression. I really recommend it. When you can recognize the patterns of unhealthy thinking, you can help stop them in their tracks.

I also always call up a friend and schedule a lunch or dinner date. That is an instant upper. Getting out and socializing is a great way to lift your spirits, especially with a trusted friend.
    I truly believe the benefits of CBT are amazing. It really helped me overcome my debilitating anxiety. Still have bouts of it sometimes, but not nearly what it was.

Calling a friend and laughing together is probably what helps me the most when depressed. When alone I tend to sink deeper, and need someone to yank me out from it.

For me, the best thing is talking to some kind of friend. Bad thing, quite a few times there's nobody I can really call. But whether it is in vocal communication or in person, it helps the most. Forums are often enough, not enough, since they aren't real-time so you don't expect an immediate answer.

I used to just be able to sink into my creative juices, write a story, compose a symphonic soundtrack, etc. But nowadays, I tend to also need someone else to help yank me out of it. Though I do remember one time, comedy shows really did help me out. There was one time I was pretty bad, but watching Bloopers of Fresh Prince of Bel Air really was the best medicine at the time.

I watched Carlton going out in an all out crying tantrum, on his knees, storming off the set while still on camera. He then proceeded to go through all kinds of "other sitcom" sets continuing on his tirade. That was probably one of the most hilarious things I ever saw on television in my life.

Still, back in the day, I had a lot more "acting" on my plate. That was very very good therapy for me. There's nothing like the ability to leave your problems off stage, step on, and just be the entertainer or another person for a while. I miss that. I guess, I get to relive a little bit of that in roleplay.

Though nowadays, I'm starting to get more into the "exercise" you way to a cooler day. Not just in any way. It has to be a trip for me. So I take a biking trip to a beautiful locale, and bike around the place like crazy. Usually doing a 10 mile or so. When you got woods and water, it sort of doubles as a sight-seeing tour, a place to watch colorful birds, and loads of trees and plantlife. I grew up in a wooded area, so I feel most at peace in that location.
    Last edited by Akaimizu; Jul 30, 2012 at 12:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shakuri View Post
    I come here.
    Dont lie, you get annoyed instead sad. And angry instead of depressed.

I would know.

I on the other hand, go for being awesome instead of sad/depressed. Or just sleep. aw yeah.
    Last edited by Jakosifer; Jul 30, 2012 at 01:09 PM.

Baking cookies with love, eat my love...gain more love and make more cookies.

Thanks to Vashyron =D!