Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 815161718

Quote Originally Posted by ttdestroy View Post
    Vita, I can already play PSO2 at home, why would I want 2 versions?

Honestly I don't understand(from a business aspect) why Sega chose the Vita, just not a whole lot of them in the hands of consumers. I like the Vita, but business wise, seems like a dumb idea.
    SEGA's throwing effort into Vita in general, so it's to be expected.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryo View Post
    Bold added for emphasis. The Wii U is being sold for less than the tech is worth. It's being sold at a loss (albeit a razor thin loss, but a loss nonetheless).

It seems to me that you really don't know much about the Wii U. I could accept your criticisms if they were at least well-informed.

Back on point though, how could PSO2 being on more platforms ever hurt it? It'd just bring more people to the game, thus extending its life. I don't really see a downside to a platform that's more than capable of running it (at least more than the Vita, at a minimum) being allowed to join in on the fun.

Also, with regard to exclusives, Nintendo consoles are the only consoles around that are guaranteed to have stellar exclusives.

Have you ever played a god-awful Zelda?

Me neither.
    I know its selling at a loss. The controller is what cause the loss. Its not the hardware. Having a giant tablet cost money. The tech is still outdated.

On to the zelda note while I havent ever played a good awful zelda. Nintendo ip's have become very boring. Zelda hasnt been original in ages. To me every 3d zelda is the same game and adding broke motion controls doesnt change that fact. Most people who've gotten to play twlight on GC vs Wii agree the GC version simply handles better. Skyward had some really hard control moments because the wiimote simply isnt sophisticated enough to handle some of the things they wanted to do even with the motion plus.

I love the GC but it had hardly any support. The last truly great thing was the snes.

Also the reasoning Im saying the Wii U version would be stupid is the install base is vastly larger on ps3/360. I know it cost for updates but, I honestly think it would be better on those systems because it would reach more people.

Quote Originally Posted by Clessy View Post
    Also the reasoning Im saying the Wii U version would be stupid is the install base is vastly larger on ps3/360. I know it cost for updates but, I honestly think it would be better on those systems because it would reach more people.
    The 360 would be a horrible idea, it would be PSU all over again, and the servers need to be separated the least possible. MS will not let cross server play, it happened with FFXI, but that was a very special case, as in SE would not back down and MS wanted it on the 360.

The WiiU supports HD graphics, idk about vita....besides i really dont see a comparison here. One is a console and the other a handheld device its all about what the buyer prefers. Although it would look alot better and run smoother on the wiiu than the vita, and possibly a computer (that is if you own a horrible computer lol). If it did come out on WiiU i would diffently pick it up, because of the online forums on there, as well as the online is getting better than xbox...so far I have enjoyed the wiiu more than the xbox simlpy because it runs smoother and faster, and it looks a crap load better graphic wise.

Quote Originally Posted by AfroTheGreat View Post
    The WiiU supports HD graphics, idk about vita....besides i really dont see a comparison here. One is a console and the other a handheld device its all about what the buyer prefers. Although it would look alot better and run smoother on the wiiu than the vita, and possibly a computer (that is if you own a horrible computer lol). If it did come out on WiiU i would diffently pick it up, because of the online forums on there, as well as the online is getting better than xbox...so far I have enjoyed the wiiu more than the xbox simlpy because it runs smoother and faster, and it looks a crap load better graphic wise.
    Wii U looks better than xbox? You damn well better be talking about the regular xbox.

Wii U looks better than xbox? You damn well better be talking about the regular xbox.
    I would not say it looks better per se, but it does look as good, and I have noticed games like Batman, Assassin's Creed, and Tekken Tag 2 do look a little better on Wii U. Now not leaps and bounds, but enough to see a small difference.

Considering it matches the capacity of late lifespan 360/PS3 games at launch, uh yeah, the Wii U is kind of better and only gets better from here.

I have a 360 since 2009 and i have loved it, but since i got the wiiu i quit playing my 360. The wiiu is still new and it hasnt got many games on it to push the graphics to the max.

I know its selling at a loss. The controller is what cause the loss. Its not the hardware. Having a giant tablet cost money. The tech is still outdated.

On to the zelda note while I havent ever played a good awful zelda. Nintendo ip's have become very boring. Zelda hasnt been original in ages. To me every 3d zelda is the same game and adding broke motion controls doesnt change that fact. Most people who've gotten to play twlight on GC vs Wii agree the GC version simply handles better. Skyward had some really hard control moments because the wiimote simply isnt sophisticated enough to handle some of the things they wanted to do even with the motion plus.

I love the GC but it had hardly any support. The last truly great thing was the snes.

You can't just exclude the controller when referring to the cost of the tech. Also, let's not forget that the Wii U is rendering the game image twice in many scenarios. I guarantee the Xbox 360 couldn't render ACIII twice and not run like molasses.

As far as originality, how original is Halo 4, or CoD BLOPS 2? Microsoft's games are far less imaginitive than Nintendo's, bar none. As for the Twilight Princess, I own both versions, and far prefer the Wii's controls, they were good for their time. Skyward Sword is, in my opinion, the best Zelda game to date and I had literally no issues with the controls.

I loved the SNES too, and I won't argue that it's Nintendo's best console, but the Wii was a fine console in its own right.

The install base is certainly there for other consoles over the Wii U for now, but the ability to provide a quality experience isn't. With MS and Sony making it difficult for the game to be updated it'd just spell bad news for the players.

Like it or not, from a home console perspective, Nintendo's model works best for MMOs.
    Last edited by Ryo; Dec 13, 2012 at 04:00 PM.

Rappy Hunter

actually its a genius move by sega to choose vita platform as this series has a history of doing well on handhelds (psp) and it will fill the void for monster hunter fans on vita.... I get frustrated with the lack of games in general but for me its a great sysytem and shouldnt be written off just yet

IMHO makes more sense having a vita pc combo than a wiiu pc combo for very obvious reasons...

also as far as I am aware one of the big attractions for sega was that sony has the least restrictive process with respect to allowing update of games by devs.