Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Grinding for me now is for 2 reasons:
    - Feed my mag all the hunter weapons
    - Sell to buy better equipment

Getting higher Tier equipment somehow is damn satisfying in this :P I'm well over equipped for my level I'm sure (at least quest progression wise)

But yea the best thing so far is speed runs on the City emergency for loot with others

Join me PSO2 Ship 9

Quote Originally Posted by RocSage View Post
    Why are you grinding alone? That's when you should play in a party. Client orders are the solo things.

In other words... "You're doing it Wrong"
    I think there should be something fun with purpose to do while i'm getting grinded. The focus on grinding shouldn't be so high. My level should be the last thing on my mind while i'm playing the game. I should be playing solely because of it's fun and engaging content. I have only found this in client orders so far. I consider Grinding for the sake of grinding as shallow gameplay that lacks substance. While I think there is a fundemental issue in pso2, I think the client orders have gave me good enough goals to progress.

If my way of playing is wrong and your way of playing is right, then pso2 seems to be a very shallow game, though I don't wanna believe that and think pso2 is still in a blooming process. Basically alot of issues can still be fine tuned and changed as they become more prominent. With all the content in the game, farming is very much encouraged so people that wanna rush towards the next area, are quickly going to join the grind missions (nab rappy hard/ cathadran hard and that final desert mission)

I understand client orders are just side things, but I believe they should be able to be done within parties as well, without them having to be endless grind manifests. This way everyone can enjoy each others company instead of having people get upset each time I finish the quests.

Quote Originally Posted by Somnia View Post
    I don't understand. I do my volcano and tundra client orders daily in multiparty because it's super fast. When you're done, you simply just leave the party and no one minds. I think multiparties are the best way to do these orders because they are just a grind anyway.

If you want to join parties to kill the boss, there are groups for that too. If you don't mind playing with the Japanese, if you see a party with Sランクボス周回 (S Rank Boss Runs) in the title, that maybe close to what you're looking for. Though, they do not slay every enemy along the way and completely ignore area one, we only kill just enough for S rank. These groups are everywhere in populated blocks outside of 20/21.

Koffee quests used to be plentiful to find parties on, but most players are beyond that point so you're behind the curve there. As for those odd orders like taking Alfin through Subdue Fongalf, well, you're on your own. I also recommend making friends if you wish to raise Clessida's likability, as not many people seem to be interested in her dailies.
    You're talking about collection client orders. What you are doing now is only look at your own gameplay style and forget the bigger picture. The title can say whatever, the problem is that alot of people's goals will clash instead of the game always encouraging the players to stick and work together. This was always the case in the old pso/u games so this is defenitly not a good thing. If it were in those games, I would have been able to collect, complete and finish my client order and at the same time help out the party getting to the goal at least everybody is forced to get to. In this game it's endless and you're unwanted if you even try to get to the real mission. They even kicked me out a gew times

There is a real fundemental issue in this game. I'm allready noticing people ignoring client orders and just farm their way to tundra, so all the other missions are close to empty in most blocks.

I think the gameplay you seek will be easier for you when the NA servers are launched, and English players aren't as shy so you can find like-minded players. But as it is now, there are already enough parties offering the gameplay that you seek. You probably just can't read the titles of games to know that!
    You see, I really think this is bs. This is ignoring the issue and make the best of it, which I respect when people decide to do that. I know it's not an issue to you, but it's still a issue from a gameplay standpoint, especially when it's a long going franchise with a good trackrecord. There shouldn't be need for communication to organize a good game. It should be as simple as joining a game, and have at least 1 clear goal that eventually has an end.(that doesn't involve running back and forth to grind)
    Last edited by Agitated_AT; Jul 11, 2012 at 01:25 PM.

What can I say, I enjoy hunting for codes more than going straight to the boss, it can result in pretty epic situations (like yesterday with 3 codes at once, one of them Duel).
    Maybe is because I was used to grinding for 3 hours in the same spot with the same monsters in FFXI, but in PSO2 the codes make grinding more varied and fun.

Also I got lucky finding awesome ppl in the other parties of the multiparty areas, and having fun with them talking and joking while grinding.
    Last edited by FerrPSO; Jul 11, 2012 at 01:33 PM.

It's getting boring ...

There's no content. I think i'm gonna stop and wait for us/euro release. Hoping when they do they also gives us everything the japanese version has already or i won't play it eather.

Quote Originally Posted by Agitated_AT View Post
    I think there should be something fun with purpose to do while i'm getting grinded. The focus on grinding shouldn't be so high. My level should be the last thing on my mind while i'm playing the game. I should be playing solely because of it's fun and engaging content. I have only found this in client orders so far. I consider Grinding for the sake of grinding as shallow gameplay that lacks substance. While I think there is a fundemental issue in pso2, I think the client orders have gave me good enough goals to progress.

If my way of playing is wrong and your way of playing is right, then pso2 seems to be a very shallow game, though I don't wanna believe that and think pso2 is still in a blooming process. Basically alot of issues can still be fine tuned and changed as they become more prominent. With all the content in the game, farming is very much encouraged so people that wanna rush towards the next area, are quickly going to join the grind missions (nab rappy hard/ cathadran hard and that final desert mission)

I understand client orders are just side things, but I believe they should be able to be done within parties as well, without them having to be endless grind manifests. This way everyone can enjoy each others company instead of having people get upset each time I finish the quests.
    They can be done in parties, just not all of them. Generally speaking you should be grinding and doing dailies and doing most things in a party.

There is only a few things that you should be doing as solo. And that is imo, the things that others would find annoying for you to be doing in a group. For example, me running around watching every event tablet is probably extremely annoying in a party so I shouldn't do it in a party. Doing a lot of low level runs quickly, probably shouldn't do that in a party either, but just about everything else, as long as you state what you're doing should be done in party, especially "grinding"

And yes if you ARE grinding, really grinding, not what people call grinding, then the game design is flawed. Grinding is when you are playing to gain levels to do something else. Any time you are not doing something else and gaining levels just because you are doing stuff then you are not "grinding." PSO for example is not grinding, even though people consider it grinding. In PSO people played to look for rares. They just happened to gain levels while they were doing that. in PSO2 lvl 20-30 is more or less just a grind because there is nothing to do and while you can hunt rares there isn't really anything that you would likely like to hunt due to there being higher level areas with better rares.

There shouldn't be need for communication to organize a good game. It should be as simple as joining a game, and have at least 1 clear goal that eventually has an end.(that doesn't involve running back and forth to grind)
    I gave you the solution to that already. If you want a single one clear goal that everyone shares, join a boss game just as I told you. The games exist around the clock, they are not only for Tundra, you just have to know how to find them. These are the closest games you'll get to what you want right now. Not everyone shares the same goal as you, and its possible that those who do want to play the same way as you are just as lost right now. If you want to join a party for a single client order everyone wants to complete, well, that's just tedious.

I'm sorry if you are looking for an experience like Forest to Falz runs where you slay every single last monster in every room, but that's been long gone since the day PSU launched. Those games were rare enough as it was during Blue Burst, you'd have to date back to the early Gamecube days to play that way. If that isn't what you are looking for, then please clearly state what your intentions are. I'm assuming that you have played a Phantasy Star Online (not Universe) game before; if not, then maybe PSO2 is just not something for you.
    Last edited by Somnia; Jul 11, 2012 at 01:54 PM.

Gate open!
    A place so far away yet so close at hand...

i think the dude just wants more content. People wouldn't have to grind in endless areas if there was something to accomplish from levels 20 - 30

Star Base. Where no turtle has gone before.

How is he doing it wrong? lol. If hes leveling effectively by himself I doubt hes doing it wrong.
    This grinding is exactly why I play alone. I join a multi-party in my own group, join in on the action for a while and then just go and complete the mission my self.

The only time I actually full out grinded in a multi-party was to get to 30. After that leveling was pointless to me. Now I'm just Leveling slow while doing orders, matterboard, and hunting for items.

What level are you, OP? Wouldn't mind playing with you.

My post sounded negative against grinding. Im not really against it. It just gets boring over long periods of time imo, but I effectively mix the MP grind and just completing a field alone.
    Last edited by Ranmo; Jul 11, 2012 at 02:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Somnia View Post
    I gave you the solution to that already. If you want a single one clear goal that everyone shares, join a boss game just as I told you. The games exist around the clock, they are not only for Tundra, you just have to know how to find them. These are the closest games you'll get to what you want right now. Not everyone shares the same goal as you, and its possible that those who do want to play the same way as you are just as lost right now.

I'm sorry if you are looking for an experience like Forest to Falz runs where you slay every single last monster in every room, but that's been long gone since the day PSU launched. Those games were rare enough as it was during Blue Burst, you'd have to date back to the early Gamecube days to play that way. If that isn't what you are looking for, then please clearly state what your intentions are. I'm assuming that you have played a Phantasy Star Online (not Universe) game before; if not, then maybe PSO2 is just not something for you.
    Since PSU launched? Are you sure because I think there was always a goal of getting to the end in those games too. You're giving me solutions around the issues, but I am more expressing how they should get rid of the issues. The japanese people have more saying in this but as of now the english community has really been quiet. The thread was really just to see how many others find issue in how PSO2 is built to encourage back and forth grind manifests, but if there are so little people finding issue with this, I am kind of surprised especially when it's guaranteed they are used to something else unless PSO2 is their first phantasy star game.

It's becoming prominent to even those who don't care, which is a good signal imo. Personally I hope the japanese community will notice themselves, or maybe better, sakai himself notices the flaw.

@Ranmo and Flame

I know there's the freedom of choosing how to play yourself. I had great runs with a friend where I would be checking every corner once and then progress to the next area. When I play with him, I love the game because he's accompanying me doing the same "non-boring" goal(and he enjoys it more that way too). But why restrict me to only play with friends instead? This is where freedom only causes clash. To every mission there should be something that forces players to reach the end imo. A time limit wouldn't do that so that's not a good idea. Otherwise I really think they should rethink the format alltogether.

I'm level 28 ranmo
    Last edited by Agitated_AT; Jul 11, 2012 at 03:22 PM.

AKA SilverCross/Pikachu Quatre52's Avatar

I'm fine either way, I'm there for the fun of playing and hanging out with some cool people. If we finish the mission, cool, if not, its still fun.

Really tho, you call something a "flaw" that really isn't. In the past games it was "encourages" to go to the end of a mission simply because there was no other option. Now we have an option to really run around and enjoy the whole area, explore every inch of a map, or simply kill stuff all night in one section, its like a truly endless "Endless Nightmare" run.
    Last edited by Quatre52; Jul 11, 2012 at 02:30 PM.