Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 916171819

Um. Just so you know, Sega has already confirmed that this was done by hackers. It was said in an announcement broadcast in-game.
    Ship 2

Yeah Dan Maku. I'm over it.

On the subject of the overall hacks, ship two seems to be nice and empty today.
    PSO2: Ship 2
    ID - psokid - level 40 HUcast
    CAST4LIFE

Quote Originally Posted by CastSoldierFan96 View Post
    Only a client side edit is being done and I'm trying to let people know to not freak out even more because someone was trying to make people think their credit cards are at risk. No one is hacking into the server and changing the NPC positions. Sometimes the server BELIEVES things the client sends it. It almost seems like every hack is server-side if we're going to look at it your way.
    I'm inclined to believe you're one of the hackers, because your logic is just appalling. That's not how MMOs work, you dunce. It's not like Hamachi, where one computer hosts all the other stuff in the network.

Servers for a game like this are much more complicated than you think - hell, even I don't know the FULL technicalities of how they work, only some of the core basics.

But I know enough to know that one or two rogue clients not on the Administrative network could influence an entire server without hacking into it.

The server "believes" that this is occurring because the client in question is sending packets of data to change the administrative network - something no normal user client has. To gain Administrative access, you either need to A)Steal a GM's account or client, or B)modify the server permissions to give you administrative access. Both are hacking, no matter how you look at it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Maku View Post
    Don't bother trying to argue with this dick. He's just gonna give you the same "client-side only derp" shpeel until he gets banned for trolling.
    Listen, Dan, I know you're mad and all, but I'm going to give you a heads up. Talking like that (flaming, etc) is very much against the rules. If anyone is going to be banned, it's going to be you, as your last three posts have been nothing but straight up rage-fueled attacks.

Please try to refrain from turning this topic into petty, name-calling nonsense because you don't agree with somebody.

Quote Originally Posted by Renvalt View Post
    The server "believes" that this is occurring because the client in question is sending packets of data to change the administrative network - something no normal user client has. To gain Administrative access, you either need to A)Steal a GM's account or client, or B)modify the server permissions to give you administrative access. Both are hacking, no matter how you look at it.
    No. Two regular users are doing thing because it is an exploit in which the server is getting updated positions of the NPCs from their clients because they changed it on their client. The problem is bad coding and that is how this exploit was found. There is no administrative access or server permissions being edited. I don't know why you cannot understand this.

Block 20 is emptyyyyyyy

PSO2-JP: Ship 2; Bouncer/Braver, Tiana Cross.

For the people arguing, SEGA already said it was hackers, there's chat logs of dumb people already admitting to it. FFS.

/closetopic
    "Blade" M Beast Fighmaster of "Ten Star V" from Xbox 360 PSU.

http://www.youtube.com/user/xBladeM6x

Quote Originally Posted by Garnet_Moon View Post
    Block 20 is emptyyyyyyy
    Party in block 20!
    PSO2: Ship 2
    ID - psokid - level 40 HUcast
    CAST4LIFE

Ok everybody, let's agree to disagree about how the hacking/glitching happened. SoJ is informed & hopefully they'll do something soon.
    Now, no need to get all nasty with each other - Not worth being banned for it.
    Blink & you might miss it! ;3

Oh, keep sig at 600x180 px & 49KB, yah?