Page 1 of 15 123411 ... LastLast

Default 75 Account banned so far, and Sega respond to Ship 2 Hacking incident.

Generally, the best source of information currently from Sega is Sega PSO2's twitter
    https://twitter.com/sega_pso2

3 Hr ago
    【Ship02での不正行為について】現在、Ship02の一部ブロックにおいて、アークス・ロビー内のN PCの位置を変更するという不正行為が確認されており、対応策を検討中です。ご迷惑をおかけし申し訳ござい ません。

We are aware of certain block in Ship 2 having NPC maliciously misplaced, and are working on a counter measure, we apologize for the inconvience

2 HR ago
    【Ship02での不正行為について2】NPCの位置を変更するという不正行為については現在調査中ですが 、この不正行為によりお客様のプレイデータに悪影響が及んだり、個人情報等が漏えいしたりすることはありま せんのでご安心ください

We are still investigating the NPC positon change, there is no threat to your ingame data or personal information, please don't worry.

2 Hr ago
    【悪質行為によるアカウント利用停止措置について】2012/6/21(木)~7/12(木)の期間、利用約款違反のアカウント75件に利用停止措置を実施いたしました。今後も悪質行為に対 しては厳正な対処を行います

PSA on Malicious Account activity
    75 Account have been banned since 06/21~07/12 due to RMT, or other Term of Service violation, Sega takes these violation very seriously, and will deal with them strictly.

User are informed to report wicked user through the web form
    https://ssl.pso2.jp/players/support/...ode=wickeduser

Official Announcement
    http://pso2.jp/players/news/?id=209

【悪質行為によるアカウント利用停止措置について】2012/6/21(木)~7/12(木)の期間、利用約款違反のアカウント75件に利用停止措置を実施いたしました。今後も悪質行為に対 しては厳正な対処を行います。 

Newest Statement from Sega
    【Ship02での不正行為について3】現在原因を特定し修正を行っております。明日7/13臨時メンテナンスを行う予定です。Ship09においても同様の現象が発生している模様です。誠に申し 訳ございませんが今しばらくお待ちください。

Emergency Maitance tomorrow to address the moving NPC Hack/Exploit.
    As it has also happened on Ship 09
    Sega again apologize for any inconvience this will cause.

So far, no evidence have shown that it was Japanese player that orchestrated this incident, and it's not just Block 20 that was hacked, Block 2, 4 and a few other was also.
    The people that did the hacking and claim responsibility type in English that is very easy to understand, and stated their reasoning as Sega not fixing/patching mistake they told Sega about, and this incident is a stunt by them to get Sega to address it.

Here's the chat log from other player present

A: force sega to patch
    A: they didnt care when we moved people
    A: now they have to care
    B: we've been at it since closed beta, sega haven't done anything to stop it yet
    B: /la sit2
    C: we should invade blocks 1-5 one day during peak jp times. and let them know how pissed we are
    A: we dont do anything to harm you
    C: that servers wont be global...
    B: we've been moving people behind the window for quite some time now, sega did nothing about it
    C: yeah well they need to learn a lesson in busiess
    C: not tell people to not play the game
    C: thats just bad pratice...
    C: a strategy would involve them actually caring about getting money from us
    C: in fact its not a stategy at all
    C: no i never said they need to learn a lesson i said other businesses dont do @#!@ like that
    C: how would nike ever gotten anywhere if its advertisement said

It's now also happened to Ship 9 block 20

And Ship 7
    Last edited by Sizustar; Jul 12, 2012 at 07:52 AM.

Glad they're doing something about it.

And yet Valhyse, who is apparently one of the people moving the NPCs, is still running around. I just saw him quite literally 10 seconds ago. So, SEGA isn't doing enough.

The accounts were banned. What stops the hackers from simply making another account?

Quote Originally Posted by girugamarc View Post
    The accounts were banned. What stops the hackers from simply making another account?
    IP-bans, I reckon.

WTG Sega. At least they did something.

I still think thats funny though how they did that.

死にてぇ奴だけ, かかってこい!! TetsuyaHikari's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BIG OLAF View Post
    And yet Valhyse, who is apparently one of the people moving the NPCs, is still running around. I just saw him quite literally 10 seconds ago. So, SEGA isn't doing enough.
    Well, they did say 75 accounts had been banned, so maybe he'll be the 76th. After all, Rome wasn't built in a day. Give it a time.

We'll stomp them out one by one if that's what it takes.

Hackers=Sadists, PSO/SEGA=Masochists? Maybe, only time will tell.

Everything can be divided to Sadism or Masochism.

At least this is a timely response. If this is was on the NA/EU server, something tells me they wouldn't bother.