Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Bosses/Why do you play?

So when I found out that PSO2 doesn't have PVP, my face was like this

Then I found out after I googled(I've played PSO,PSP, but I never really got >FAR< so I don't really know what the core gameplay of the franchise os about -_-) for some info that PS games focuses on co-op and fighting against the "environment"(yeah I don't really know another word to use, lmao) And then I realized that Monster Hunter didn't have PVP, but it was really fun. Fighting big badass monsters that were REALLY challenging, and playing with others was a plus, via x-link kai or AHP.

Anyways to the point:

1)How many bosses are there? Are they challenging?
    ^Pretty much the only thing I'm looking forward to, hope they add more bosses.
    2)For what reason do you play PSO2?
    ^To try out a new game, play a Japanese game, hang out with the Japanese? LOL.
    Last edited by Yakatsugi; Jul 12, 2012 at 02:01 PM.

PSO Ver. 2 had battle mode but it wasn't that great if you ask me but I'm sure there are others who found much joy in it.

PSO2 is a PvE game. There really is no need for PvP. It's a social game But I'm sure they will add in a battle mode, just give it time.

I know it's a PvE, could you give me examples though?

Haven't gone far into the game myself, lvl 6. Just want to know what I should expect before I go on further.

Quote Originally Posted by Thermalwolf View Post
    PSO2 is a PvE game. There really is no need for PvP. It's a social game But I'm sure they will add in a battle mode, just give it time.
    I need pvp to keep me interested in a game after I clear the pve content.

PvP doesn't really work in PSO2 because of how different the classes are. For example, a ranger would almost always beat a hunter, because a ranger can shoot the hell out of them before they even get close.

It's all about using your differences to work together.

As of the 17th, there will be about.. 9 bosses I think? They can be quite difficult, depending on your level. Again, it's a team based game, so that all depends on who you're playing with.

^This(2nd post up lmao), I get the impression that PSO is different from other MMO. But it's just a vague feeling/assumption with no backing, that's why I'm asking just what said PvE is actually about. I know what PvE means, Player VS environment, you fight against the computer, co-op is thrown in, you play and have fun with friends. Is that all? What else is there?

edit: You think the upcoming patch's gonna be big?

Quote Originally Posted by ScottyMango View Post
    PvP doesn't really work in PSO2 because of how different the classes are. For example, a ranger would almost always beat a hunter, because a ranger can shoot the hell out of them before they even get close.

It's all about using your differences to work together.

As of the 17th, there will be about.. 9 bosses I think? They can be quite difficult, depending on your level. Again, it's a team based game, so that all depends on who you're playing with.
    Depends. HUmars were by far the best and most often used class in PvP in PSO...

Last time I checked, if you tried to bring a HUmar into a battle in PSO, you would immediately get Grantz spammed from the next room over.

lolpsopvp

Anywoo the bosses aren't exactly hard but I personally find them all to be fun to battle. As for why I play it's cause I'm addicted man

Quote Originally Posted by ScottyMango View Post
    Last time I checked, if you tried to bring a HUmar into a battle in PSO, you would immediately get Grantz spammed from the next room over.
    Anybody who was anybody in PvP only did B-6.

You couldn't use grants in B-6.