Page 30 of 43 FirstFirst ... 202728293031323340 ... LastLast

We've got some PhD's in this thread, yo.

Quote Originally Posted by BIG OLAF View Post
    That is some of the dumbest shit I've ever read.
    Not really since autistic people are generally more intelligent and are usually at home with technology and virtual environs which has led many scientists the believe that is why autism is just adaptation.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfgrey666 View Post
    Autistic or not, your comment reeked of ignorance.

Anyway i dont see US/EU PSO2 kicking off well at all.

1.Most games that enter the MMO market over here end up with low player bases due to over saturation(sure not all but quite a few)

2.Far too long away.Quite a few that are interested will simply join the jp version while others have other games to play.Might take a glance at release but most probably won't.

3.PSU's mega failure in the US gave the PS series a bad image out here.Luckily for many like me,PSO was a wonderful experience.But that still might not bring many.

4.It's done by Sega.Lets face it, they aren't the brightest.
    What you fail to see here, is unlike every other PSO/PSU game that has come over from Japan, to NA/EU, is you HAD to pay for a hunters license, also known as a monthly fee. This is what drove the majority of players away from their games, why should players pay for something that's "Beatable" it just doesn't make sense, to pay for a game you can beat. This is also why mmorpg's have annual/monthly fee's, because their games are not "Beatable". Sure you could say you've achieved max level, gotten the best "gear", etc, etc. But an mmorpg can't truly be beaten. Where as PSO/PSOBB/PSU, all have an end to the game. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying it's a bad thing, just trying to make a point.

PSO2 I think will kick off very well in North America/ Europe, solely, due to the fact that it will be free to play. No longer will players be paying for PSO any longer, unless of course they want cosmetic costumes and such, but that is due to their own free will, and choice.

Had it not been for me being a fan of PSO, I wouldn't have even considered trying to figure out how to translate the game, find websites, etc, and going through all the trouble just to play a game. But seeing as I happen to love PSO, I did. And this is the way you should consider how others think too. A lot of people enjoy PSO, however, they're just not willing to go to the extent players like us have went to, just to play a game. They're not willing to spend the 10-20 minutes to search for how to use something, and or figure stuff out on their own. Playing games in foreign languages only upsets, and frustrates a good majority of anyone who plays games. A prime example of this would be my friend. He said no matter what, he'd never play PSO2 in Japanese, and that he'd rather wait for an English patch, and or the NA version to come out. Luckily, me and my other friend convinced him to come along, and we're pretty much doing all the work for him with translations.

Honestly, the censorship won't be a problem at all here in NA. The Japanese version is out now, and if simply copy a few files from the data (Should Sega use censorship, I highly doubt it though), the files and simply be copy, and pasted to form a "Skin Mod".

Anyways, with PSO2 being free to play, I am sure they'll have no lack of players when the NA version releases.

Quote Originally Posted by RocSage View Post
    Not really since autistic people are generally more intelligent and are usually at home with technology and virtual environs which has led many scientists the believe that is why autism is just adaptation.
    No, that's dumb shit.

Autism can be considered an illness, and the cause is related to heavy metal poisoning. Metals which are often found in vaccines, funny enough. It makes them unablee to grasp some concepts, but for the most part they're normal people. Now that it's the new umbrella diagnosis for everyone who just maybe doesn't get out enough and weigh as much as an S.U.V. and likes to think they are good at computers because they can use Twitter.

And then there's every other thing under the Autism spectrum, like Aspergers! I got told I had that, and honestly, I still think it was a mistake.

Quote Originally Posted by Peejay View Post
    Autism can be considered an illness, and the cause is related to heavy metal poisoning. Metals which are often found in vaccines, funny enough. It makes them unablee to grasp some concepts, but for the most part they're normal people. Now that it's the new umbrella diagnosis for everyone who just maybe doesn't get out enough and weigh as much as an S.U.V. and likes to think they are good at computers because they can use Twitter.

And then there's every other thing under the Autism spectrum, like Aspergers! I got told I had that, and honestly, I still think it was a mistake.
    *bangs head*
    That is anti-vaxer nonsense which has been proven to be wrong over and over again.

Open this thread for the first time in a few days, read the last couple of posts...

Holy shit what in the FUCK are you guys talking about ahahhaha

Quote Originally Posted by Scrub View Post
    Open this thread for the first time in a few days, read the last couple of posts...

Cheeseburgers

Quote Originally Posted by Scrub View Post

RocSage trying to be a know-it-all as per usual, and general tomfuckery.

Quote Originally Posted by BIG OLAF View Post
    RocSage trying to be a know-it-all as per usual, and general tomfuckery.
    Think I'm starting to, y'know, not hate you again. I forgot why to begin with, though. Oh well.

Back on topic, is there any way we can point out some legal loopholes to Sakai and company to get PSO2 out of SoA's hands and into SoJ's, or something of the sort?

Consider that Sega still publishes games, giving it a lot of potential to not be such a headache.