Page 19 of 43 FirstFirst ... 91617181920212229 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowDragon28 View Post
    I think the reason for not having "global" or linked servers, mainly comes down to US and EU laws regarding gambling/lottery tickets and players (customers) under 18 yrs old that may or may not be allowed to legally gamble by way fo the virtual slot-machine/lottery ticket that is the "Ark's Scratch".

Also, Promotional items that are from specific Anime/Fast Food Chain IP's/Etc that SoA does not have legal permission to have in the US version. (example: **if*** PSO 2 has a Colonel Sanders suit and Pizza Hut Card/Talis those will not be available in the US version).
    The Japan centered Lobby THemed events/items (or other "cultural differences") is a really weak reason for Sakai to site for needing "a US version" IMO.

I and I'm sure many others wouldn't mind those cultural elements being kept in the game. PSO had White Day Event and quest, so other than a few xenophobic US/EU players whining I don't see what the issue is with "cultural referenced content".. *sigh*

So this *could mean* the US version *might* not have Yukata's, and the Hatsumatsuri (summertime festival) themed items.. which IMO would be stupid.
    Yeah I really hate how politician will go "It's illegal or that looks like a little girl, LAW SUIT!!!!!!" like our laws are universal or something. This is why sometimes I despise being American. Such a sad country we live in anymore :/

The James Franco of PSO2 NoiseHERO's Avatar

That is another thing...

if our version doesn't have this subscription AND gacha stuff going on even though JP DOES (similar to PSU) I could imagine JP players going all

"WTF IZ DIS SHEET ENGLISH PLAYERS DON'T HAVE TO PAY FOR PREMIUM AND WE SHARE THE SAME SERVERS??"

AYY. All you nillas days is numbered.

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowDragon28 View Post
    I think the reason for not having "global" or linked servers, mainly comes down to US and EU laws regarding gambling/lottery tickets and players (customers) under 18 yrs old that may or may not be allowed to legally gamble by way fo the virtual slot-machine/lottery ticket that is the "Ark's Scratch".
    well actually this part doesn't matter at all. Plenty of NA/EU localized versions of MMOs keep these kinds of systems, there was one that I used to play where the NA version was actually the FIRST to get this system.

And really people, you shouldn't base your decision completely on how well SoA did in the past. I've seen worse companies have huge turnarounds before so why can't SoA? And if you think being a few months behind JP is bad, you must have not played many MMOs considering most MMOs are like this or even further behind when you compare the NA and original version, and you don't see many of those games' players that know it complaining about it do you?

I'm probably gonna play NA, and if SoA doesn't have a turnaround and does terrible with the english release, I'm just gonna play on both.

As long as SoA comes out and admits that their service throughout PSU's duration was unsatisfactory and that they're willing to change... I'm willing to believe them.

I'd to see some pressure put on them.

Quote Originally Posted by Angelo View Post
    As long as SoA comes out and admits that their service throughout PSU's duration was unsatisfactory
    Don't hold your breath.

PSO2-JP: Ship 2; Bouncer/Braver, Tiana Cross.

I've been playing since Alpha-2, but I'm still going to make the jump to the English version when it comes out. Being able to read everything will be nice.

But I'm keeping my JP character, and at the first sign of a multi-month delay on content on the EN version, I'm out. This is absolutely the last chance I'm giving divided servers.

SOA (well, at least Edward) pretty much came out and said they knew that they weren't good enough with PSU and wanted to put it right with PSO2.
    Ship 10, Block 20.

~Kurama (HUnewearl)

Quote Originally Posted by Zari View Post
    And if you think being a few months behind JP is bad, you must have not played many MMOs considering most MMOs are like this or even further behind when you compare the NA and original version, and you don't see many of those games' players that know it complaining about it do you?
    I feel the need to point out that they DO complain about it.

LOUDLY.

Just go look... well, anywhere that talks about NA Aion, for one.

The supposive Gaijin Hero EvilMag's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Angelo View Post
    As long as SoA comes out and admits that their service throughout PSU's duration was unsatisfactory and that they're willing to change... I'm willing to believe them.

I'd to see some pressure put on them.
    Didn't they say something like that for BB?
    Quote Originally Posted by CelestialBlade View Post
    Bit off-topic, but I'm just sick and tired of "difficulty" meaning "stat boosts". It's lazy and boring.

Quote Originally Posted by Vashyron View Post
    Watch the completion scratch system be back in the NA/EU version.
    Fixed. Last time I hear Canada is not United States of America. In addition, include Central and South America to the mix.
    Japanese PSO2 Character
    Aliyah Tulumba Hunter