Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Scrub View Post
    OH YEAH I also remember hanging around #psow sometimes!!! I'm pretty sure everyone there barely tolerated me and to be honest I can't think of why I wasn't just banned from the place haha!
    cuz we liked you. You butt

"It looks cool this way, let's stop."

I guess I was around 15 or so when I first signed up for PSOW. I had been checking the website before I became a member and would print out item lists for different section IDs... I remember that much. I was an emotionally volatile teenager who liked to complain and would tend to become sad about pretty much anything. I also frequented the IRC chat room when it was around.

Compared to where I am now, I have gone from a kid who didn't care or think about where he would go to a much more motivated person. Direction is always questionable, but that's because now I feel there are too many things to be interested in as opposed to not being interested in anything whatsoever.

I first found PSOW back when I was playing Ep I+II offline on my gamecube. Used it for BB too, and finally joined up around PSU's launch I think... might have been during my time on BB, don't remember.

Was back in high school for me. Personality-wise, I've definitely matured since then .

I wonder how many of us lurked around for years using the database before we joined up?
    Coming Soon!

When I made my 1st account here in April of 2001, it wasn't long after I had received a Dreamcast along with PSOv1 for my 20th birthday. I'd just started a new job a few days before said birthday. Many times I thought "Maaaan! Why couldn't have this come BEFORE the job??" I was still pretty new to online games back then. I'd played stuff like Diablo 2 before that, but it didn't stick with me like PSO did. I just thought it would be something to do until FFXI came along since I was hyped for that game like so many. I was also very anti-social and would blow off doing things with my family to play video games. I don't do that quite as much these days though.
    That account would be banned from here for posting the infamous "boss trick" from GC PSO in 2003.

I met quite a few wonderful people on PSO from DCv1 to Blue Burst. Some I still hear from today, but others I'm left wondering what happened to them.

I made this account in 2006 before the PSU closed beta. I was 25 then and was approaching year #2 with my girlfriend at the time. We would break up a few months later, in fact not long after PSU came out in Japan. I'd like to think that PSU helped me through the months following the dissolution of said relationship.

PSO would also help me get through the loss of my grandfather toward the end of 2002 and my grandmother in the summer of 2003. FFXI would serve the same purpose after my mom passed away in 2010.

Nowadays, I don't take stuff for granted as much as before and am more grateful for the friends/family in my life.
    Zeota - Ship 2 (JP)
    http://twitch.tv/zeomantic

I was 15 (nearly 16) and am now nearly 25. I hung out mostly in FKL, hence the 4200+ posts there apparently. Wrote a few condescending guides, was mostly a jerk, and a dumb teenager. Now I no longer play PSO, have evolved from jerk to prankster (jerk), and have upgraded from merely dumb to the realization I'm now mostly just ignorant. Thankfully, ignorance can be cured with reading. Or, at the very least, it can be worn down a bit. In a burst (of many years) of hilariousness, entering my 5th year of university for a four year degree, I'm finally going back to doing what I had wanted to do from as far back as when I joined. (Japanese major, I'm a masochist, deal with it) Lesson learned there, if you love something don't do something else just because it sounds like it could be more lucrative.

On a much older account that was originally my dad's (we shared)...

I was like...8 years old and probably in 2nd or 3rd grade. I played PSO GC with my parents on weekends then once PSOBB released, I probably played for 2-3 hours a day for a year or so. Being the kid I was, any forum posts I made were probably horribly written, and I probably was a total idiot about it anyway. I also loved drawing all things PSO and still have a Rappy poster I drew a few years ago in my room.

Now I am 16 taking 3 AP classes and juggling online classes too this fall. Still really into art, and am planning to go into illustration as a major. Pretty obviously, my grammar and personality has probably evolved passed that of an 8 year old (OR SO I WOULD LIKE TO BELIEVE~).

I joined to assist posting Japanese update information for Phantasy Star Universe(so we knew what to look forward to), I actually saw some of my threads back in my history. Amazing how long ago that was. I used to help the main PSU site all the time, but I got banned along a thread where if you took part of a huge quote pyramid, you got banned. I didn't see that post, so yeah :/ then I made another account for the Off-topic section in disguise. Typed completely different so no one even knew.

Then I quit and got bored of that place and stayed here exclusively, mainly in Off-Topic. Now I browse PSO2 to prepare for that coming next year. I did leave this site for about a year or two. I forgot my password until I randomly guessed it right. I missed this place and the crowd.
    ID: Haseyo FO
    Character: Roll Caskett | Ship: 02
    Character: Hsien-Ko | Ship: 02

I joined around 2003 but I could have sworn I was younger then 17 when I joined, just seems so long ago. My main reason for joining was because the original PSO Message boards I use to hang out at kinda died out, Ah-king.com, Ragol.net, The Arcade aka Shoties. I was starting to get into fanart and wanted to show it off. Back then I remember they had community spotlights and fan art spotlights which I thought was pretty cool. Anyway, I was never really that active on these boards but it was definitely the place to be to get the scoops and rumors on PSO. I still remember some of the memorable players on PSO like the noble hacker Barubary, the GET WITH SSJ clan, Ryu20, and various other personalities. I remember .hack was kinda big at the time as it was just coming out. Met and played with some really cool folks here. I was all about C-Mode at the time.

In real life, I was a Junior in high school and working at a Pizzeria which I didn't realize I would continue to work for until I was 24. I was taking ROTC classes in high school and was entertaining the thoughts of joining the Marines out of high school. Ended up majoring in Liberal Arts/ Education and was paying my own way through school. Since I had the worst working hours I would spend most of my free time nerding out with books, drawing and games, since no one ever wanted to go out on my days off. (Monday and Tuesday) Pretty much killed my social life. I remember always being mad for no reason and being so tired during the day and never being able to sleep at night. In fact I ended up over 100 absent days of school cause I would wake up late and rather then be late, just not show up. Was still make C and B's though. I was a huge ass punk.

I sometimes regret not joining the Corp when I was that young, but then wonder if I'd have the mental fortitude and drive to get done the things I've already accomplished if I'd had join back then. As I know I didn't have the resolve back then as I do now. I don't have as much free time to nerd out as I use to, but I still nerd out plenty enough and actually have a social life now. Feel like i'm still the same person, just not as much of a bitch.

Really looking forward to building my new Laptop so I can get back into the community in 2013 when PSO2 drops. Hopefully I'll be more active then my occasional facetious, hyperbole comments.
    Last edited by AC9breaker; Jul 13, 2012 at 08:42 PM.

"Brotherhood asked for no friendship, only loyalty. They stood back to back as the galaxy burned - always brothers, never friends; traitors together unto the last."

Quote Originally Posted by AC9breaker View Post
    I joined around 2003 but I could have sworn I was younger then 17 when I joined, just seems so long ago. My main reason for joining was because the original PSO Message boards I use to hang out at kinda died out, Ah-king.com, Ragol.net, The Arcade aka Shoties. I was starting to get into fanart and wanted to show it off. Back then I remember they had community spotlights and fan art spotlights which I thought was pretty cool. Anyway, I was never really that active on these boards but it was definitely the place to be to get the scoops and rumors on PSO. I still remember some of the memorable players on PSO like the noble hacker Barubary, the GET WITH SSJ clan, Ryu20, and various other personalities. I remember .hack was kinda big at the time as it was just coming out. Met and played with some really cool folks here. I was all about C-Mode at the time.
    Oh man! Ah-King and them were on the ball in terms of PSO GC updates! Good times! I remember Shotie's boards but joined there somewhat late. I remember she was married to some guy named Darth-Meowth I think. They had a son together (who's about 12 or 13 now I think) if I remember right.

You're right that PSO had its share of characters alright. So many good/bad/WTF memories over the years.
    Zeota - Ship 2 (JP)
    http://twitch.tv/zeomantic

I just joined this year, but back in about 2005, I probably had PSO-W open 24/7 on my browser as a reference (I just didn't know what forums were!)
    I'll go by that time frame.

I had just graduated high school and was totally stuck on myself. I'd go to work at a fast food restaurant and think I was hot shit with all the female employees (I wasn't), then I'd come home and play PSO. Offline and RAcast, of course.