Page 24 of 25 FirstFirst ... 142122232425 LastLast
    Hit the beat, you beat! Vintasticvin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Thermalwolf View Post
    Really man come on....
    I am comming on Wolfy and this thread didnt even had a chance. I know you had good intentions but we all need to stop fighting each other! They wanna play on japans region let'm you and me wanna play regional thats greāt! But Im gonna be a good guy and stand down from this thread and leave a video for the pso2 side of the forums
    YouTube - Smash Mouth - Why Can't We Be Friends

Quote Originally Posted by Thermalwolf View Post
    EDIT: Actually nevermind, mods are gonna do what there gonna do, but I do need one of them flame extinguishers!!!!

Also 50+ signatures reached woot!

Also I went back to reread how a lot of the posts and I wanna apologize about one thing I did say but to also make sense of what I meant. Back in the first few pages I said your not a real fan if you don't try. I meant you're not a real fan if you don't try to stand up to the company to let them know how you feel. Again that is still wrong and well, left a massive bulls-eye on my e-forehead. That was wrong of me, I was venting because nobody was taking me seriously and mocking me, and I targeted everyone when I should've kept it at those targeting me. I have no right to judge who's a fan and who isn't. I was dead wrong. I'm not being forced into this or the such, I really do mean what I say when I say I am sorry.
    Um, actually, I don't think it was just that. I think you'd have less pages full of flames if you had ignored all the posts that were just plain rude or intended to troll (like the second post, for example).

I really liked your first post (before your....revisions) and thought that you were really brave for putting an idea out there, especially a petition, and I really respected you for it.

Your idea and your attempt was respectable, but the way you went about "encouraging" others wasn't the best.. You attract more bees with honey than vinegar, yes? ^_^;;

Quote Originally Posted by Amoramora View Post
    Um, actually, I don't think it was just that. I think you'd have less pages full of flames if you had ignored all the posts that were just plain rude or intended to troll (like the second post, for example).

I really liked your first post (before your....revisions) and thought that you were really brave for putting an idea out there, especially a petition, and I really respected you for it.

Your idea and your attempt was respectable, but the way you went about "encouraging" others wasn't the best.. You attract more bees with honey than vinegar, yes? ^_^;;
    I thank you for that respect! Alas though as much as I wanna continue to be as upfront as I can about things like I was at first, most people just take toooo much offense... I would love to have kept my original post the way it was, but it's just gonna keep bringing in the trolls and the haters, so I'm gonna have to keep it dumbed down for the sake of the thread, I don't want it closed, and I'm sure it's getting border lined to being shutdown thanks to all the hate

But it means a lot to finally hear that, really makes me wish I had not of changed it!

Also I'm off for the night then. Mind on drama overload........ Thanks again for the support ladies and gents and I'll see you in the AM
    Last edited by Thermalwolf; Jul 15, 2012 at 12:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BahnKnakyu View Post
    Tried it anyway. Doubt it will help but it's better than sitting here trolling the topic like some douchebags are.
    heh yeah that's why I signed it, I honestly do not care for petitions or the like, but hell it wont hurt, took me 5 seconds. I will say that people seem to think there are legit reasons why the servers can not all be one, and there really are not. Besides I am not assuming that Sega will F this up, I am leaving heavy towards they will, based off past actions.

Quote Originally Posted by Amoramora View Post

This pic says it all.

Spoiler!

Wow...i mean, yeah for trying to get a petition but honestly, SEGA will not listen to us. Half the US players will just go to the JPN servers. the other half will try it out before they release, it's sucks because JPN gets all the good stuff. PSO 2 US is already dead. SEGA has no love for us.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyrusnagisa View Post
    I will say that people seem to think there are legit reasons why the servers can not all be one, and there really are not.
    Yeah, there kind of are. It has to do with promotional tie-ins and the licensing of content for cross-overs across territorial boundaries. I'll cut & paste DeviFoxx's response in a similar petition thread since it's pretty much spot on and explains the issue better than I could.

Hope you don't mind Devi,
    Spoiler!

In short, copyright restrictions cause a LOT of red-tape and may involve dozens of companies, and it's excessive financial burdens that Sega doesn't need when it comes to trying to manage and support their online titles. These sorts of tie-ins/cross-promotional deals are (if PSP2i is any indication) going to be a major way in which Sega encourages extra sales through their AC cash-shop.

Yeah, it technically could be done... but it's going to create so much extra expenditures and effort to do it, with minimal returns, that I don't blame Sega for not wanting to bother. Secondly, even if the servers were merged, Sega may still have to resort to using placeholders and generic models to "swap out" content that they don't have the right to distribute to western territories. Or it would just be cut altogether, since it wouldn't generate much in sales being generic crap. In either case it equates to the same scenario... the JP players getting a bunch of content that US/EU players can't access.

Feed men, and then ask of them virtue!

Vulcan Taint Pincher moorebounce's Avatar

Sorry bud I won't put all my info on that petition.
    PSO2 JP Ship 2 Jazmin - HUcaseal - Team: Paranoia-Gaming
    PSO2 NA Ship 3 Orro Munroe HUcaseal - Team: Dark Alliance

Quote Originally Posted by Deja View Post
    It seems as though they can't merge them because of censorship issues, country codes, etc., so a petition won't really get us anywhere. The internet was a different place back when PSO came out, but nowadays things are policed differently.

I really want to play this game in English, and on a server that won't be 20 years behind the Japanese, but that won't come true, I fear...
    FF14 1.0 and 2.0 are both global server, so I think they can do it, there must be a way at least if they try to.

Inside, I actually think that SEGA just want to make another split server so that it will draw hacker attention away from JP server into the new English one.

"ARIKAー戦隊, 参上!!" (click it!)
    Arika     @US server | Arika-chan @JP server