Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 1522232425

Quote Originally Posted by moorebounce View Post
    Sorry bud I won't put all my info on that petition.
    this, it just screamed "PHISHING" at me+^_^+

Quote Originally Posted by Chik'Tikka View Post
    how does one sign this petition without entering e-mails and other personal stuff???+^_^+
    seems pretty fascist to want my so much of my info for something so simple...

Quote Originally Posted by Sinue_v2 View Post
    Yeah, there kind of are. It has to do with promotional tie-ins and the licensing of content for cross-overs across territorial boundaries. I'll cut & paste DeviFoxx's response in a similar petition thread since it's pretty much spot on and explains the issue better than I could.

Hope you don't mind Devi,
    Spoiler!

In short, copyright restrictions cause a LOT of red-tape and may involve dozens of companies, and it's excessive financial burdens that Sega doesn't need when it comes to trying to manage and support their online titles. These sorts of tie-ins/cross-promotional deals are (if PSP2i is any indication) going to be a major way in which Sega encourages extra sales through their AC cash-shop.

Yeah, it technically could be done... but it's going to create so much extra expenditures and effort to do it, with minimal returns, that I don't blame Sega for not wanting to bother. Secondly, even if the servers were merged, Sega may still have to resort to using placeholders and generic models to "swap out" content that they don't have the right to distribute to western territories. Or it would just be cut altogether, since it wouldn't generate much in sales being generic crap. In either case it equates to the same scenario... the JP players getting a bunch of content that US/EU players can't access.

Still bull, Capcom was able to do it, and a lot of that can be avoided but just not allowing us to get said content (like the KFC outfit). At least Sega could try as hard as Capcom did, would not hurt them to do so.

The James Franco of PSO2 NoiseHERO's Avatar

Capcom has a lot of talents...

Like making Megamen disappear!

AYY. All you nillas days is numbered.

lol yeah I put in "none" as my address and other info ;p

Quote Originally Posted by Cyrusnagisa View Post
    lol yeah I put in "none" as my address and other info ;p
    Glad to know everyone's been drinking bleach. That's a legit, though kind of shitty website, and I don't see any portion to put in your -account details- so I think you're okay.

Also, Sinue_v2, if that were the entire case, a western release of PSO2 wouldn't happen at all, and everything that PSO2 Japan is doing is completely legal in the states through a cash shop currency loophole, which is probably their only issue.

If you are going to sign something serious, then you have to be serious. Would you want a bunch of fake signatures on a petition? I wouldn't, not if I want SEGA to take me and others seriously. City and state, along with your first and last name are shown, the rest is hidden from public view. It's showing that when you sign something like this, that your signature is a legit one, and not fake like the voter fraud we have here in the united states.

Quote Originally Posted by pso2love View Post
    If you are going to sign something serious, then you have to be serious. Would you want a bunch of fake signatures on a petition? I wouldn't, not if I want SEGA to take me and others seriously. City and state, along with your first and last name are shown, the rest is hidden from public view. It's showing that when you sign something like this, that your signature is a legit one, and not fake like the voter fraud we have here in the united states.
    There is being serious, and then there is being stupid..... that site does not need my physical address or phone number for any reason, and they only got my email I use for this kind of thing, not my main email.

Quote Originally Posted by Rock Eastwood View Post
    Capcom has a lot of talents...

Like making Megamen disappear!
    you dont even know my excitement when i heard he was in SFxT... Damn you Capcom...

Quote Originally Posted by Cyrusnagisa View Post
    There is being serious, and then there is being stupid..... that site does not need my physical address or phone number for any reason, and they only got my email I use for this kind of thing, not my main email.
    I understand that some people are not comfortable with giving out there address but Change.org is a legitimate site, just go to the front page, and anybody can forge lots of emails for signatures but it's much more difficult to forge an address and phone number. It's possible but not as easy as a click like with an email. I'm sorry there's no way around it if you wanna sign, but if not, I perfectly understand.