Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Dotcom View Post
    Still confused as to why this way of playing is considered 'legit' and any other way isn't? (Except for blindly obvious hacking).
    AC free is the way to be
    I stream PSO2! Please check out my channel when you have time~

twitch.tv/gmcustom

Quote Originally Posted by Dotcom View Post
    Still confused as to why this way of playing is considered 'legit' and any other way isn't? (Except for blindly obvious hacking).
    My guess is they can't afford it / mom won't let them use her credit card

Quote Originally Posted by Ryno View Post
    talking about being Original like PSO most how you would play Orginal PSO with nothing to purchase except monthly
    Original PSO didn't have a monthly subscription fee.

Quote Originally Posted by IceBlink View Post
    Doesn't "hardcore" in games generally mean if your character ever dies, it's gone permanently? :3
    I think the first relation between the term "hardcore" and the concept of "permanent death" in games was in Diablo. But I didn't mean that in my post and I think the OP didn't in his too.
    >>>Youtube channel<<<

Primobol @ ship6 (Ken)

So basically you want to convince players to become freeloaders and not contribute in any way to the game.

And btw, playing legit means not hacking/glitching. So what you're doing and saying is just stupid tbh

I think people should be allowed to buy AC items for any of the manditory things that are required, and still be considered "legit". Room tickets are one example of a manditory item bought with AC, same goes for inventory expansion, clothing is not, FUN Scratch is not. FUN Scratch is even less legit than AC. If you want to "play legit" than you make your own more balanced ruleset. A ruleset that results in being as close to PSO and PSU as possible. None of the AC items are honestly game breaking, not whatsoever, most are cosmetic and especially things like the weapons, weak in comparison to actual weapons found off of monsters within the game. My general rules for"playing legit" is to buy only the necessities. Buy the items that are needed such as Room Tickets, Mags, EXtra Character Slots, and Inventory Expansions, in order to get a smoother PSO style experience. In PSO you could create as many characters as you wanted, and you could even FIND Mags. With Three available classes one mag is never going to be enough. One mag was NEVER enough in PSO. It's worth noting that I've yet to ever buy an AC item, heck I haven't even set up my AC account. I hold nothing against the people that do however, as they are supporting the developers of this game, and getting digital items in return.

Buying AC items off of the player shops itself is completely the opposite of legit. One rule that I use as a legit player is to never buy or sell items in a player shop myself. I won't even open a player shop. I strictly sell my items to the npc or save them for Mag Food. I plan to get a Room Ticket, and 2 extra Mags, as well as the inventory expansion someday down the line. AC items fortunately enough, are not locked to one specific character. You can put them in your storage, and pick them up on another character that way as well. The topic interested me, because I thought there was bound to me some sort of hardcore legit players challenge involved, but I can see that it's a person unable to get AC, wanting to buy AC items with Meseta, stealing in a sense from the people who paid their physical real world money for those items. If someone makes a hardcore legit players challenge, i will indeed make sure to accept it. This includes the possibility of skipping all but the required client orders, no user shops, only using weapons and armor that you FIND, etc. You would of course still have to do Matterboards since Story progression requires it, and there would be specific required Client Orders such as Koffee's Mag quest and the timed Free missions that unlock other areas that you would have to do, but I'm sure someone, including myself, would be up for this kind of a challenge.

Are you the sickest dude? Lumpen Thingy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by zOObie1 View Post
    Original PSO didn't have a monthly subscription fee.
    lol wrong

Quote Originally Posted by Lumpen Thingy View Post
    lol wrong
    lol PSO1 on Dreamcast didn't have a subscription fee. The game didn't require you to pay monthly until PSO1 Ver. 2 came out for Dreamcast.

Hmmm...i think you should find a better name than "legit" for your playstyle XD

How about "SuperScrimper"-Style