Page 1 of 10 1234 ... LastLast

Default The reason why PSO2-US will be better than PSU-US

There is one reason why the western release of PSO2 will be several times better than the western release of PSU.

PSU hails from close to the end of a long-gone era of P2P MMOs. The only way to experience all of the game was to pay a subscription, which meant having to actively pay to experience a lack of content in comparison to the Japanese version of the game.

PSO2, however, is F2P. You can play as much of the game as you want, and only pay for extra goodies and services if you want to. That way, your dollar has more power: if you like the way the game is run, you can pay for AC and support the game. If not, you're more than free to not pay for anything. Either way, you can play the game as much as you want.

tl;dr
    Being F2P will make PSO2-US better than PSU-US by magnitudes.

With it being f2p instead of being p2p, PSO2 is going to be more popular than PSU, so in that regard it'll be better than PSU.
    What alot are worried about is SEGA of America support (or lack of). Based in previous games, it's unlikely that the international release of PSO2 will get the support it deserves from SEGA.
    I hope SEGA beats the odds and properly supports the international release, this would be a great thing for the players, but after the previous games bad support, it's not surprising that many are worried about this.
    PSO2 EN (Ship 1): Johana
    PSO2 JP (Ship 2): Johana, Ezodagrom, Luppi, Lana, Yukari, Blune, Elysia, Elena
    PSU EN/JP: Johana, Blune, Ezodagrom, Luppi/Johana, Lana

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/ezodagrom
    Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/ezodagrom

When the NPC moving hack returns and makes the US server unplayable. You can thank SoA for not doing ANYTHING to ban the offenders and keeping the game in an unplayable state for at least a week.

Also F2P will probably just mean nobody will pay because of the garbage support, and they'll pull the plug after a year.

Here's hope someone makes a competent english private server.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezodagrom View Post
    With it being f2p instead of being p2p, PSO2 is going to be more popular than PSU, so in that regard it'll be better than PSU.
    What alot are worried about is SEGA of America support (or lack of). Based in previous games, it's unlikely that the international release of PSO2 will get the support it deserves from SEGA.
    I hope SEGA beats the odds and properly supports the international release, this would be a great thing for the players, but after the previous games bad support, it's not surprising that many are worried about this.
    I'm optimistic that what happened in previous games will not be the case. This is a new development team aside from Sonic Team, Sega is making strides towards digital services, and the F2P nature of the game should close the gap between content of the two games, as well as not asking for a long-term commitment on the player's end with a subscription.

Hopefully they'll fix the NPC movement hack, before during the in office server test. I'm sure much more man power will be put into this title.

Well, with it being free people don't feel as entitled to service and support and updates(which very well may be a year behind like PSU).

PSO2-JP: Ship 2; Bouncer/Braver, Tiana Cross.

Quote Originally Posted by Macman View Post
    When the NPC moving hack returns and makes the US server unplayable. You can thank SoA for not doing ANYTHING to ban the offenders and keeping the game in an unplayable state for at least a week.

Also F2P will probably just mean nobody will pay because of the garbage support, and they'll pull the plug after a year.

Here's hope someone makes a competent english private server.
    Quote Originally Posted by Garnet_Moon View Post
    Well, with it being free people don't feel as entitled to service and support and updates(which very well may be a year behind like PSU).
    The other hope opposing these would be that without a subscription that just gets paid every month they will do better with content updating and support to keep people buying the AC. I don't see how this model could fair worse then a subscription model in terms of Sega doing a good job updating and taking care of the game.

Dating rooms for everyone.

You forgot to mention the main reason it will be better. I will be playing PSO2. Just kidding, but I remember hearing a lot of complaints about PSU, so it prolly won't be too hard to top it I imagine.

The main reason is that PSU sucks.

Great topic btw ...