Voters
90. You may not vote on this poll
  • Keyboard

42 46.67%
  • Controller

48 53.33%
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    The HUcast with balls of aluminium

Depends on what class you're playing. As a hunter, I can't imagine playing without a controller. On the other hand, rangers just love the KB&M setup.

I play a hunter, and as such am always with my controller, but I still use my keyboard for various menu commands, and switch to full KB&M to do third-person-aiming.

Hunter with controller playing without lock on.
    Ranger playing with KB + mouse in aiming mode.
    Force with controller with lock on mode, occasionally aiming mode with controller + mouse.
    That's my setup.

KB/M if I'm playing Ranger, controller for the rest.

Keyboard for me, since I use aiming mode and 7 subpalette items very often. I also tend to switch between the weapon setups mid-fight, and numpad comes in handy for that.

I use the keyboard and mouse but may try out using a controller when I start using Hunter

Keyboard & Mouse for all classes. Mice have superior camera control, which is something that has saved my life in last second dodges and blocks.
    If you change your controls just right you can access the most important features easily, unless your hands look like this,
    Spoiler!

I am really curious if the people who play with Keyboard and mouse have attempted to play with an xbox360 controller. My brother was using keyboard and mouse while I was using controller, he played fine and well with the keyboard and mouse, but after he tried using the controller he couldn't stand playing with the keyboard and mouse and had to go out and buy a controller.

I suppose it could easily be a preference thing, or an experience thing -- but for me the controller definitely seems easier. I myself as hunter/force was practically inept at using the keyboard and mouse,

keyboard, always. I need the fast and smooth camera/aiming of the mouse, I'm always chatting midfight, feeding my mag on autorun, using 1-7 on my subpalette, switching between weapon setups, and whatever else.

You guys know gamepads can use the subpallet too, right? All you do is use the D-pad to scroll to the one you want. Takes no time, and works awesome imo.

Strictly personal preference. Most people who like PS games though used to play them on consoles, so the controller is just a lot more comfortable for a lot of people I would imagine. Same would apply to me actually, but this time I went the keyboard and mouse route just because this is actually the first PS game where the keyboard and mouse controls don't feel completely asinine or whacky.
    PSO2 char
    ゆかり・ルルキア - Fighter/Force Newman(F)
    ライアク - Force/Techer Newman(M)
    RAH-犀 - Hunter/??? Cast(M)