Voters
90. You may not vote on this poll
  • Keyboard

42 46.67%
  • Controller

48 53.33%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by ScottyMango View Post
    You guys know gamepads can use the subpallet too, right? All you do is use the D-pad to scroll to the one you want. Takes no time, and works awesome imo.
    that's almost as good as clicking them

which is dumb and bad

Works better than taking your hands off the movement keys, and reaching alll the way across the keyboard to press 0.

taking your thumb off the movement stick, tapping a button several times, then pressing another button is better than holding the direction you want to move in, reaching up and tapping a single key instantly?

All we're saying is 'grawwararfghh my preference is better than your preference.'

I don't have to take my thumb off of anything, I can reach all at the same time, but I guess it depends on the gamepad.

Still a lot better than using something designed for typing as a makeshift controller.

All we're saying is 'grawwararfghh my preference is better than your preference.'
    OMG, no shit?

Anyway, if you like using a gamepad, nobody is stopping you from doing that. But keyboard is plain better for the sheer amount of functions available due to, you know, having more buttons. It's even better if you have a gaming/web mouse with as many buttons as half of a gamepad.

Quote Originally Posted by Sp-24 View Post
    OMG, no shit?

Anyway, if you like using a gamepad, nobody is stopping you from doing that. But keyboard is plain better for the sheer amount of functions available due to, you know, having more buttons. It's even better if you have a gaming/web mouse with as many buttons as half of a gamepad.
    I don't want to argue, just state that from what you just said, one could imply you mean

more = better
    and/or
    quantity>quality

The supposive Gaijin Hero EvilMag's Avatar

Xbox 360 controller is good. Keyboard and mouse are good but too spread out for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by CelestialBlade View Post
    Bit off-topic, but I'm just sick and tired of "difficulty" meaning "stat boosts". It's lazy and boring.

This is the only PC game where I feel totally comfortable with using the KB and mouse exclusively.

I don't have to take my thumb off of anything, I can reach all at the same time, but I guess it depends on the gamepad.

Still a lot better than using something designed for typing as a makeshift controller.
    you can use the dpad and the analog at the same time? like, with one hand? with your other on the face buttons??

Quote Originally Posted by ellu View Post
    I don't want to argue, just state that from what you just said, one could imply you mean

more = better
    and/or
    quantity>quality
    One could imply a lot of things. For example, that people have started defending gamepads with implications like the bolded part after keyboard people have decided to state actual reasons why they prefer what they prefer. I like keyboard+mouse setup because:

1. It has more buttons.
    2. It makes game's functions like subpalette, weapon palettes, quick chat and menus easier to access.
    3. Mouse is a superior analog controller.

Does that clear things up a bit?