Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Dealing headshots with Rangers

I noticed that if a bullet from your rifle or gunslash hits an enemy's head, it will deal twice as much damage. Problem is, hitting said head is far too difficult for me. If I use a controller + lock on, then the lock on won't even target the head. If I use mouse + keyboard, I can properly aim for the head somewhat, but the moment the enemy starts moving around is the moment I can barely focus. Add to the fact that I have to do this with all enemies, and it becomes tiresome. And TPS + Controller doesn't let you aim that well at all.

Do techniques from a Force also do headshot damage? I hope not.

It's hitbox based, most enemies (even the tiny ones) have weakpoints on their head and everyone can hit them.

Hunters, Rangers and Force can all hit the head (and other weak-spots) for more damage.

It's just easier for Ranger and Force because they can aim in TPS mode.
    Play some FPS games and when you come back you can be a pro at PSO2 headshots

All my years of playing FPSs/TPSs have honed my free aim accuracy. Just keep at it and you'll get it eventually.
    Octave (Ship 2)

Everything does headshot damage, though on some enemies it's not the head.

Larger enemies allow you to lock onto their weak points specifically, while smaller enemies are usually weak enough that you can easily kill them anyway.

On the other hand, if manually targeting weak points is too much for you, or if you just dislike it, ranger is probably not a great choice. Forces have more ability to hit lock-on weakpoints without going into harm's way and also more area attacks that can wipe out multiple enemies quickly without targetting each one, if that sounds more appealing.

Waiiiiit, how do I manual aim in this game? I've always just locked on..

Quote Originally Posted by holdthephone View Post
    Waiiiiit, how do I manual aim in this game? I've always just locked on..
    press Z....

Hitting weak points like the red blubs on my darker enemies as well as, say a Rockbear's head (which I've known for a long time) is easy, it is for the smaller and very swift things that I have trouble with. Many of these's heads also look kind of messy, meaning that it is hard to tell at a quick glance where exactly to shoot.

Lock on, while not ideal for headshotting, has the advantage of making your character always aim at the locked on part even if the enemy is moving like a manic.

It also does not help that it is a little difficult to see your surroundings in TPS mode, andsometimes your character might block the view a little.

Quote Originally Posted by HiOc View Post
    All my years of playing FPSs/TPSs have honed my free aim accuracy. Just keep at it and you'll get it eventually.
    this, 15 years too many no scope head-shots in halo, gears, and CoD+^_^+
    I have my controller and can aim just as well as any mouse user+^_^+

Headshots used to be piss easy back in CBT, then they messed up the hitboxes.

Za Oodan and Digg are the biggest offenders. Bullets tend to go right through them unless you hit them square on the nose.