Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 916171819

Quote Originally Posted by Flame View Post
    I'm not going to get into an argument about the merits of AT's work but suffice to say it's painful to see you shrug it off so easily. Since you mentioned reading I assume you are in fact talking about dragonball as a manga, not exclusively the show. Because the show is a different beast.
    You keep showing your astonishment as my disdain for Akira Toriyama's art but you don't seem to point me out in what elements of his work i'm mistaken, at least in your opinion.

Akira Toriyama is famous mangaka that has my respect for his work, but I have many other series in my top 10, and I'd say he doesn't make it to the top 50 even. Design-wise, his style is very simple and I can think of my head mangakas that draw much better than him. Takeshi Obata, Masakazu Katsura... And argument-wise I'm sorry but DB's argument is dumb as fuck. I can't even think of many series with worse arguments than DB.

If I compared DB to a series like, I don't know, Naruto, you'd put your hands on your head thinking I'm crazy, but the truth is that series like that are the new DB. You won't have to wait much till there are kids that think they're the best series in the universe and comparing them to masterpieces that objectively are lightyears away from them.

As I said, I liked the series. But I liked it when I was 8. I also liked the Power Rangers, used to play in school breaks that I was the blue Ranger all the time and that I had a huge ass triceratops robot with my friends. But I downloaded the film a couple months ago out of nostalgia and almost puked with the first 10 minutes of it. Memories are a wonderful thing, because they not only keep the information of something we lived long ago, they also keep the feelings we had towards it at that time. Sadly, there's much people here who gets blinded by them and can't consider objectively about this game.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyrusticae View Post

I'm assuming that the difference between you and I would be is that I actually have someone to call me to bed. I don't think someone as angry and crazy as you would have anyone who would want to sleep in the same bed as someone who's about to 'blow their gasket' lol. Unless it's for other reasons.

Gate open!
    A place so far away yet so close at hand...

Quote Originally Posted by jooozek View Post
    "oh no I can't memorise the whole map, instead I'm forced to explore!"
    there's nothing to explore. There are no rewards at deadends so why bother. Plus, it's not really "exploring" if it's the same 3 or 4 rooms copy pasted over and over is it? I think you have a pretty good idea of what's waiting for you.

"oh no I can't farm boxes anymore!"
    I don't even know what farming boxes means. It would be nice if they felt a bit more worth getting in PSO2 though.

"oh no I can't spam that quest for rare rappies chances anymore!"
    I don't know what this is in response to. PSO as a whole? I guarantee there will be quest spamming in PSO2 as well. I mean it's practically mandatory for some client orders.

You know what was the worst thing about PSO level design? Party buttons.
    because you had to slow down and work together? At least this encouraged team work other than hacking at the same boss together.

Quote Originally Posted by Darki View Post
    You keep showing your astonishment as my disdain for Akira Toriyama's art but you don't seem to point me out in what elements of his work i'm mistaken, at least in your opinion.
    because it would derail the thread with essay length debates about manga.

@Darki

Alright :P I guess in that sense I wholeheartly agree with you. I also wanna say that metroid prime 1 is one of the best games ever made... if not THE best

Quote Originally Posted by Sebastian & PSO View Post
    PSO2 has good combat from OUR characters perspective, from the enemies and boss perspective there is no real tactics. Sure you can aim for the head of a boss or body part to break but they don't have a fun pattern that you need to get used to before you take it down. I haven't once died (or had the whole party die) while versing a boss and we had to start again. That's what I want the most.

And that goes for enemies too, back in the PSO days they used to be smart, have stealth, shoot poison, shoot megid, sneak up on you, confuse you, paralyze you, disarm your weapons, laser beam you to death! None of that stuff happens on PSO2 so far.
    I kind of suspect that you haven't unlocked tundra and time attack mode yet? Are you level 30? The game does get challenging eventually, it does get a pso1 mode eventually (time attack mode) and considering this game will have more content than pso1 in the long run, I think you can expect alot more challenge than tundra eventually.

I can relate to alot of the complaints, but i've been able to accept alot of things about pso2 as well. Times have changed. You wanna cater to a big audience. You want children around the 6/7 be able to play the game too, and the non experienced players too. Now imagining them playing pso1, I know for a fact they would quit from forest as the game starts out quite difficult. Pso2 has a great "learning curve" and makes it accesable for a long period.

I do really think that PSO should have kept it's own identity instead of mimicking esteblished MMO mechanics, like the emphasis on client orders mirroring quests from most MMO's. The free roam aspect instead of killing and teamworking to progress. All these things are kind of lame, but once I got to time attack, alot of my complaints were gone.

The time attack mode is unlocked way too late perhaps
    Last edited by Agitated_AT; Jul 17, 2012 at 04:36 PM.

It's fun. It doesn't have the nostalgic value of PSO but it still invokes nostalgic emotions. PSO1 had some amazing aspects. PSO2 also has some amazing aspects. This is my opinion and I also respect yours!

That wasn't so hard, was it? Apparently it's way beyond a lot of people here, though.
    #1 International MAG+ TA Champion in PSU. Co-Founder of Royalz

I really love this logic that PSO was bad because it didn't hold up to the test of a decade's time.

ITT: Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time worst game in history, didn't stand up to test of time, offers no assault rifle with 1 second reload

Quote Originally Posted by DreXxiN View Post
    It's fun. It doesn't have the nostalgic value of PSO but it still invokes nostalgic emotions. PSO1 had some amazing aspects. PSO2 also has some amazing aspects. This is my opinion and I also respect yours!

That wasn't so hard, was it? Apparently it's way beyond a lot of people here, though.
    YES. IT'S HARD. IT'S INCREDIBLY FUCKING HARD WHEN PEOPLE SPOUT THE SHITTEST NONSENSICAL ASSHAT REASONS FOR NOT LIKING SOMETHING, GODDAMMIT!

I AM ALSO IN CAPS LOCK CRUISE CONTROL FOR COOL MODE NOW. ALSO ANGER COMES ACROSS BETTER IN ALL CAPS. ALL CAPS FTW, JOIN THE ALL CAPS CLUB TODAY!

MAY THE INTERNETS RUN RED WITH RAGE!

The James Franco of PSO2 NoiseHERO's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zyrusticae View Post
    YES. IT'S HARD. IT'S INCREDIBLY FUCKING HARD WHEN PEOPLE SPOUT THE SHITTEST NONSENSICAL ASSHAT REASONS FOR NOT LIKING SOMETHING, GODDAMMIT!

I AM ALSO IN CAPS LOCK CRUISE CONTROL FOR COOL MODE NOW. ALSO ANGER COMES ACROSS BETTER IN ALL CAPS. ALL CAPS FTW, JOIN THE ALL CAPS CLUB TODAY!

MAY THE INTERNETS RUN RED WITH RAGE!
    Hey people will confuse you with me holding shift to type to be sarcastic and make fun of them by secretly implying I'm typing at their knowledge level. D:

AYY. All you nillas days is numbered.

Ok after 180+ posts, I think whoever has something to say already did. Since the topic is derailed to who's right & wrong, it's time to get out & take a break.
    Blink & you might miss it! ;3

Oh, keep sig at 600x180 px & 49KB, yah?