Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Default Technic Discussion

I was wondering how people felt about certain technics. I find Foie useless when compared to Rafoie (similar damage but Rafoie teleports the explosion onto the enemy therefore you never miss), Razonde when compared to Gizonde (have to use cards to achieve a similar amount of range as Gizonde), and Gibarta when compared to Rabarta (it doesn't seem to go as far as Rabarta). How does everybody else feel?

I haven't found much use for Foie, but its grazing damage can come in handy at times, thanks to Aiming Mode. For example, I use it a lot against Vol Dragon.

Yes, I said that. I find fireball to be the most effective weapon against a fire-breathing dragon. Since I couldn't lock on his horn after breaking it (duh), I had to manually aim at the other horn in hopes of breaking that one, too. Since none of the ice spells are helpful, and Rafoie, Grants and Zonde are so easy to miss with, Foie seemed to be the optimal choice.

As for Gibarta vs. Rabarta, I think Gibarta is more powerful, but have yet to see if it's actually true. Rabarta does have a much higher Freeze chance that never seems to work against bosses, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Sp-24 View Post
    I haven't found much use for Foie, but its grazing damage can come in handy at times, thanks to Aiming Mode. For example, I use it a lot against Vol Dragon.

Yes, I said that. I find fireball to be the most effective weapon against a fire-breathing dragon.
    I have a friend who plays Force that went out of their way to buy an ice tree, and he still thinks it's more useful to go with his fire tree in the caves, so there you go.

On the subject of Foie itself, though, there's not a lot of reason to use it, but that's partly because Rafoie is inexplicably cheaper than either of its counterparts, only costing 20 PP. It comes off as a design mistake, but it makes the fire tree even more unbalanced than it already is.

Yes, I said that. I find fireball to be the most effective weapon against a fire-breathing dragon. Since I couldn't lock on his horn after breaking it (duh), I had to manually aim at the other horn in hopes of breaking that one, too. Since none of the ice spells are helpful, and Rafoie, Grants and Zonde are so easy to miss with, Foie seemed to be the optimal choice.

As for Gibarta vs. Rabarta, I think Gibarta is more powerful, but have yet to see if it's actually true. Rabarta does have a much higher Freeze chance that never seems to work against bosses, though.
    run up to the dragon and jump when right beside him, there will be a window where you can lock on to the horn on top

The auto-targeting is freaking terrible in this game, on that note. I hope they fix it so it locks onto whatever applicable point you're facing, rather than the guy in the back of the room at the very corner of your field of vision.

To be honest, I use foie a fair bit. I tend to find it a lot more useful than rafoie because of the graze damage. Whether you use third person view or lock on, I can normally deal more damage with foie.
    The thing with rafoie is that for it to be effective, the targets have to be pretty close together, but for foie, all you have to do is place them in the trajectory of foie. Of course, I tend to use gifoie the most, but oh well.

Quote Originally Posted by moeri View Post
    run up to the dragon and jump when right beside him, there will be a window where you can lock on to the horn on top
    Thanks for the tip, I'll have to try it. That dragon seems to have so many targets on it that I couldn't Tab on that horn no matter what.

Foie is weird. I feel we must be missing something because Rafoie is just better in every way.
    Well, I found 1 use for Foie - it can hit Rockbear in the face without using TPS mode, and Rafoie can't (use TPS mode and it's still better, though).

Grants also seems similarly useless at the moment. It's like Rafoie without the splash damage?
    Gigrants is hax though.

Scarlet / ID:aurly; Shock Nurse @ Ship 2!

You were fine til your last sentence XD

I spam rabarta like a mad man on Vol Dragon and the Worm.I freeze them quite often too,

"Don't worry my friend, i am a doctor.Shame i lost my license, but you don't mind, right?"

Quote Originally Posted by drizzle View Post
    Foie is weird. I feel we must be missing something because Rafoie is just better in every way.
    Including when several enemies are lined up in a row? Foie, when used right, can hit every single one, rafoie can't because it is a focused explosion in the target area.

Quote Originally Posted by drizzle View Post
    Grants also seems similarly useless at the moment. It's like Rafoie without the splash damage?
    Lock onto the weakpoint and then let grants rip, on quite a lot of darker it does more damage than gigrants.

Each tech has it's own usage, so not one is usless. But I guess most of this is down to preferences.
    Last edited by Ana-Chan; Jul 16, 2012 at 04:38 AM.