Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by drizzle View Post
    Foie is weird. I feel we must be missing something because Rafoie is just better in every way.
    Well, I found 1 use for Foie - it can hit Rockbear in the face without using TPS mode, and Rafoie can't (use TPS mode and it's still better, though).
    You seem to have said it already, but I'll say it anyway: Rafoie very much can hit Rockbear in the face in Aiming Mode, and due to how slow Rockbear is, it may be even better than Foie at that.

Well, as it has been said before, Foie's niche seems to be its grazing damage. If you aim near your target instead of right at it, the fireball will deal its full damage, but will keep going forward. Not too useful against bosses, but I'll try it during the next Cross Burst to see if it does better than Rafoie.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfgrey666 View Post
    You were fine til your last sentence XD

I spam rabarta like a mad man on Vol Dragon and the Worm.I freeze them quite often too,
    Well, I've been trying to use Rabarta on Vol Dragon with both Cards and Rod, but still couldn't freeze it any more reliably than with Gibarta. I get a feeling that it keeps hitting its wings, arms, horns, and basically everything except for the legs, which it should. with 17% vs. 30% Freeze chance, you'd think the difference would have been noticeable, especially since Gibarta isn't that easy to aim from a Talis, either.

Quote Originally Posted by Ana-Chan View Post
    Lock onto the weakpoint and then let grants rip, on quite a lot of darker it does more damage than gigrants.
    Rafoie does about the same damage on D-arkers (they're weak to fire as well as light) AND also damages everything nearby, plus it can set them on fire for even more damage just in case they survive longer than 3 seconds.
    I just don't see why you would be using Grants, ever. The Panic condition isn't really useful as far as I can tell.

Scarlet / ID:aurly; Shock Nurse @ Ship 2!

Quote Originally Posted by drizzle View Post
    Rafoie does about the same damage on D-arkers (they're weak to fire as well as light) AND also damages everything nearby, plus it can set them on fire for even more damage just in case they survive longer than 3 seconds.
    I just don't see why you would be using Grants, ever. The Panic condition isn't really useful as far as I can tell.
    grantz has 38 more base than rank 10 rafoie if you dont sink tons of points into fire/lighting boosting talents instead of charge boosting or ja boosting. its better for single target dps on things that you want to kill quickly and not leave to burning (the two flying darkers) or single targets who are weak to light or have defensive abilities (the shield darkers, isolated hunter dinans and ragne). Ragne doesnt burn and you cant hit more than one point on vol dragon or ragne with rafoie.

likewise gigrantz has significantly higher base than anything else (almost 80 on gifoie 10, almost 40 on gibarta 10 with around rabarta aoe diameter) and hits in an large aoe.

both are also SIGNIFICANTLY better until you have rank 10 in something. even then you need to sink many points into elemental tech tallents (read as 10+) to get enough damage to close the gap let alone outshine it (they still get charge bonus and ja bonus).

Many of the techs seem very conditional. Foie acts like barta/pierces if you don't land direct hits, sometimes its better than rafoie. rabarta at 10 has 13% more freeze chance per hit but 62 less base damage than gibarta and is easier to direct. zonde and grantz can get around the shields of dinians and gawonda while hitting their weakness. likewise shock, burning and panic also have unique effects in many enemies (gawonda aren't just ministunned by shock they fall over each shock proc, breeada lose some of their attacks when under panic etc).

interesting to note the zonde debuff has a very high chance to proc shock, can splash and proc shock in a small aoe around the debuffed target, has more base damage than any other technique in the game right now even at rank 6 and benefits from bolt pp reduction.
    Last edited by JNMeiun; Jul 16, 2012 at 08:43 AM.

You spelled technique wrong. Unless there's to ways... o.o

Quote Originally Posted by JNMeiun View Post
    grantz has 38 more base than rank 10 rafoie if you dont sink tons of points into fire/lighting boosting talents instead of charge boosting or ja boosting. its better for single target dps on things that you want to kill quickly and not leave to burning (the two flying darkers) or single targets who are weak to light or have defensive abilities (the shield darkers, isolated hunter dinans and ragne). Ragne doesnt burn and you cant hit more than one point on vol dragon or ragne with rafoie.

likewise gigrantz has significantly higher base than anything else (almost 80 on gifoie 10, almost 40 on gibarta 10 with around rabarta aoe diameter) and hits in an large aoe.

both are also SIGNIFICANTLY better until you have rank 10 in something. even then you need to sink many points into elemental tech tallents (read as 10+) to get enough damage to close the gap let alone outshine it (they still get charge bonus and ja bonus).

Many of the techs seem very conditional. Foie acts like barta/pierces if you don't land direct hits, sometimes its better than rafoie. rabarta at 10 has 13% more freeze chance per hit but 62 less base damage than gibarta and is easier to direct. zonde and grantz can get around the shields of dinians and gawonda while hitting their weakness. likewise shock, burning and panic also have unique effects in many enemies (gawonda aren't just ministunned by shock they fall over each shock proc, breeada lose some of their attacks when under panic etc).
    If you're hitting a single target, Zonde with Bolt PP Save 10 skill is more PP efficient than either Rafoie or Grants and may actually end up being better DPS than the others because of this. I have not tested this, though, I currently do not have a skill tree with both PP revival and Bolt PP save. Testing is expensive

I suspect the Bolt skill tree is far more effective than most people are aware of right now. It has the most PP efficient single-target tech as well as the largest area damage tech (which, with PP save 10, is also the cheapest). I find that with Bolt techs, I often need fewer casts to wipe a spawn than with Fire even though I do less damage per hit, simply because the AoE is bigger and it hits more enemies.
    The JA Advance skill is also very good return on investment per point.

I'm a bit reluctant to experiment more with new tree combinations. The Force class will likely be obsolete in a few months when we get new classes, or the skill trees will be expanded with more and better skills, and who knows on which side of the tree they'll end up? I'm not that rich

Quote Originally Posted by Lostbob117 View Post
    You spelled technique wrong. Unless there's to ways... o.o
    Technic is how PSU spelled them. And since the game is in Japanese and Katakana pronunciations are funky, well...

The correct spelling is "TECHNIC", in all caps

Eh, Level 40 Newman force here with all techs at lvl 10 (except shifta which is lvl9 and that one lightning skill which is lvl 5 and lastly gigrants/grants which is lvl 3/1),

Find everything but Rafoie, Foie, Gifoie useless. Gigrants and grants used to be the shiznite back my early levels as a force since I didn't have much SP to fill out my skill path.

My skill build is this

My first build in the game actually has Flame Mastery at 5 and tech charge advance 2 at 9. Obviously, when next level cap come, I'll just max TCA2 and on the other, TCA2, then take a slightly alternate path.

I later then purchased one more additional skill tree going down a alternate path for only the lightning tech path. I find the ice path useless for now. I mean if Photon Flare lasted as long as Fury/Guard Stance then I wouldn't call it useless.

From what I saw, even in the caves, Rafoie, Gifoie, Foie just dominated all. On my lightning build, it took a whole lot longer to clear the area vs my fire path even in the desert area with the bots and one of the main reasons is just due to Flame Tech S Charge.

Don't like playing support nor do I care about freezing the dragon boss since I hate going to the caves in the first place.

DPS wise, like a boss, Foie/Rafoie pretty much kills it all. Nothing elsewhere in that skill tree can dominate it. With Flame Tech S Charge on your side, the fire skill path, good units/mag/your overall stats, you'll kill the boss a whole lot faster than you would vs any other tech and actually compete with Hunters and Rangers. Otherwise, either the hunter or ranger would have slaughtered the area or boss.

So shiz is just slower for me with any other tech. Rather do 900-1200 rafoie/foie normally than something way lower with a longer charge time.

Lastly, ain't my fault Sega made the game so far where most of the mobs are weak to fire. Kinda hilarious, but at the same time, even mobs not weak to fire still drop like flies with the fire path.

So I look towards the future when new classes and other skills/techs come out so hopefully I don't have to play lvl 1-100 using Rafoie/Foie/Gifoie 24/7 because it got boring doing this after level 35 (But you got to because its fast and great damage lol). At least in PSU, I didn't resort to using the same technics 24/7.

I find foie to be much better at hitting certain weak spots than rafoie is. A big case in point is the faces of the snow panther bosses in the tundra, and the back-flanks of the yetis. Rafoie seems to target a point slightly behind where foie impacts when they're aimed at the same spot, and when hitting a snow panther's head foie usually causes about twice as much damage.

I haven't tried using rafoie in aiming mode yet, but I wouldn't want to be doing that against the panthers anyway.

Hmm, I noticed you could do graze damage with Foie, but I suck at TPS (controller player who doesn't play shooters here) so I probably won't use it.

I didn't know Gibarta did more damage than Rabarta... I'll have to give it another try.

I guess Razonde is just horrible and this is already established?

Anyways thanks for the replies.