Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Force characters

I'm currently trying to complete the client order for maluu. The one where I need to complete the caves free mission with only her. As the title suggests, I'm using a force character. I'm level 19, going on 20, so i'm above the recommended level by a wee bit.
    Thing is, I need to S rank it and do itin under 20 minutes. But it takes me 18 and a half minutes just to kill the dragon.

Is there some other way that I can kill it faster or do force character really just suck really bad at attack strength. I'm literally taking about 40-60 off the dragon per attack, if I hit the tail or head then I can do around 130. Even at that, it still take ages to kill it.
    I've most likely missed something but I actually can't see how that's even possible.

Any tips are appreciated.
    -PSO2 Character-
    Name: ナユキ
    Hu: 71 Fi: 75 Ra: 70 Gu: 75 Fo: 75 Te: 75 Br: 75 Bo: 70
    Race: Newman
    Ship 2

Inviting a player or two with you is the quickest way; you can have players with you during these "only this NPC" mission, as long as you don't have any other NPCs with you.

The most long-term beneficially thing is to work on your character, though. Check the player shops and get the best weapon you can use. Grind it up. Consider Affixing Tech attack to your weapons and units. Make sure your technics are up to date. Your damage is quite low, and an upgrade sounds like it's in order.

Also, don't forget to catch up on spending your skill points, and use the free aiming, over-the-shoulder mode for aiming at the dragon's horns for added damage. Oddly, Ra/foie is one of your best bets for aiming at his weak points, so consider giving that a try.
    Last edited by Geistritter; Jul 16, 2012 at 11:09 AM.

Spam barta on its feet, it's weaker to it there. If it freezes you get a good ~10 seconds of lockdown to deal more damage. Make sure you have a good weapon and a shifta drink from the medical center (preferably EX). I did the quest also as a force and it was probably the most irritating client order so far. I'd recommend using a talis for ranged PP regen if you aren't already.

Oh, and don't forget about Shifta, the spell. Yes, the duration is terrible, but it does help.

Well forces probably deal the least dmg but not by much (Rangers have weak bullet and able to exploit weak points the best so that's a given and Hunters have Fury Stance and some pretty good PAs) however you excel in support, aoe and have the ability to exploit elemental weaknesses.

Although, you should keep in mind that Vol Dragon is intended for a full party since it does not scale to party size. (doesn't multiply like catadran or rockbear) Why aren't you doing it with other people?

Thing is all my spells are relatively good for my level and my skill points are used up. I never really used shifta. I know it helps but the duration really is that bad. I would almost be using that the same amount of times I other attack spells.

I didn't know about other human players being allowed. This may help me.
    -PSO2 Character-
    Ship 2

how strong is your weapon and techs? I do 150+ damage with barta and 50+ damage with normal attacks. But i have grinded both of my weapons to +9 (around 360 tech power for rod and 310 for talis). My tech level are 7 and 8 across the board. Though my mag is mostly tech with some ability. It takes me 11 minutes to kill the dragon. I'd suggest using the talis when you can't use the rod to keep the pressure on. and use regular barta the most since it's powerful, and low pp cost so you can throw it out nearly at all times
    Last edited by Hentai_Kittie; Jul 16, 2012 at 12:26 PM.
    rawr! =^~^=

I really hope I do get shifta by the time I get there. Luv ya, Deband, but I really want your sister Shifta right now, kthanks.

I'm using that broom rod just now. Its only +2 but I don't even know how to grind yet xD.

I tried using a talis before, but it didn't do me well. It was actually kind of annoying that it floats in mid air. Puts me off a bit.

When in a normal mission my barta can easily hit 200 or so. Just the dragon seems to be resistant to just about everything.
    -PSO2 Character-
    Ship 2

Quote Originally Posted by fay View Post
    Thing is, I need to S rank it and do itin under 20 minutes. But it takes me 18 and a half minutes just to kill the dragon.
    Where did you get the 20 minute time limit from? Maybe you are mixing things up. The NPC client order only requires you to S Rank it. The desert access client order is what you need to do in under 20 minutes, but there is no limits on NPCs or party members.

Quote Originally Posted by fay View Post
    When in a normal mission my barta can easily hit 200 or so. Just the dragon seems to be resistant to just about everything.
    Try aiming for the horn on it's forehead and back, they break after a while, but you can cause a lot of damage with barta. The bit on it's tail is also breakable like the catadoran, so you can aim for that too, but it recreates the block.
    Last edited by Ana-Chan; Jul 16, 2012 at 12:59 PM.