Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: PSO2 Ark Cash

Quote Originally Posted by Rhedrimond View Post
    That's spreading a bit too much fear, and not necessarily true.

Many of us, including myself, have had this issue:

1. We bought AC. It posted to our accounts immediately as a pending transaction. Usually a charge like "E-PAYMENT SERVICE TOKYO'. The funds were taken away immediately as an authorization hold. For those who just bought AC and say you're charged, this is probably where you are.

2. 4-5 days transpire, the transactions do not process fully. The pending transactions drop (disappear) and the authorization hold funds are returned. This is currently where most of us are at now, who bought AC around the 4th.

Many of us had called our banks and there is absolutely no problems on their end or our end. The fact that Sega authorized the transaction in the first place, that it cleared, and that we didn't get an error message generally means it's okay on our ends.

Sega just never contacted our banks back to get the money, or give more information. A pending transaction and an authorization hold is just a reservation saying, "Hey, save 20 bucks for us, we're taking it soon." Sega never called back to get that money, so your bank cancels the reservation and gives you the cash back.

Sega can still take it at any time, without warning. Their first authorization cleared, meaning they can get it. Even on wikipedia, it says sometimes international banks will delay charges weeks to months to get more money on the exchange rate. Since the yen is strong (at least to US dollars), they're probably waiting to process these all at once. Didn't someone in this thread say they delay it a month?

Point is, if they authorized the purchase, they'll get their money if they want it. You probably won't be blacklisted or banned, but call your bank if you're worried.
    My bank has no problems with me buying items internationally. The pending charges showed up today. But then they disappeared completed the earlier charges as mentioned earlier in this post. If they do not take out Money, i don't know how it's our faults...
    PSO2Pedia.info

Mine posted as a pending charge within a few minutes of making the AC order, subtracting the amount from my balance
    Will have to see if it actually goes into my statement thing

Yeah, by 'international banks' I meant Sega's bank and their handling of international purchases. It seems our banks do not really have an issue, considering the authorizations went through to begin with.
    PSO2 - Rhed - Ship 10: Full of roleplayers!
    PSZ -- Increase -- FC: 5113 3518 4199
    The Vanguard - Phantasy Star Roleplaying Community!
    Phantasy Star Online 2 Roleplay - The PSO-W group for PSO2 RP, Ship 2 and all!

Bought 10,000AC charged to my credit card (CRapital One) - bought it on July 5th or 6th.
    Charges have not shown up on my statement as of 7/16.

I think I'll buy another 5000 once the new AC scratch items are in and see what happens

yea thats strange i brought my ac with out a problem bank issues

Sega may process billing at the end of the month it seems.
    Will report back in 14 days.