Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Rio-blast View Post
    I have a couple questions about the game.

I downloaded the game last night but wasnt able to create a character (once i was on the ship), but i read on the forums some universe are locked down. So i haven't been able to play yet.

Will i have to pay a monthly sub and purchase the game (or game key like psu) to have my room among other things or does the free version have this?

I don't mind paying a monthly fee for the extended play but i want to make sure my pc can handle this game before i go spending money is the reason i ask.
    Due to the population concentration Ships 1,2,3,4,5, and 10 were locked down to creating new characters to allow server populations to balance out across the servers. With a new official announcement they will be lifting the locks on these ships tomorrow the 17th.

No you will not have to purchase a monthly sub. As I recall the features that are premium only are My Room, Trading, and Selling Items through player shops. Premium is more or less a package of features, each one is also sold independent from eachother.

http://bumped.org/psublog/category/pso2-arks-cash-dlc/
    http://fox-light713.deviantart.com/
    "I reject your reality and substitute my own." - "Good night, and good luck"

JOE - Ship 2 - Gu75 / Ra75
    *Warning Bad Spelling Often*

Is the premium even worth it? It works out to be about £10 a month if you buy the 90 days version, but other than giving you a shop and a pointless 'room' to idle in, what do you get? :/

Quote Originally Posted by Tooks View Post
    Is the premium even worth it? It works out to be about £10 a month if you buy the 90 days version, but other than giving you a shop and a pointless 'room' to idle in, what do you get? :/
    I would say it is. If you are looking for a certain rare, it might be very very hard to just find it. YOu might never find it, and find other types of rares your character cant use. But if you are not premium those rares you find wont do you any good cause you cant trade nor sell it. The store helps you earn the meseta you will need to buy the rares you want incase you never find them. If you are not premium it might take a very long time to save up the meseta to purchase awesome rares. Since some can cost multi millions of meseta.

死にてぇ奴だけ, かかってこい!! TetsuyaHikari's Avatar

Did you not click the link? Here:

"The Premium Set includes access to the Item Trader, My Shop, My Room, Premium Storage, FUN Point Boost and Premium Block. You can purchase rentals of My Shop and My Room separately."

EDIT:
    Quote Originally Posted by Nu Lo Yin View Post
    I would say it is. If you are looking for a certain rare, it might be very very hard to just find it. YOu might never find it, and find other types of rares your character cant use. But if you are not premium those rares you find wont do you any good cause you cant trade nor sell it. The store helps you earn the meseta you will need to buy the rares you want incase you never find them. If you are not premium it might take a very long time to save up the meseta to purchase awesome rares. Since some can cost multi millions of meseta.
    Well, owning a shop has nothing to do with Premium actually. I have a shop up right now for 30 days and I'm not on Premium. It costs 700 AC.

It's a great alternative for those who aren't willing or can't afford to dish out enough for a 30/60/90 day premium.
    Last edited by TetsuyaHikari; Jul 16, 2012 at 02:17 PM.

Okay well I understand that, but is it really worth getting it while I'm at a lower level? (I'm literally not even 20 on any of the classes yet) so i can't really equip rares or find them to sell. I'm taking it that it'd be best to get premium when I can actually benefit from its features.

Also does your 'room' get saved? Like If I got 90 days worth of Premium, and after that didnt upgrade my my account again for another month after, would I have lost my room or would it save it?

死にてぇ奴だけ, かかってこい!! TetsuyaHikari's Avatar

Okay well I understand that, but is it really worth getting it while I'm at a lower level? (I'm literally not even 20 on any of the classes yet) so i can't really equip rares or find them to sell. I'm taking it that it'd be best to get premium when I can actually benefit from its features.

Also does your 'room' get saved? Like If I got 90 days worth of Premium, and after that didnt upgrade my my account again for another month after, would I have lost my room or would it save it?
    Well, it's always nice to be able to trade with someone, regardless of level. As for the shop... you could get an early start by selling off discs you find in the field to help you earn some money early on (they vend to NPCs for 100 meseta, but you can sell them in a shop for 1,000+). As for the room, I'm not really sure, but I would assume since the room is tied to that character, it will saving the settings for it.

It would be pretty silly for them to remove everything every time your Premium ran out. There will be people that may go out of town or take a break for a month, so what happens if their Premium runs out, then they renew it when they come back and find all of their stuff gone in their room? I'm sure Sega thought ahead to prevent incidents like that from occurring.