Page 1 of 17 123411 ... LastLast

Default Why I believe the 3 new classes are simply upgraded versions of the current classes

I firmly believe that the three new classes are simply extensions of the current classes, and it's a pretty simple explanation as to why.

Take a look at our skill trees. Did you also notice that they are adding a few new weapon types to the game? Now look really hard at your skill tree. Notice how there are zero relevant talents that benefit any of the weapons that are releasing with that very same patch?

The 'new' class is going to be an upgraded version of your current class (Force > Super Force, Hunter > Mega Hunter, Ranger > Burning Ranger), with a new skill tree that provides a fair amount of choices to supplement the new weapon options you will have. Essentially ranking up to the 2nd tier of your class will allow you a more diverse weapon selection, probably a boost in stats, and a new set of skills you can spend SP in. My prediction is that the trees for the extension classes will be small, so as to not completely eclipse the viability of your basic tree you have now. There will be a few talents relevant to the new weapon options, and maybe a number of other things, but not nearly as expansive as the basic tree you get to start with.

Wrong, they are subclasses

Quote Originally Posted by GoldenFalcon View Post
    Wrong, they are subclasses
    Elaborate? If you're just disagreeing with me, awesome proof you got there.

A few of us, me, some friends, and a few people on the forums have speculated, based on the little evidence we have ( can list it all if you want) that the 3 new classes coming out will be subclasses that add things to the main classes rather than being something you switch to completely.

Thus there'd be 6 classes with 9 combinations, your current main class plus one of the 3 secondary classes. HUGunner, HUTecher, HUFighter, RATecher, RAFighter, RAGunner, FOFighter, FOGunner, FOTecher. Further adding to that we could then add the Race/gender suffixes, to get something like.

HUGnewearl
    HUTnewearl
    HUFnewearl
    RATnewearl
    RAFnewearl
    RAGnewearl
    FOFnewearl
    FOGnewearl
    FOTnewearl

I don't expect these names to catch on much at all (lolRAT)... but HUGnewearl... HUGnewearl I'd be lying if I said I don't think that sounds adorable.

Subclasses Datamined, also check out most places where you can see your own class info, you'll likely see a "mysterious" gap near them.

The reason hybrid classes seems unlikely, is because then we have arbitrary rules preventing the hunter class from equipping double sabers, for example. Rangers from equipping twin mechs.

It makes a lot less sense than my idea...
    Subclasses Datamined
    Show me.

死にてぇ奴だけ, かかってこい!! TetsuyaHikari's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zipzo View Post
    The reason hybrid classes seems unlikely, is because then we have arbitrary rules preventing the hunter class from equipping double sabers, for example. Rangers from equipping twin mechs.

It makes a lot less sense than my idea...
    For now we do, yes.

This is an awful lot of heated defense for something you don't even know for sure. Wait and find out what they are and you don't have to speculate, or get snippy when someone doesn't agree with your guess. Pretty simple.

Quote Originally Posted by TetsuyaHikari View Post
    For now we do, yes.
    That won't change when the patch releases, unless they redo the skill trees every time they release new weapons, which seems highly improbable, don't you think?
    This is an awful lot of heated defense for something you don't even know for sure. Wait and find out what they are and you don't have to speculate, or get snippy when someone doesn't agree with your guess. Pretty simple.
    I don't understand, I'm not heated, I'm just shooting the breeze. Post something useful or don't at all. There's a difference between disgreeing and just flat out declining it with alleged proof that they don't provide.
    Last edited by Zipzo; Jul 16, 2012 at 07:00 PM.

Soo....if I'm understanding this right, they're basically going to be like PSO2's version of a subjob for your main class? Like how FFXI is set up?
    PSO2
    Mikura: Female Human - Hunter 40/Ranger 29
    Lilith: Female Newman - Force 4
    Ship 2: Block 42

Personal blog: http://theslackerslounge.blogspot.com/