Page 1 of 11 1234 ... LastLast

Default How's your PSO2 experience thus far, and what would you change?

Just as the topic title, Even as a newcomer to PSO or a veteran player to the series, what's your thoughts and opinions on this game compared to the others in terms of "The Experience" and if there are things you wish to be changed in the game, what would they be?

I'll start

So far, i'm loving about 95% of it. I like how it's free to play, to me, it's like a large demo where you can actually practically complete the full game without paying a cent. but if you do decide to support the game, if you purchase about a retail price of $60-70 of in-game content, you unlock a full (not completely necessary) experience of the game, and i really like that in f2p games.

next is the gameplay, loving it. love photon arts, love the fast pace and agility. grinding levels feels so fun with all the pse/cross bursting, also multi-party area's are one of the coolest things i've seen in an ARPG MMO, to be able to join up with 2 other party's full of humans is such a great experience especially in bursts.

The client quests really help leveling up, it's really taken the strain off level 20-30 and feels good to know you're not just mindlessly grinding for levels.

as for some things i'd like to see eventually hopefully implemented would be:

- on/off toggle for double tapping keys to dodge.

- a manual zoom in and out of character and for TPS view.

- I thought it would be a neat idea (premium or not) to be able to set like a 5 item queue for feeding a mag, like 5 items queued, and every time it has enough percent to eat another item it does it automatically.

that's all i have for now, what are your thoughts about the game so far and some idea's you'd like to see implemented?

Fizz Gaming Stream - Xbox360/PC [Click Here]
    My Portfolio [Click Here]
    Core i7 920 @ 3Ghz
    EVGA GTX 670FTW
    3x4 12GB DDR3 @ 2000Mhz

Needs a more intuitive chat function, it's kind of annoying having to cycle between people in whisper chats. A guild would be a good fix for this, but I don't want to just group all of my friends into a guild for the sake of convinence, a friend/partner card chat would be useful. Sega has never had a good system for chatting with people always been private chat, as this game is F2P and granted I'm not much of a lobby rat or always in parties with the friends I would like to speak them in a simpler manner.
    PSO2 Karai

I agree with you on loving 95% of it.

Things that I wish were different:

- less map uncovering view.. you walk into D3 and D4, E3, and D2 are all uncovered and the exit is clearly visible.
    - miss leveling up my photon arts the way they did in PSU. finding upgraded discs doesn't cut it for me D:

Otherwise I'm loving it so much. First time I've played a game and lost track of time in a longgg while.

tbh the only thing I'd change is make 20-30 less dull by changing around when things are unlocked

Star Base. Where no turtle has gone before.

Im loving it. My only problem is that Im lv 32 and ive solod the entire time. Need to play with more groups, but thats more of a me thing. As for the game its what i expected and then more.

Quote Originally Posted by Trickyg View Post
    miss leveling up my photon arts the way they did in PSU. finding upgraded discs doesn't cut it for me D:
    I hated having to level up photon arts in PSU. Because then you don't level the PAs you don't use. And when you do use them, they're too weak D:. Although sometimes it can be a pain to find good disks, usually it isn't too hard.
    I'll get a new sig pic soon =w=
    Rika
    Ship 10
    ID: Colors

OHH Ohhhhhhhh! i forgot something, I was going to originally write that, i kinda miss in the older days of PSO1 and PSO:BB the drops :\

I liked the simplicity of blue being armor, orange a weapon, and red in that tiny awesome little shaped box just GLEAMING at you in it's bright vibrance!

in this game, the red's are cool, but there's two types :\ the already tekked, and the un-tekked. as much as i love complexity in my rpg games, i just feel like the old way of how rare's were displayed had a greater effect on me. this game does too, but not as much i feel. Also i think i like the old armor design of equipping abilities to your slots better.
    I understand item/weapon/loot drops in this game are easier to identify what you're picking up without actually picking it up, but there's something about the old way i just liked better, it was a feeling of anticipation and excitement i think.

Quote Originally Posted by Trickyg View Post
    I agree with you on loving 95% of it.

Things that I wish were different:

- less map uncovering view.. you walk into D3 and D4, E3, and D2 are all uncovered and the exit is clearly visible.
    - miss leveling up my photon arts the way they did in PSU. finding upgraded discs doesn't cut it for me D:

Otherwise I'm loving it so much. First time I've played a game and lost track of time in a longgg while.
    agreed, the map thingy is irritating when that happens lol, also yes on the discs too, auction house. level 1-9 in seconds...
    Last edited by GrieverXVII; Jul 17, 2012 at 12:07 AM.

Fizz Gaming Stream - Xbox360/PC [Click Here]
    My Portfolio [Click Here]
    Core i7 920 @ 3Ghz
    EVGA GTX 670FTW
    3x4 12GB DDR3 @ 2000Mhz

I am liking the game very much. I do wish some of the client orders were not as intense as they were... but oh well.

EXP is fine and I haven't had any major problems with it... yet. Doing client orders as well as matter board and what not usually keeps you up to date at all times.

I am a little dissapointed that you can't do trading/my shop without paying, which is essential in a game like this, but at least you have a chance to win 3 day passes so thanks SEGA for that.

Quote Originally Posted by GrieverXVII View Post
    auction house. level 1-9 in seconds...
    LOL. Didn't even occur to me I could do that. Finally bought the wired lance PA I've been wanting for a long time now..

I want to be able to drop items again. And not have to pay to use the room.

Mixae: Ship 2
    o(≧▼≦○〃パンチ