Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Heroes of Ruin

Talking Heroes of Ruin

Today is finally the US release date of HoR, Who's getting it today? For any 3DS owner who doesn't know what it is: anyway so if anyone is getting it my Friend Code it: 5413-0813-2408.

I'll be picking my pre-order up on Wednesday.
    Its funny, you think there would be more games like this for the handhelds, IMO, they go hand in hand.
    In any case, from what I've played from the demo, the gameplay and online are great for a 3DS game, and its cheesy, so I can have fun, while playing, and while picking at the cheesy voiceovers and graphics.

Been following the game since it was first announced through the "Square-News".
    I'll pick it up when I can but right now..
    Steams kinda what Im going to dump my money into.

Looks cool its on my list of 3ds games im getting
    who am i....? *tosses card to* find out.

Got my grubby hands on it today. Maybe I'll share some thoughts on it later. I went with the Savage character. I'm liking it so far, though.

Oh it's out already? Oh man, I need to get it soon D:
    ID: Haseyo FO
    Character: Roll Caskett | Ship: 02
    Character: Hsien-Ko | Ship: 02

So I've played for a few hours, did a few quests, and I gotta say, it's pretty fun.

It's about time SOMEONE brought a game like this to the 3DS.

With that said..

My only gripe is the framerate issue, but it doesn't take much away from the gameplay. I've yet to take it online, but if its anything like the Demo+Voice Chat, I'm sure it'll be good. Seems like each class gets only one weapon type, so that's kinda disappointing, but its all good. I hear its also a bit short, but stories for dungeon crawlers aren't really known for their longevity. It's all about the loot, baby! I've found quite a bit so far. I'm looking forward to fighting with myself, trying to put my 3DS down.
    Last edited by Bomber The Cosmonaut; Jul 19, 2012 at 01:36 PM.

I'm a loot whore kind of person so I'll definitely pick this up.
    ID: Haseyo FO
    Character: Roll Caskett | Ship: 02
    Character: Hsien-Ko | Ship: 02

I really wasn't very impressed with the demo. The gameplay seemed really bland and old-fashioned - like it may have worked to some extent for games like Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance, but that's kind of like re-releasing Dragon Quest with a new paint job. I'm sure there's a niche of people who enjoy that sort of thing still, but what's so different about this to make me want to play it?

It felt like a game I've played a dozen times before. I like that sort of co-op hack-and-slash game, but I also like games I play to be new and fresh compared to ones I've played before, and this one just doesn't seem that way.

ProTip: To damage your credibility, simply call any of the Phantasy Star games "massively-multiplayer."

Quote Originally Posted by Kent View Post
    I really wasn't very impressed with the demo. The gameplay seemed really bland and old-fashioned - like it may have worked to some extent for games like Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance, but that's kind of like re-releasing Dragon Quest with a new paint job. I'm sure there's a niche of people who enjoy that sort of thing still, but what's so different about this to make me want to play it?

It felt like a game I've played a dozen times before. I like that sort of co-op hack-and-slash game, but I also like games I play to be new and fresh compared to ones I've played before, and this one just doesn't seem that way.
    I kinda like to think of it like this.

As of right now, there is nothing like this for the 3DS in the US market. If this does well, then who knows what else could come out in the future? I know, I'm being a bit optimistic, but we could see some other games utilize online features like Heroes of Ruin has.

Yeah, the online would have to be the big draw for me. That and being able to kill things and loot the shit out of them whenever and wherever I want to.