Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast
    Whats an ares? :wacko: AlVaRo0515's Avatar

Default Question about Hunter...

does a hunter have anything like Weak Hit, or Weak Bullet, or similar to it?
    RIP Ship 2.
    Hoeski: 75/75/75/75/75/75/75/54
    HU/RA/FO/FI/GU/TE/BR/BO
    Spoiler!

Well

Ranger buddies?

Haha! Nope.

But gears are superior, if you ask me. Especially sword gear! Mmmm, gotta love those tasty quick-charge attacks!

Quote Originally Posted by Zyrusticae View Post
    Haha! Nope.

But gears are superior, if you ask me. Especially sword gear! Mmmm, gotta love those tasty quick-charge attacks!
    I prefer triple hit Aeros

Sword Gear, Step Attack, Just Guard, and Fury Stance.

Get them. Get them all.

But remember, Fury Stance isn't like Weak Bullet in its SP-effectiveness. 1 SP just won't cut it, you'll need closer to 5 to get any real meaningful gains out of it.

死にてぇ奴だけ, かかってこい!! TetsuyaHikari's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AlVaRo0515 View Post
    does a hunter have anything like Weak Hit, or Weak Bullet, or similar to it?
    Yeah. It's called, "HULK SMASH!"

No, but seriously. If they had something like weak bullet, they'd be broken as hell, lol. Their raw power makes up for their lack of something like weak bullet.

Quote Originally Posted by gigawuts View Post
    Sword Gear, Step Attack, Just Guard, and Fury Stance.

Get them. Get them all.

But remember, Fury Stance isn't like Weak Bullet in its SP-effectiveness. 1 SP just won't cut it, you'll need closer to 5 to get any real meaningful gains out of it.
    A. Sword Gear - Yes, get this. It will help you in ways you can't even imagine. It's truly a great skill.

B. Step Attack - Not necessary.

C. Just Guard - While it may be good by itself, you may as well go the extra mile and obtain Just Counter afterwards

D. Fury Stance - No. Just no. It's not worth it and I'll tell you why.

You dump a shit ton of SP into it before you start seeing results and even then, I can't justify the damage for the sacrifice. I have seen one too many Hunters fall against bosses because of Fury Stance. Yeah, you think that damage is good now, but wait until you get hit. I can't tell you how many people I've seen get swatted like a fly from ONE (yes, ONE) hit off a boss because they had Fury Stance, thinking the sacrifice in s-def for s-atk was worth it.

You might as well be a ticking timebomb. You'll only be useful temporarily and you're just going to waste everyone's Moons. Now, don't get me wrong. If you can Just Guard properly all the time, then you'll get the best benefits from it, but yeah... I have yet to see someone Just Guard that well (or hardly Just Guard at all for that matter).

Personally, I play it a little safer by using a couple more hits to equal that damage you'd get and not die in a hit or two if I screw up. There will be plenty of people that will go straight to suggesting Fury Stance because it increases your s-atk so much, but eh... I focused on JA Bonuses and leveling up my S-Atk passives, personally. People look at me like I'm crazy for not leveling Fury Stance, but meh. Until I see it actually be more beneficial than suicidal, I'll pass.

Quote Originally Posted by TetsuyaHikari View Post
    If you can Just Guard properly all the time, then you'll get the best benefits from it
    Why do I feel so elitist right now

Quote Originally Posted by GoldenFalcon View Post
    Why do I feel so elitist right now
    You should. You're one of the few. Be proud, lol.

Surely you haven't seen that many using Just Guard (especially during Fury Stance), have you? I just see people activate it and swing away. It's funny, really. They just see how long they can last by racking up as much damage as they can before they get squished.

Step attack is a vital part of my sword strategy, step attack's mobility and the sword's damage go hand in hand.

Fury Stance is fantastic, especially as a stepping stone to Just Attack Bonus 2. I very rarely die because of Fury Stance, even at just 5. Blocking, just guarding, dodging, and just having a hunter's HP make sure of that.

Quote Originally Posted by gigawuts View Post
    Step attack is a vital part of my sword strategy, step attack's mobility and the sword's damage go hand in hand.

Fury Stance is fantastic, especially as a stepping stone to Just Attack Bonus 2. I very rarely die because of Fury Stance, even at just 5. Blocking, just guarding, dodging, and just having a hunter's HP make sure of that.
    I see. My strategy usually doesn't even need that because I'm swinging at groups at once and if I do have to step, they are already on the ground, so they don't have enough time to recover anyway. As for Fury Stance, I don't know... I still say there's too much at risk and not enough reward.

I could just as easily get the same damage output you're getting without sacrificing all that defense, so why should I? Seems like a waste of SP if you ask me.