Page 1147 of 1675 FirstFirst ... 14764710471097113711441145114611471148114911501157119712471647 ... LastLast
Results 11,461 to 11,470 of 16750

Quote Originally Posted by Perfect Chaos View Post
    Well, obviously. You're comparing a 13* WITH its potential versus an 11* without its potential. The damage Bert Rodan loses from losing its potential is greater than the damage it gains from being Light while using Light techs. If you were to compare it to your Slave Sage without its potential, the damage would be pretty much even.
    But that's irrelevant, since no one decent is going to use a Light Bert Rodan to do Light techs. There's Caduceus (or the more budget Divine Amaterasu) for that. You should stop trying to come up with reasons to justify using that Slave Sage. It's fine if you just can't afford a rainbow palette of rods, but don't try to use this reasoning as the justification...
    How about I've been using that Bert Rodan and the other rainbows of 11* rods/talises/wands since the beginning of time, I worked hard to get that 13*... and I want to use it?

What's the point of getting a new shiny to keep it in bank until you can afford to 55-60 element it?

You guys are the epitome of try-hard in a casual game. Geesh. Have a little fun sometimes.

The point is because it's weaker and there's no real reason to use it until it's stronger than your previous rares which is why you hunt for shinies... no?

People aren't being unreasonable. The item you have is weaker than something else you have, and in PSO2 killing faster is the only way to get faster meseta, rares, EXP, etc... You know, the stuff everyone wants.

Well, obviously. You're comparing a 13* WITH its potential versus an 11* without its potential. The damage Bert Rodan loses from losing its potential is greater than the damage it gains from being Light while using Light techs. If you were to compare it to your Slave Sage without its potential, the damage would be pretty much even.
    But that's irrelevant, since no one decent is going to use a Light Bert Rodan to do Light techs. There's Caduceus (or the more budget Divine Amaterasu) for that. You should stop trying to come up with reasons to justify using that Slave Sage. It's fine if you just can't afford a rainbow palette of rods, but don't try to use this reasoning as the justification...
    My question was if using ONLY fire techs with Bert Rodan and Crimson Crystal Lv3, would it cause more damage on enemies with no fire weakness that using my Slave Rod and it's potential. If you don't know or can't answer the question, do me a favor and stop replying to my questions.

I wasn't replying to your question; I was replying to the fact that you're comparing your Slave Sage to a light-element Bert Rodan, which is silly.
    And the answer to your question also depends on what the other element is, since you may or may not have Masteries for that element.
    Off-weakness Fire will get x1.44 from your Fire Masteries and x1.16 on Bert Rodan and x1.25 on Element Conversion.
    Matching-weakness using Slave Sage would get x1.2 from EWH and x1.2 from the natural enemy weak element multiplier (in some cases, it could be more), and 1.0375 on Element Conversion.

From this and also doing a quick simulation, the former would out-damage the Slave Sage, even with its potential applied, if you don't have Masteries for the element that is matching the enemy's weakness. If you have it maxed, then your Slave Sage will do more damage matching weakness.

But using fire for everything isn't very ideal, regardless. Also, for the TE tree, having two points in each element's Mastery 1 and 1 point in each element's Mastery 2 gives over 11% more damage to that element. 3 points for 11.3% on an element is soooo much better than 3 PP. (Like I've said before, that 10 points in PP Up is a huge waste.) With that 11.3% applied, it makes the average damage of Slave Sage with and without potential around the same as using Fire for everything with Bert Rodan.

But that's only the 2nd best option. The best, by far, would be to match element weakness with a rainbow set of rods.
    Last edited by Perfect Chaos; May 29, 2015 at 04:42 PM.
    Ship 02 | ID: Perfect Chaos
    Characters
    Zelda (Newman ALL @ 100) | Sheik (Newman Et/Bo/Fi/Ph/Te @ 100) | Samus (Cast Gu/Fi/Ra @ 100)
    Ganondorf (Dewman Fi/Et/Hu @ 100) | Link (Newman Br/Et/Hu/Hr @ 100) | Deoxys (Cast Lu @ 100)
    Level 50 Technique Customization (max level) using Craft Tech Maker 4. Feel free to message me in game to request any recipe(s).

Yay, OP wired lance for ult /o/
    Spoiler!
    Pso2 - Ship2: Proud manager of team Celestial
    Quote Originally Posted by Azure Falcon View Post
    Loading tunnels have gone from 10-15 seconds down to 2-3 seconds and the normal lobby stuttering mess is buttery smooth currently.
    This must be some kind of glitch, I refuse to believe Sega have finally fixed this game's horrible performance problems.

dnw

Spoiler!
    Can't we all just get along?

Wand Whacking Addict

Found a slave tmg while burning off boosts from the rain EQ.

Wheeeeeeeeee~
    Last edited by ZynischQ; May 29, 2015 at 10:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Skyly View Post
    dnw

Spoiler!
    Ugh... I'm getting sick of seeing that. I've gotten 4 of those (2 with 4 slots, 1 with 5, and 1 with 6) and not a single one of the 12* Jet Boots, which I would much rather see.
    Ship 02 | ID: Perfect Chaos
    Characters
    Zelda (Newman ALL @ 100) | Sheik (Newman Et/Bo/Fi/Ph/Te @ 100) | Samus (Cast Gu/Fi/Ra @ 100)
    Ganondorf (Dewman Fi/Et/Hu @ 100) | Link (Newman Br/Et/Hu/Hr @ 100) | Deoxys (Cast Lu @ 100)
    Level 50 Technique Customization (max level) using Craft Tech Maker 4. Feel free to message me in game to request any recipe(s).

Wand Whacking Addict

Ugh... I'm getting sick of seeing that. I've gotten 4 of those (2 with 4 slots, 1 with 5, and 1 with 6) and not a single one of the 12* Jet Boots, which I would much rather see.
    Ironically, while I've gotten two 13*s from lillipa ult, I have yet to see a 12*

Quote Originally Posted by the_importer_ View Post
    My question was if using ONLY fire techs with Bert Rodan and Crimson Crystal Lv3, would it cause more damage on enemies with no fire weakness that using my Slave Rod and it's potential. If you don't know or can't answer the question, do me a favor and stop replying to my questions.
    Whether it's fire weak or not makes little difference, they both lose the fire boost?!?
    For instance, the damage calc i posted, I'll take off Element Weak Hit on all four of them.

I clicked off Element Weak Hit on all 4 representations, and waaaallaaaaaa, all balanced:
    http://4rt.info/psod/?8ITcs

The process is still the same. Element Weak Hit would only boost both their damages. Using a Light Bert Rodan will obviously make the Bert Rodan with an easy 50 Fire not look as good if you're comparing wrong elements with Element Conversion, the whole reason that 15 element slave is poop.

Edit: Such a pleb, left base element weakness for fire on: http://4rt.info/psod/?hO3mw

Not that it made any real difference,
    Last edited by Dephinix; May 30, 2015 at 05:52 AM.